Lesean McCoy is ours

1 minute ago, Chiefmanzada said:

They going all out for the SB looks like.

I'd agree if this was a corner back or TE but not for a washed up RB.   At this point in his career we just paid 4 million to a guy because he probably pass protects better than Darwin and Darrell.......expensive backup.   

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

I'd agree if this was a corner back or TE but not for a washed up RB.   At this point in his career we just paid 4 million to a guy because he probably pass protects better than Darwin and Darrell.......expensive backup.   

It's the offense that will win it for em. If Damien gets injured, we might be exposed at that position for a chance to make a run 

1 minute ago, Chiefmanzada said:

It's the offense that will win it for em. If Damien gets injured, we might be exposed at that position for a chance to make a run 

Makes sense but then again if either Tackle goes out, Kelce, Hill, Tyran, Jones, Clark...........I think rb is the least of our worries at the moment.   I guess my main concern is normally rb's fall off a cliff and thats 4 million less we have in finding a CB and TE.   But if he still has some in the tank that would be great becuase he was an electric player and if he's still got some then he can really help this O.   And like someone said we keep him from the Pats, Eagles and Chargers.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Makes sense but then again if either Tackle goes out, Kelce, Hill, Tyran, Jones, Clark...........I think rb is the least of our worries at the moment.   I guess my main concern is normally rb's fall off a cliff and thats 4 million less we have in finding a CB and TE.   But if he still has some in the tank that would be great becuase he was an electric player and if he's still got some then he can really help this O.   And like someone said we keep him from the Pats, Eagles and Chargers.

They have more than enough money this year 

2 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

And depth is key. Why it makes sense if it does happen. We keep Chargers from getting depth and right now they are hurting for RB if Gordon does not come back. One injury will really hurt them in the rb field.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

McCoy and Reid got ties. Probably was another personal decision

I think McCoy is a huge pickup. He is absolutely a game changer in open space and has some of the best moves in the game. I don’t know how people can judge him based on last year. He was the only player on offense for that Buffalo team beyond an occasional scramble run by the QB. If he can perform like he did just a couple years ago, this offense is borderline illegal.

Chiefs signed RB LeSean McCoy, formerly of the Bills, to a one-year, $4 million contract.

The deal includes $3 million guaranteed. Fantasy owners may be — correctly — tempted to view McCoy as just a "body" at this point, but Andy Reid isn't giving someone he views as a body $3 million guaranteed. That's $900,000 more guaranteed than Damien Williams got last December. McCoy was reportedly offered a similar contract from the Chargers but opted to sign with Kansas City due to his history with Reid. The ex-Bills veteran was brutal in his age-30 season, averaging a career-low 3.2 yards per carry, but he’ll undoubtedly suck out usage from both Williams and rookie Darwin Thompson given his familiarity with the offense. A big name with a proven track record, the 31-year-old could muster a respectable season if he truly does have anything left in the tank.

RELATED: 
Sep 1, 2019, 12:06 AM ET
  •  

McCoy makes the RB position legit now! Just another weapon the opposing team must game plan for. If everyone stays healthy this offense will be unbelievable. Any of you that said you was comfortable with the RB position with Williams is lying. Reminds me of the movie Draft Day RB was the final piece of the puzzle. This team is ready to roll! Go Chiefs Damn-it!

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

Good signing overall.

it has no long term impact

doesn't hinder any future additions this year

why not..

This.

I don't know if he has anything left in the tank but we have plenty of cap space to make other small additions (because it's not like we were going to make any big ones) and it has no effect beyond this year.  I really don't get why people would be down on this.

10 hours ago, Balto said:

Why do we need him for $4M?  What does he bring to this team that our current RBs can’t do?

Play a season in the NFL. Not trying to be smart but he is the only one in this group to play a season and we are making a SB run.

Damien has 7 starts over 5 years. Darrel has never had a start. Thompson has never played a snap in the NFL. 

I think it makes sense. He serves the role they brought Hyde in for but is more dynamic. I think it is a very good signing.

he was very good under Reid. A little long in the tooth but won’t have to carry a starters load.

Fanatic Take: Buffalo Oline was complete crap last year. Look what players were saying in June 2018.

Published on Jun 11, 2018
SUBSCRIBE 4.9M
Buffalo Bills running back, LeSean McCoy, comes in at number 30 on the list of Top 100 Players of 2018 as voted on by his peers.

FcWM84x-_bigger.jpgMatt Conner @MattConnerAA
FollowFollow @MattConnerAA
More

The Bills imported 7 new offensive linemen (4 new starters) this offseason because their line was so bad (they even made Mitch Morse the highest paid center in the league). That's who was blocking for LeSean McCoy.

9:49 PM - 31 Aug 2019

Why do we need him for $4M?  What does he bring to this team that our current RBs can’t do?

I agree until proven otherwise.  This had to be all Andy.  That said his oline last year was a train wreck. So maybe we can get more than it seems. I’m skeptical 

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I agree until proven otherwise.  This had to be all Andy.  That said his oline last year was a train wreck. So maybe we can get more than it seems. I’m skeptical 

I doubt he lost it in one year. Look what players were saying prior to last season. Excellent signing!

Published on Jun 11, 2018
SUBSCRIBE 4.9M
Buffalo Bills running back, LeSean McCoy, comes in at number 30 on the list of Top 100 Players of 2018 as voted on by his peers.

FcWM84x-_bigger.jpgMatt Conner @MattConnerAA
FollowFollow @MattConnerAA
More

The Bills imported 7 new offensive linemen (4 new starters) this offseason because their line was so bad (they even made Mitch Morse the highest paid center in the league). That's who was blocking for LeSean McCoy.

9:49 PM - 31 Aug 2019

The good news is that McCoy was already thinking in those terms. Check the following quote from a few weeks ago as reporters in Buffalo were questioning his ability to produce in 2019:

“I feel good,” he insisted. “I think I’m different, you know? I hang around a lot of running backs — retired dudes that I came in with, guys older than me. And they have all these injuries and they’re all [broken down]. I don’t play like that. My style is unique. I don’t have any issues on my body, injuries. I don’t take a lot of shots. I don’t take a lot of hits. So I think I’m unique.”

If he’s back to form, that’s great news for the Chiefs. McCoy made five straight Pro Bowls before last season and averaged 1,603 yards from scrimmage per season in that stretch.