Lesean McCoy is ours

Just now, FANATIC said:

The oline is the reason for neg plays. No hole No gain. 

Yep. Our backup left tackle has been really bad run blocking. Fisher is good. Wylie is all over the place. Reiter is more finesse than anything and I think Schwartz is playing a bit dinged up. You see when McCoy runs he has patience to let a hole develop, but that won't work if there isn't one. Maybe why they just crashed Williams into the end zone on the winning TD. 

28 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm thinking all of the yards for the hook and ladder to Kelce show up as receiving yards for McCoy?

My understanding is that Mahomes gets a completion to Kelce.  Kelce gets the yards to the point that he advanced to.  Then McCoy gets any additional yards (and they count as receiving not rushing) beyond the point Kelce received (so negative if he had been tackled right away) but McCoy does NOT get a reception.  If it's a TD then McCoy gets a receiving TD without a reception!  Mahomes gets all passing yards + passing TD if applicable.

4 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

It is strange that we haven't seen McCoy much in the 4th, aside from that crazy lateral play it seems like the last 2 games he wasn't out there much.  It could have a lot to do with his injury but I wonder if him holding the ball out there like a loaf of bread also hurts his crunch playing time.

Why expose a crucial committee RB during a portion of a game when we are ahead?  If we are behind and have limited time, it is a different matter.   The way he holds the ball does worry me also, and it could have entered into the decision as well.  But that is the way he has always done it, and he seems to tuck it away securely when he senses the tackle coming. I don't have any idea what his career stats are regarding fumbles.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Why expose a crucial committee RB during a portion of a game when we are ahead?  If we are behind and have limited time, it is a different matter.   The way he holds the ball does worry me also, and it could have entered into the decision as well.  But that is the way he has always done it, and he seems to tuck it away securely when he senses the tackle coming. I don't have any idea what his career stats are regarding fumbles.

Well we were not ahead until 20 seconds left in the game

That last drive was all Williams.