Teams that are tanking but won't trade off CB's

6 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Jaguars waived DB Quenton Meeks.

Meeks made four appearances for the Jags last season, logging 47 snaps in all. He was beat out by Breon Borders for the team's fifth corner role this upcoming season. A three-year starter at Stanford, Meeks will undoubtedly get another shot in the league following final cuts.

Sign him to the PS and pick his brain.  Only costs $7000/week. 

The Dolphins gave Howard a big deal this year.  Absolutely absurd to think he's available for trade.

Right now it would make sense to just stand still.  The beginning stretch is tolerable and they should take a look at what the results are when the D isn't vanilla.

I'm sure the results will say "trade for a corner" but at this point they should eait till some teams are the drizzling shits (looking at you. Arizona) than hardball.

Corner is one of the easier spots to plug and play.

57 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Dolphins gave Howard a big deal this year.  Absolutely absurd to think he's available for trade.

Right now it would make sense to just stand still.  The beginning stretch is tolerable and they should take a look at what the results are when the D isn't vanilla.

I'm sure the results will say "trade for a corner" but at this point they should eait till some teams are the drizzling shits (looking at you. Arizona) than hardball.

Corner is one of the easier spots to plug and play.

Hes obviously trying to upgrade at corner but being reasonable about it and not panicking. But if one of those three goes down on Sunday. It will be panic time. You are right though we open against two bottom feeder WR groups with Jax and Balt. Brown and Williams will present problems. And if those other teams do we are in trouble. 

23 hours ago, FANATIC said:

by Lyle Graversen2 hours ago

What fans often forget is that the Chiefs worst coverage issues last season weren’t at cornerback. I did a piece earlier this offseason where I talked about why the Chiefs would be better in coverage in 2019. In it I gave the Pro Football Focus coverage grades for each of the three position groups in KC’s defense. Those were:

Linebackers: 55.7
Safeties: 64.2
Cornerbacks: 70.4

I also gave opposing quarterbacks QB ratings when they targeted those positions.

Linebackers: 113.8
Safeties: 107.9
Cornerbacks: 84.2

The corners may not be greatly improved this year, but I am extremely confident that the safety coverage will be thanks to the additions of Tyrann Mathieu and Juan Thornhill. The Chiefs also added a good coverage linebacker in Darron Lee to help in the linebacker department and the new scheme of defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo will hopefully simplify the linebackers responsibilities so they can play and react faster as well.

FANATIC TAKE: RELAX KC IS UNDEFEATED

Um I’d think most QBs have a higher passing rating throwing to receivers being covered by LB/Safeties than Corners...right?  Also shouldn’t Corners have higher coverage ratings than LBs and Safeties?  

Kinda like saying RBs have higher tackle breaking ratings against our corners than our LBs, thus meaning our LBs are good.....doesn’t work that way.

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Content probably isn't the term I'd use, but they probably want to buy when it'll be a buyers market instead of a sellers market.

Just look at the stupid price Houston paid for an ok LT and WR.

Agree 100 percent with this. Last year proved the trade deadline means something in the modern NFL. I can’t see us being content until then though  I think we will pick up someone. Or still possibly do another player swap  

On 8/31/2019 at 10:06 PM, Lamardirts said:

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree 100 percent with this. Last year proved the trade deadline means something in the modern NFL. I can’t see us being content until then though  I think we will pick up someone. Or still possibly do another player swap  

It really would depend on how the Defense fares early, I'd think.  If they are gashed severely and lose games because of it, yeah they'll operate with a lot more urgency.

If they're still winning, probably not.

16 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Just look at the stupid price Houston paid for an ok LT and WR.

Yep.  And, wasted their 1st this year on a major project after Philly jumped them to get the tackle they wanted.  Basically 3 1s and a 2 for an ok lt, an ok wr, and a RAW rookie.

😎

28 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Yep.  And, wasted their 1st this year on a major project after Philly jumped them to get the tackle they wanted.  Basically 3 1s and a 2 for an ok lt, an ok wr, and a RAW rookie.

😎

All that because the old owner that died couldn't shut the fuck up. 

16 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Seattle stole Clowney 

Which leads to this. 

The Seahawks got a high end LT and pass-rusher from the Texans for pennies on the dollar.  What a dumb ass franchise.

Archived