Veach pulls more magic and trades Hyde

On 8/31/2019 at 6:11 PM, qnet said:

This is a borderline fleecing by Veach , LOL. 

Tim Kelly on the running game: and Carlos Hyde @elguapo 'Carlos is running hard, running behind his pads, good job of finishing his runs. He's brought a physical element to our running game.'

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Tim Kelly on the running game: and Carlos Hyde @elguapo 'Carlos is running hard, running behind his pads, good job of finishing his runs. He's brought a physical element to our running game.'

Still we fleeced them. Got a good former higher pick for the OL for a guy we were going to cut. It has been 2 games and Hyde has been playing hungry and angry. I still think not only did we get a trade for him but it also worked out where we got Shady too!

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Still we fleeced them. Got a good former higher pick for the OL for a guy we were going to cut. It has been 2 games and Hyde has been playing hungry and angry. I still think not only did we get a trade for him but it also worked out where we got Shady too!

Could be. Hope you are correct. 

Just now, FANATIC said:

Could be. Hope you are correct. 

Hey think of it this way. We all knew Hyde was getting cut. If we had allowed it and he did this, then I could see the revisionist history type thing. Hyde would be tearing it up for another team and we received nothing for it. Thing is, he did not play all that well from what we as fans saw on TV. The coaches saw him from day 1 and did not think he would fit. I just hope we can turn that high picked OL into a beast of a G or something.

13 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hey think of it this way. We all knew Hyde was getting cut. If we had allowed it and he did this, then I could see the revisionist history type thing. Hyde would be tearing it up for another team and we received nothing for it. Thing is, he did not play all that well from what we as fans saw on TV. The coaches saw him from day 1 and did not think he would fit. I just hope we can turn that high picked OL into a beast of a G or something.

Agree

17 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Fleecing is what DeCosta did to Minny- a 5th for a kicker we were going to cut who they then cut a week later and then got cut by the Jets!

I was wondering about whether the Ravens somehow did it better than we did.  I assumed so, but it's good to know for sure. 

• 4 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Guess Not so much

C. Hyde 26 116 1 26 16
  D. Watson 8 44 2 10 28
  D. Johnson 5 34

Carlos Hyde has been an absolute beast for the #Texans in 2019. The move was an after thought at the time because all the attention was on the Tunsil trade but give O’Brien credit because that move has been tremendous.

Guess not. 

On 8/31/2019 at 4:09 PM, Mloe68 said:

We get the Texans 2018 3rd round pick Martinas Rankin.  Likely a guard but can play anywhere on oline.  Apology if previously reported.  

Would have been better to actually get a 3rd round pick. No worries KC has 21 million in cap space, Frank Clark, Anthony Hitchens, Sammy Watkins and dont need the second round pick they gave up next year. Veach Rules. LOL. 

7 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Would have been better to actually get a 3rd round pick. No worries KC has 21 million in cap space, Frank Clark, Anthony Hitchens, Sammy Watkins and dont need the second round pick they gave up next year. Veach Rules. LOL. 

Seagrams Golden Wine Coolers. You clearly love em!

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

It was magic.

Fanatic, I get that you don't like Veach as GM or the Hyde deal., but do you like being right more than the Chiefs actually winning?  Do you think the Chiefs would be better off if they had kept Hyde?  I'm not sure they would have, because Reid wouldn't have ran him anyway.  I'm not trying to throw shade, just curious.

I stated it was a borderline fleecing , but maybe the Chiefs got fleeced,  LOL. 

4 minutes ago, qnet said:

Fanatic, I get that you don't like Veach as GM or the Hyde deal., but do you like being right more than the Chiefs actually winning?  Do you think the Chiefs would be better off if they had kept Hyde?  I'm not sure they would have, because Reid wouldn't have ran him anyway.  I'm not trying to throw shade, just curious.

It was a good trade because Hyde was going to be cut anyways. End of that discussion really.

12 minutes ago, qnet said:

Hyde was gone no doubt. At least they got something. It was not Veach Magic though. I did not dislike the Hyde deal. 

6 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Hyde was gone no doubt. At least they got something. It was not Veach Magic though. I did not dislike the Hyde deal. 

Frankly, it could have been Hyde from That 70s Show and he still would have run for 100+ and a TD. This defense blows that bad.