Hey The Chiefs Won Big. Lets chat about the good stuff.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Was their a single pass interference from our defense? Or a holding????

Hard to get one of those when you're three yards away from the receiver.  😊

Just kidding.  Except for Ward and a mix up in coverage the defense looked hopeful.  Not good, just not as bad.  They kept an elite runner from dominating the game and kept most pass plays in front of them.  How did Thronhill play?  I'll take a few rookie mistakes if he gets the experience to become solid while the Chiefs are still racking up wins. 

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Watkins, Mahomes, Kelce, McCoy, Thornhill, Damien Wilson all had good games I thought.  The run defense was solid I thought.  Much improved from last year.  I think when Foles went down, they probably felt Minshew wasn't going to beat them and probably played accordingly.  Not perfect defensively, but it felt like an actual NFL defense was on the field.  Fuller was in really good coverage on Foles long touchdown, it just was a fantastic catch.  I thought he played ok also. 

The game wasn't broadcast at the end due to technical difficulties, but they really seemed to back off a little, especially towards the end. It was really hot out there. Reid seemed to pull back on offense aslo, just running the ball a lot.

Only like 2 penalties on the Chiefs all game which was nice to see.

DL forced 5 Holding penalties and a clipping penalty on the JAX OL  That's huge.  Those are basically like a sack or 10 yard loss for the offense that don't show up in the box score.

McCoy looked better than I thought he would.  

Defensive tackling was much better as well.

Just re-watched the game on game pass. Last 6 minutes not included. I think the defense looked much better. Once KC had a lead they seemed to play soft keeping everything underneath. Way more guys running to the ball. Did not see a lot of blitzing. Jags QB had the Alex Smith going on short stuff. I am now encouraged. First game...much better...forget the stats....thats fantasy crap.

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

Only like 2 penalties on the Chiefs all game which was nice to see.

DL forced 5 Holding penalties and a clipping penalty on the JAX OL  That's huge.  Those are basically like a sack or 10 yard loss for the offense that don't show up in the box score.

McCoy looked better than I thought he would.  

Defensive tackling was much better as well.

Agree 100%. Note: several off setting penalties that did not show up.

Just now, FANATIC said:

Just re-watched the game on game pass. Last 6 minutes not included. I think the defense looked much better. Once KC had a lead they seemed to play soft keeping everything underneath. Way more guys running to the ball. Did not see a lot of blitzing. Jags QB had the Alex Smith going on short stuff. I am now encouraged. First game...much better...forget the stats....thats fantasy crap.

The game was completely un-competitive when KC made it 37-13.  It's hard for me to take anything JAX did after that seriously.  

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

I think it was way before that. 

lol well imo it was over at 30-13 but I was just saying that anything JAX did at 37-13 is completely irrelevant as far as any type of analysis towards the Chiefs defense. 

That's a good defense and a team that was really geared up to beat us. And then we go out and score on our first 7 possessions. I mean this is different level stuff and clearly it really frustrated them. Thinking we may have to scale it all back until Patty gets the ankle healed up though. 

How about Harrison Butker. The guy has now made 23 straight FGs inside 50 yards and his kickoffs routinely are out of the end zone. He's already one of the elite kickers and just turned 23. Great move by Veach picking him off from the Panthers PS. 

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

If you are encouraged then thats saying something.   What I'm encouraged about is the mis communications should get cleaned up as the season goes on, our offense is more explosive than last year, we hung 40 on a very good D, and we get some help in 3 more weeks from Claiborne.  You are right, we should be encouraged.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

That's a good defense and a team that was really geared up to beat us. And then we go out and score on our first 7 possessions. I mean this is different level stuff and clearly it really frustrated them. Thinking we may have to scale it all back until Patty gets the ankle healed up though. 

I think we can still hang 40 plus on the Raiders with a hobbled Mahomes.   

The run defense is definitely better and the plays given up in the secondary were very good execution plays by the Jags. Another thing I noticed is how fast the Jags defense was, but they had to be, because the Chiefs offensive players were very fast also. There were times were they desperately stopped the Chiefs for big plays.

18 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hard to get one of those when you're three yards away from the receiver.  😊

Just kidding.  Except for Ward and a mix up in coverage the defense looked hopeful.  Not good, just not as bad.  They kept an elite runner from dominating the game and kept most pass plays in front of them.  How did Thronhill play?  I'll take a few rookie mistakes if he gets the experience to become solid while the Chiefs are still racking up wins. 

2. Kansas City Chiefs (1-0)

Preseason ranking: 2sw_ye_40.png

Rookie who flashed: Juan Thornhill, S

How the newcomer starred: Thornhill stood out among Chiefs' rookies mainly because he was the only one starting. Thornhill had been a backup throughout the preseason but was promoted on Sunday and led the Chiefs with eight tackles. Thornhill was impressive in training camp because of his range and playmaking ability. Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo said during camp he usually didn't trust rookies enough to start them in the season opener, but Thornhill played well enough to be an exception. -- Adam Teicher

17 hours ago, FANATIC said:

That was a 6th rd backup QB who completed his first 13 passes in a row, went 21 of 25 for 275 yds and 2 TD. His QBR was 79.7 and his Passer rating was 122.5 (10th in the NFL)- avg pass went for 11.0 yds. ( Mahomie avged 11.5)

If that encourages you, that's a low bar you have set for yourself.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

That was a 6th rd backup QB who completed his first 13 passes in a row, went 21 of 25 for 275 yds and 2 TD. His QBR was 79.7 and his Passer rating was 122.5 (10th in the NFL)- avg pass went for 11.0 yds. ( Mahomie avged 11.5)

If that encourages you, that's a low bar you have set for yourself.

Well to be fair 142  yards of passing and 2 tds came after we were up 37 to 13. A lot of his passes were very short and starting off 13 for 14 he did not have much if any yards with no tds to show for it. A lot of his stats came in what many call garbage stats.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well to be fair 142  yards if oassing and 2 tds came after we were up 37 to 13. A lot of his passes were very short and starting off 13 for 14 he did not have much if any yards with no tds to show for it. A lot of his stats came in what many call garbage stats.

Minshew came in the game when it was 17-7....Still playing against the starters....8, 20, 4, 11, 69, 7- his passes in the First half , a 10 pt game. Then 6, 5, 12, 7, 1....then the fumble and KC goes up by 17. He didn't give up.

Archived