Frank Clark FTW

40 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

They will gel more and more.  It is very hard for a whole different bunch of guys in a new system with new coaches to get things coordinated and timed.  We won't see what this defense can do probably until November.  Even that won't be what they can do next season.  Four things besides that are certain: 1) offenses are always ahead of defenses at the beginning of the season. 2) Extreme heat does hurt defenses more than offenses. 3) From everything we have seen in the preseason and today, our run defense is already MUCH better. That, alone, makes this defense better than last year. 4) The faster you score, the longer your defense is on the field.  in heat like today, that is not a good thing...even for Frank Clark.

People!  This is a marathon, not a sprint.  It is an old saying, but its age makes it no less true.

Good post. I heard today the starting defense had less than 5 snaps all preseason.  Chemistry and learning a system takes time. That said our corners are going to get exposed big time by good QBs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Good post. I heard today the starting defense had less than 5 snaps all preseason.  Chemistry and learning a system takes time. That said our corners are going to get exposed big time by good QBs

Breeland and Fuller are solid corners. Ward is clearly lost in a zone heavy scheme and Fenton is our 4th. Pretty inexcusable scenario by a guy I consider to be a very good GM.

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Personally i was more worried about the quality of Tyrann Mathieu’s play than anyone on the d line, as far as debating our key players go

Not sure if it was a good idea to keep so many stars in the background during preseason. Overall they looked like most of them just met the first time prior to the game. 

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not sure if you're saying that's a good debut or a bad one.  Minus the sack, it's pretty much Frank Clark's day only replace forced fumble with interception. 

Frank drew a couple holdings. 

Almost as good a sack. 

How many "off - sides penalties" did Dee get?

Oh, never mind- the Niners were not playing at home for the NFC Championship.....

Clark did fine, as mentioned he was getting holding penalties all day.   Mathieu was ok too....  Ward was a weak link.

w

5 hours ago, West said:

How many "off - sides penalties" did Dee get?

Oh, never mind- the Niners were not playing at home for the NFC Championship.....

Clark did fine, as mentioned he was getting holding penalties all day.   Mathieu was ok too....  Ward was a weak link.

w

Mo clay on the way.

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Houston was one of my favorites but I thought okafor and ogbah played well 

Ogbah had limited contribution but I really liked Okafor. Looked pretty solid and ready to go from day one. However I believe Houston would have a much bigger impact.

Archived