Lesean McCoy is ours

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Excited. McCoy looks awesome. McCoy & Williams are two really good backs and create an opportunity for Thompson to sit a little , play a little and learn a lot from one of the best McCoy..

Guys like him are like fine wine.  You need to sip it, not gulp it.   They don't lose anything. They just can't be as great for as many carries per game.  As long as we do the committee thing,, he will be (already is) a huge asset.  Coaches need to be careful about using him too much.  To me, having him along with Damien, Darrel, and Darwin makes us as good at RB as when Kareem Hunt was the man.  All of them are excellent receivers.  Without Hill for awhile, that is going to be really crucial.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Guys like him are like fine wine.  You need to sip it, not gulp it.   They don't lose anything. They just can't be as great for as many carries per game.  As long as we do the committee thing,, he will be (already is) a huge asset.  Coaches need to be careful about using him too much.  To me, having him along with Damien, Darrel, and Darwin makes us as good at RB as when Kareem Hunt was the man.  All of them are excellent receivers.  Without Hill for awhile, that is going to be really crucial.

Few things are as annoying as fine wine sippers.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see the stats and McCoy was not starting nor did he have a lot of time to get up to speed. I also think with Mahomes and Reid as a coach you will see offensive vets coming here to play in this system and a chance to win it all.

It is strange that we haven't seen McCoy much in the 4th, aside from that crazy lateral play it seems like the last 2 games he wasn't out there much.  It could have a lot to do with his injury but I wonder if him holding the ball out there like a loaf of bread also hurts his crunch playing time.

3 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

It is strange that we haven't seen McCoy much in the 4th, aside from that crazy lateral play it seems like the last 2 games he wasn't out there much.  It could have a lot to do with his injury but I wonder if him holding the ball out there like a loaf of bread also hurts his crunch playing time.

Williams is a more bruising back and McCoy has been nursing injury.

52 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Nice to see the stats and McCoy was not starting nor did he have a lot of time to get up to speed. I also think with Mahomes and Reid as a coach you will see offensive vets coming here to play in this system and a chance to win it all.

Hasn't McCoy basically been our starter?  I haven't looked at the snap or touch count but it seemed like he's gotten the most touches in basically every game, even in Jax, with the possible exception of Darrell closing out the Ravens game.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

First 4 games 2018 Kareem Hunt 71 carries for 289 rushing; 3 TDs 4 catches for 59 receiving; 1 TD 2019 LeSean McCoy 40 carries for 214 yards; 2 TDs 9 catches for 71 yards; 1 TD

I like McCoy, but for now it seems like there are too many negative  plays from him.  Kareem didn't always break it, but you rarely saw him stopped for no gain or a loss.  McCoy had 56 yards rushing on 11 carries against the Lions, which seems good on the surface, but 39 were on the one carry.  His other 10 carries gained 17 total.  That's not helpful for a feature back. 

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I like McCoy, but for now it seems like there are too many negative  plays from him.  Kareem didn't always break it, but you rarely saw him stopped for no gain or a loss.  McCoy had 56 yards rushing on 11 carries against the Lions, which seems good on the surface, but 39 were on the one carry.  His other 10 carries gained 17 total.  That's not helpful for a feature back. 

The oline is the reason for neg plays. No hole No gain. 

41 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Not sure why he wasn't in there in the 4th vs the Lions but he flat got pulled nursing the ankle injury the game before that. Also I think with a worn down defense maybe Andy thinks Williams is a perfect weapon to use with his size and speed?