It's Raiders week

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

who?

No shit, who the fuck thinks that?  

Besides, it's a piss poor take.  They essentially pointed out the obvious in that if you garbage can search for a QB, you'll essentially end up with garbage.  

We know exactly how that goes, which is why the Broncos search is pretty dang funny.  Their fans were bagging on KC forever over clamoring over trash and now they're all huffy when it's pointed out yhat they're essentially doing the same thing.

John Elway is settling instead of going for the Home Run.  Sure you'll get a Bradley Chubb here and there, but that's how you also get a Case Keenum, a Joe Flacco and a Brock Osweiler.

All that talent and it's not going to mean a thing.  That is the story of the Chiefs from 1990-2017.

Blah blah...... as long suffering Chiefs fans it is wonderful to have a QB that every fan in the league would take over their own current team's QB. People come in here and try to remind us of who we had at QB. We know, we lived it. Who gives a shit about Huard or Grbac or whoever,  when our new  guy goes out and puts up 313 yards, in the 1st half alone, on the road against a team that finished 4th I believe in D last year. Takes our team all the way to the AFC conference with the #31 defense and wins.....oh wait Dee Ford was still learning which side to line up on. Home Sweet Mahomes. 

On 9/9/2019 at 2:53 PM, liquidfriend said:

I anticipate a lot of Shady this week.  They're not going to let the Raiders tee off on Pat.

I agree.  It will be all about protection.  Going to have to run more than usual and make them pay when we do.  Of those,  even snaps between McCoy and Williams.  But about 20% should be D. Thompson  and other things like Hardman sweeps, and throws to running backs. I'm sure Reid has some things he's cooking up.  Oakland will be aggressive with their strong rush, and Reid will no doubt take advantage of that.  A lot of hard counts, force some offsides.  For those who HATE the Raiders based on the past, I will never be able to not hate them.  Reid will help us satisfy our hatred.

But the Raiders are actually pretty good this year. With Hill out, it is going to be a tough game. Mahomes won't be as mobile as usual.  Division games are tough and often upsets because the teams know each other so well.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree.  It will be all about protection.  Going to have to run more than usual and make them pay when we do.  Of those,  even snaps between McCoy and Williams.  But about 20% should be D. Thompson  and other things like Hardman sweeps, and throws to running backs. I'm sure Reid has some things he's cooking up.  Oakland will be aggressive with their strong rush, and Reid will no doubt take advantage of that.  A lot of hard counts, force some offsides.  For those who HATE the Raiders based on the past, I will never be able to not hate them.  Reid will help us satisfy our hatred.

But the Raiders are actually pretty good this year. With Hill out, it is going to be a tough game. Mahomes won't be as mobile as usual.  Division games are tough and often upsets because the teams know each other so well.

Raiders really dont have any great pass rushers. Fucco just stood still.  Held the ball way too long. Guy has lead feet. If they try extra pressure they will get torched. Donks were a joke.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Raiders really dont have any great pass rushers. Fucco just stood still.  Held the ball way too long. Guy has lead feet. If they try extra pressure they will get torched. Donks were a joke.

I realized I made a mistake after reading your post. I was thinking about the Broncos. They suck, but they have some dangerous pass rushers. Except for a few big hookups frrom Carr, we ought to beat the Raiders without much trouble.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, jetlord said:

For you young whippersnappers, it doesn't mean as much.  For us seasoned fans, it doesn't matter how good or bad either team is or what the standings are.  WE HATE THE RAIDERS.

'Nuff said. 

I was there.  Dawson critical 3rd down at end of game.  Runs around right end and gets 3rd down.  Davidson spears him after whistle in the back.  Taylor punches Davidson.  Referees say offsetting,  run the play again.  Fuck.  We had the game winning first down.   Stadium goes bananas.  People jump out of stands to fight police and players. Saw a couple of guys going after the police dogs.Chaos.    Blanda kicks 53 yarder first time in career and we tie.    The emotion was all time high and solidified the hatred between KC and Oakland believe ne,

If the Raiders would catch on fire I wouldn't walk cross the street and try to piss the fire out.    They are the worst.    Believe how far back this rivalry goes.    The Shottenheimer years were only the middle of it.   Oakland and Lamonica deserve everything shoveled their way.

RUCK THE FAIDERS!!!!!!  16-16 tie.

Folks that's when football was football.   Bujmp and run.  Continuous action holding..   When men were men.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports there is a "possibility" Raiders S Johnathan Abram (shoulder) is placed on injured reserve.

Abram is seeking a second opinion before the Raiders make their decision, but Bleacher Report's Adam Lefkoe reports Abram will likely head for surgery after tearing his labrum and rotator cuff. Abram would be eligible to return if he was placed on IR, but these shoulder injuries are measured in months, not weeks. The first-round safety started Week 1, so the Raiders will be using backups in their secondary with Patrick Mahomes rolling into town.

9 hours ago, FANATIC said:

If no one is open, you still expect him to throw the ball?

Geezus you are simple.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports there is a "possibility" Raiders S Johnathan Abram (shoulder) is placed on injured reserve.

Abram is seeking a second opinion before the Raiders make their decision, but Bleacher Report's Adam Lefkoe reports Abram will likely head for surgery after tearing his labrum and rotator cuff. Abram would be eligible to return if he was placed on IR, but these shoulder injuries are measured in months, not weeks. The first-round safety started Week 1, so the Raiders will be using backups in their secondary with Patrick Mahomes rolling into town.

"Likely" ???  After tearing a labrum and rotator cuff?  Unless it was a tiny tear,  he will be ready for 2020.

14 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

No shit, who the fuck thinks that?  

Besides, it's a piss poor take.  They essentially pointed out the obvious in that if you garbage can search for a QB, you'll essentially end up with garbage.  

We know exactly how that goes, which is why the Broncos search is pretty dang funny.  Their fans were bagging on KC forever over clamoring over trash and now they're all huffy when it's pointed out yhat they're essentially doing the same thing.

John Elway is settling instead of going for the Home Run.  Sure you'll get a Bradley Chubb here and there, but that's how you also get a Case Keenum, a Joe Flacco and a Brock Osweiler.

All that talent and it's not going to mean a thing.  That is the story of the Chiefs from 1990-2017.

Great post. It’s how you handle the QB position that matters. We weren’t doing it right for three decades after bombing with Blackledge. And it cost 2-3 Super Bowl caliber teams dearly in January. Insert Elways hodge podge all over the place plan that’s had new QBs there every 2-3 years. If it wasn’t for getting incredibly lucky with Manning, he would and should’ve been fired long ago because of it. Flacco is just more of the same. Lock just kind of fell into their laps with a small trade up similar to Paxton Lynch. Maybe they get lucky, but clearly they were never that impressed with either. Not at all the same as a true big time move and commitment to a young talent. 

On 9/11/2019 at 12:27 AM, wilkie said:

I was there.  Dawson critical 3rd down at end of game.  Runs around right end and gets 3rd down.  Davidson spears him after whistle in the back.  Taylor punches Davidson.  Referees say offsetting,  run the play again.  Fuck.  We had the game winning first down.   Stadium goes bananas.  People jump out of stands to fight police and players. Saw a couple of guys going after the police dogs.Chaos.    Blanda kicks 53 yarder first time in career and we tie.    The emotion was all time high and solidified the hatred between KC and Oakland believe ne,

If the Raiders would catch on fire I wouldn't walk cross the street and try to piss the fire out.    They are the worst.    Believe how far back this rivalry goes.    The Shottenheimer years were only the middle of it.   Oakland and Lamonica deserve everything shoveled their way.

RUCK THE FAIDERS!!!!!!  16-16 tie.

Folks that's when football was football.   Bujmp and run.  Continuous action holding..   When men were men.

One of the reasons I loved Marty so much was because he hated Al Davis and the Raiders. He thought (correctly) that Davis viewed himself as being above the NFL and his brand of football was meant to intimate on and off the field. Marty made it his mission to throw it back on them. Raider week was always big then. Marty's 18-3 record against them backed it up!

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Great post. It’s how you handle the QB position that matters. We weren’t doing it right for three decades after bombing with Blackledge. And it cost 2-3 Super Bowl caliber teams dearly in January. Insert Elways hodge podge all over the place plan that’s had new QBs there every 2-3 years. If it wasn’t for getting incredibly lucky with Manning, he would and should’ve been fired long ago because of it. Flacco is just more of the same. Lock just kind of fell into their laps with a small trade up similar to Paxton Lynch. Maybe they get lucky, but clearly they were never that impressed with either. Not at all the same as a true big time move and commitment to a young talent. 

Karma.

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Not even sure what this means.

But go watch the highlights- his passing has improved. Now you have to guard against that.

I wasn't being facetious. I've always said the guy could throw. He has a good arm, but can he consistently deliver the ball in tight windows and under pressure. 

26 minutes ago, dhitter said:

One of the reasons I loved Marty so much was because he hated Al Davis and the Raiders. He thought (correctly) that Davis was above the NFL and his brand of football was meant to intimate on and off the field. Marty made it his mission to throw it back on them. Raider week was always big then. Marty's 18-3 record against them backed it up!

Marty was a Raider killer for sure.  That's why he will always live in the hearts of Chiefs fans.

Archived