Lesean McCoy is ours

11 hours ago, Balto said:

Why do we need him for $4M?  What does he bring to this team that our current RBs can’t do?

Basically great depth at RB.  I would bet the thinking is that if Mahomes is hurt for awhile, a very strong running game can get us through that period.  He has some gas left in the tank and basically spells D. Williams.  He already knows Reid and how he likes to work his games. So, now we have speed, vision, strength, balance, EXPERIENCE STARTING, and depth at RB.  All of them can catch.  We have short yardage guys in Darryl Williams and A. Sherman and even Darwin Thompson.  Jeez. All of them can pass block.  Jeez, this gives Mahomes a lot of options depending on the opponent, as well as safety, blocking, and the shorter passing game.  Frankly, I don't know how this offense can be stopped.  It is possible that the biggest reason we signed him was that it was worth 4 million dollars to keep him off the Chargers roster for this Super Bowl run.  When McCoy is gone in a year or so, Rivers will be even older.  Really a brilliant move by Veatch and Reid, both short term and longer term.  We can also now afford to dangle a good RB for a good CB if needed.

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Basically great depth at RB.  I would bet the thinking is that if Mahomes is hurt for awhile, a very strong running game can get us through that period.  He has some gas left in the tank and basically spells D. Williams.  He already knows Reid and how he likes to work his games. So, now we have speed, vision, strength, balance, EXPERIENCE STARTING, and depth at RB.  All of them can catch.  We have short yardage guys in Darryl Williams and A. Sherman and even Darwin Thompson.  Jeez. All of them can pass block.  Jeez, this gives Mahomes a lot of options depending on the opponent, as well as safety, blocking, and the shorter passing game.  Frankly, I don't know how this offense can be stopped.  It is possible that the biggest reason we signed him was that it was worth 4 million dollars to keep him off the Chargers roster for this Super Bowl run.  When McCoy is gone in a year or so, Rivers will be even older.  Really a brilliant move by Veatch and Reid, both short term and longer term.  We can also now afford to dangle a good RB for a good CB if needed.

Good points. I dont see Kc with a great running game if Mahomes is out. This team and oline is not built for smash mouth football.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Andy counts! McCoy could be Chiefs Marcus Allen.

Hell right Andy counts. There’s no doubt since the day he got here this his “vote” outweighs all others.  I’m sure Veach watched last years game film and chimed in his opinion.  

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Im not so sure. Mahomes is elusive. Morre is not? I really think KC is an 8-8 team without Mahomes. 

With Moore you are probably right. But this is a very good overall roster with three top 100 players on each side of the ball. I’m pretty confident Henne could have won 10 games playing around this crew. Andy’s averaging 11 wins a season here with multiple QBs. 

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Im not so sure. Mahomes is elusive. Morre is not? I really think KC is an 8-8 team without Mahomes. 

Somewhere in that vicinity.  But it is highly unlikely that Mahomes would miss more than four games, unless something really awful hits him.  If we can go 2-2 in those games, or 3-3, we can still get in the playoffs based on the part of the season Mahomes would still play.

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

With Moore you are probably right. But this is a very good overall roster with three top 100 players on each side of the ball. I’m pretty confident Henne could have won 10 games playing around this crew. Andy’s averaging 11 wins a season here with multiple QBs. 

Smith is not the back up. Henne is injured and not Smith. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Hell right Andy counts. There’s no doubt since the day he got here this his “vote” outweighs all others.  I’m sure Veach watched last years game film and chimed in his opinion.  

Also, Toub.  With more depth at RB, the #4 RB can be used on ST snaps, if he is good at it.

8 minutes ago, Calichief said:

At first in the other thread I was quick to say play our guys, but after thinking about it, this move doesn’t hurt at all. He can mentor Thompson. It’s only one year. If he’s anything like his old self, this offense will be just ridiculous.

I think an older guy can be just is good if he doesn't have to play the majority snaps.  With more breathers, he can function more like the younger McCoy when he is in there. HIs reputation alone will keep LB in and open up the middle. Bell and Yelder might be better if they have a little more room.  We could weather an injury to Kelce better.  He could be "The Real McCoy."

44 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Andy had Smith. Smith was a very good QB. Henne is a career loser. Way more INT than Td passes. Plus Henne is Hurt. Moore was out of football. Nobody wanted that guy. It will be a sack fest for the opponent.

Smith was a career loser until he got to Andy too. Has Andy ever not gotten one of his QBs who played at least half the season to the playoffs? Not sure but he’s so good with QBs it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Are you saying our roster isn’t very good? Or that our backup QBs suck?

42 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Smith was a career loser until he got to Andy too. Has Andy ever not gotten one of his QBs who played at least half the season to the playoffs? Not sure but he’s so good with QBs it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Are you saying our roster isn’t very good? Or that our backup QBs suck?

Im saying Mahomes is so elite that he is the key. Smith was not a loser. Did KC not give up a #2 for him? The current back up QBs on this roster are not good. The defense is not as good as it was a few years ago. Yes Mahomes makes this entire team better than it would be without his level of play. 8-8 team with any current KC back=up. But hey ..........you seem need the last word. No problem. WE agree to disagree. Changing my opinion is not possible with more posts. Enjoy.

58 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Send Mecole and Tyreek deep to clear the safeties, throw it out to McCoy for 1v1 against a linebacker, from there forget about it. Shady got moves like Jamaal 

Couldn't that also be said for Williams and Thompson?  With Andy's offense and the skills of all three RBs (not including Darrell), it's essentially like having five receivers on every play with the danger that the defense could be gashed by an elusive back on a run play.  This offense will be fun to watch. 

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

He is easily the most talented RB on the team. I am surprised that people are not excited about this.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Couldn't that also be said for Williams and Thompson?  With Andy's offense and the skills of all three RBs (not including Darrell), it's essentially like having five receivers on every play with the danger that the defense could be gashed by an elusive back on a run play.  This offense will be fun to watch. 

This is a fantastic pickup. If he’s still the real slim Shady, even three ghosts of that, he’s got the best pedigree at the running back position on this team. 6 time pro bowler and 3 time all pro. In the past we watched hof caliber players go to places like New England instead and get their Super bowl opportunity. It’s the Chiefs turn now to be that destination.