1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

He plays with a chip on his shoulder once he gets the ball in his hands. Seeing him truly 100% is something else. May not cut him after this year after all. Hard decisions ahead

Agree he is playing well but he is gone next year. KC has too much money already invested in others. Hardman is his replacement or someone else at a much lower price. Wont matter what he does.

21 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

He plays with a chip on his shoulder once he gets the ball in his hands. Seeing him truly 100% is something else. May not cut him after this year after all. Hard decisions ahead

He goes out and has a 1300 yard, 15 TD season we won’t have to cut him. We will be able to trade him!

They could afford to keep him, but they would certainly be the Peyton era Colts of all Offense and minimal Defense.

Chris Jones would be gone for sure, but I think you cash in on his high value and not chain down to his injury history.  At the same time, he needs to play a full season to get that max value.

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

absolutely nothing stopping him from restructuring

That's my thought and the thought of many others.  Watkins won't finish out this contract but could be extended for a reasonable amount.  Of course, if he does the 15/1500 thing, he will want to be paid like Julio Jones and the Chiefs won't afford that.  Let's give it a few more games before anointing him out of reach. 

8 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

He goes out and has a 1300 yard, 15 TD season we won’t have to cut him. We will be able to trade him!

We could actually absorb his contract for another year with some roster moves. Mahomes being on his rookie deal make all kinds of weird things possible. I’m pretty sure Sorensen + McCoy makes up a pretty big chunk of his price tag. We could realistically keep this entire group together for another full season. 

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

We could actually absorb his contract for another year with some roster moves. Mahomes being on his rookie deal make all kinds of weird things possible. I’m pretty sure Sorensen + McCoy makes up a pretty big chunk of his price tag. We could realistically keep this entire group together for another full season. 

Makes sense. Why leave any money to invest in defense? 

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

Veach has created the type of flexibility in our CAP that yes they certainly can keep him. Just depends on how we handle trade or free agent market at corner as to whether it’s realistically feasible or even necessary with Hardman.  Veach doesn’t have to worry about that until after the season.  

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Veach has created the type of flexibility in our CAP that yes they certainly can keep him. Just depends on how we handle trade or free agent market at corner as to whether it’s realistically feasible or even necessary with Hardman.  Veach doesn’t have to worry about that until after the season.  

Watkins is a  luxury not supported by unlimited cap space or VEACH CAP flexibilty.  You drafted Hardman at #2 to play. Hardman needs to play a little this year & start next year.

KC needs way more talent on D. Way more actual real talent not a bunch of former HIGH picks hoping to be coached up. TALENT COSTS MONEY & that is cap space.

16 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Watkins is a  luxury not supported by unlimited cap space or VEACH CAP flexibilty.  You drafted Hardman at #2 to play. Hardman needs to play a little this year & start next year.

KC needs way more talent on D. Way more actual real talent not a bunch of former HIGH picks hoping to be coached up. TALENT COSTS MONEY & that is cap space.

I don’t disagree with this at all. Watkins contract itself was designed to allow for restructure, trade or release after the season. Once he signed Tyreek it became likely it’s now trade or cut. With a big season I think it becomes very plausible that becomes a trade.  I think Veach fix’s corner by drafting a guy first and also signing or trading for s proven veteran. Money that’s easily found by moving Watkins contract.