It's Raiders week

On 9/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, Mloe68 said:

Our fan base travels like few others (Packers, Broncos, Eagles and Steelers in the mix) and it's really a national franchise. I was at a game back in the days of great defenses and it was so loud in the stadium with the Chargers backed up near their own end zone that they drew two false start penalties and ultimately we got a safety. The whole time their QB was motioning to try and quite the crowd which worked just the opposite. It doesn't get any better than that. 

Boy, there is nothing KC does that isn't the best in your eyes.

USAToday begs to differ

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/06/24/nfl-fan-rankings-best-cowboys-patriots-rams/1550146001/

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Boy, there is nothing KC does that isn't the best in your eyes.

USAToday begs to differ

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/06/24/nfl-fan-rankings-best-cowboys-patriots-rams/1550146001/

This is laughable. What do they consider social media and what sites are used etc. The parameters are funny here as I can show mfl fams ranked our stadium as the 2nd best for the NFL. Things based off stuff you can actually show in the atmosphere compared to GB gollowing by fans for social media.

I say this because you can an infinite amount of groups out there etc. Anyone that thinks we are 31st ranked fans are delusional. Espn has attendance each season and we are usually around 6th. We could be higher but the fact is our stadium is not as big as those ahead of us. It also shows road games too.

Hard to take this serious when you dont know the actual set factors going into it.

https://www.directvdeals.com/resources/entertainment/nfl-loyal-fans/

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

This is laughable. What do they consider social media and what sites are used etc. The parameters are funny here as I can show mfl fams ranked our stadium as the 2nd best for the NFL. Things based off stuff you can actually show in the atmosphere compared to GB gollowing by fans for social media.

I say this because you can an infinite amount of groups out there etc. Anyone that thinks we are 31st ranked fans are delusional. Espn has attendance each season and we are usually around 6th. We could be higher but the fact is our stadium is not as big as those ahead of us. It also shows road games too.

Hard to take this serious when you dont know the actual set factors going into it.

https://www.directvdeals.com/resources/entertainment/nfl-loyal-fans/

In order to answer this question, we created a loyalty metric through analyzing a variety of indicators of fan loyalty including home game attendance, travel game attendance, merchandise sales and TV ratings while adjusting for metro population. This data was then compared against the team’s records each year to determine how fan enthusiasm varies with team success. So then, which teams actually have some hard evidence to back up their statement that they are the most loyal fans in the NFL? Check out which teams made the Top Ten for the NFL’s Most Loyal Fan Bases:

Kansas City suffers when it comes to TV ratings because of the whole lack of electricity and running water thingy.....

I keed, I keed.....

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.  The Chargers and Raiders can't even generate enough fan support to stay in a major city and were 31 and 32nd in attendance. 

17 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.  The Chargers and Raiders can't even generate enough fan support to stay in a major city and were 31 and 32nd in attendance. 

That was pathetic in reference to the Chargers

The Raiders do have a loyal fan base- their leaving is a result of not building a new stadium vs poor attendance.

Coach Andy Reid told reporters Friday that Chiefs LT Eric Fisher suffered a groin injury during practice Friday.

Fisher is expected to be listed on the teams' official injury report later this afternoon. He allowed just two pressures on 41 snaps in pass protection in Week 1 and finished 2018 as PFF's No. 26 overall offensive tackle among 62 qualified players. Potentially being without your LT is never ideal, but the Chiefs are still set up brilliantly this week against the Raiders' anemic secondary.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

In order to answer this question, we created a loyalty metric through analyzing a variety of indicators of fan loyalty including home game attendance, travel game attendance, merchandise sales and TV ratings while adjusting for metro population. This data was then compared against the team’s records each year to determine how fan enthusiasm varies with team success. So then, which teams actually have some hard evidence to back up their statement that they are the most loyal fans in the NFL? Check out which teams made the Top Ten for the NFL’s Most Loyal Fan Bases:

Kansas City suffers when it comes to TV ratings because of the whole lack of electricity and running water thingy.....

I keed, I keed.....

This is the part about using social media that i have a problem with

My approach to evaluating fan bases uses data on attendance, revenues, social media following and road attendance to develop statistical models of fan interest (more details here). 

In a supplement to this article, we will be publishing a short work on a metric that we call social media equity. Our Social Media Equity measure, while only based on a couple of years of data, is a useful supplement to the Fan Equity measure.

The Social Media analysis allows for fans from outside the market to be counted in a team’s equity score; the social media equity measure is not constrained by capacity limitations, and team pricing strategies less influence the measure. On the downside, the social media metric is based on social media activities that do not require consumer expenditures. Key Principles

• The revenue premium model of Fan Equity is based on market outcome and statistical analysis. It is explicitly designed to capture fans’ willingness to spend. Compared to other brand equity measurement models, these characteristics result in a much more objective and defensible measurement strategy.

• The revenue premium model of Fan Equity does include strong assumptions related to ownership objectives, and the use of box office revenue can be problematic when capacity constraints are common.

Other measures of fan demand such as television ratings, social media followings or merchandise sales can also be used to estimate “premium” models of Fan Equity.

The above came from your link Hands.

Estimates, strong assumptions all keywords in your scientific link you used before.  I mean it goes based off stadium capacity when you can only have so many attend to the price being charged etc.

Chiefs were ranked 6th in home attendance last year behind 5 stadiums that had much more stadium capacity. This is why, to me, being ranked 31st is laughable.

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Eric Fisher left practice today with a groin injury and couldn't return. This one could really sting if he can't go or is hobbled. We are kind of the walking wounded right now going into survival mode. Is Erving his primary backup?

Yes. Erving is the swing tackle last i knew. 

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

The above came from your link Hands.

Estimates, strong assumptions all keywords in your scientific link you used before.  I mean it goes based off stadium capacity when you can only have so many attend to the price being charged etc.

Chiefs were ranked 6th in home attendance last year behind 5 stadiums that had much more stadium capacity. This is why, to me, being ranked 31st is laughable.

Oh, don't get me wrong. This article is really just an exercise in futility. The Chiefs have the loudest stadium in the NFL, Seattle a close 2nd. The fans of KC are loyal, except Fanatic declared them dead in 2015, but the point that I refuted was the point that Mloe made about the Chiefs fans traveling in numbers that rival the Steelers, Packers, etc....maybe they are starting to get that because of the Mahomie effect and some are bandwagon but 5 years ago no one would have thought of the Chiefs as one of the biggest traveling fan bases in the NFL.

The fact that they tarp over seats in Jax and Washington really shows you how fickle a fanbase can be.

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. This article is really just an exercise in futility. The Chiefs have the loudest stadium in the NFL, Seattle a close 2nd. The fans of KC are loyal, except Fanatic declared them dead in 2015, but the point that I refuted was the point that Mloe made about the Chiefs fans traveling in numbers that rival the Steelers, Packers, etc....maybe they are starting to get that because of the Mahomie effect and some are bandwagon but 5 years ago no one would have thought of the Chiefs as one of the biggest traveling fan bases in the NFL.

The fact that they tarp over seats in Jax and Washington really shows you how fickle a fanbase can be.

I've taken louder shits than Seattle's stadium. 

12 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Well we were ranked 27th last year in away games attendance. Of course they have no control of other fans attending the stadium etc but i see your point too. They also dont have control over size if the stadiums, prices etc

I got the above from espn attendance link you can use for home and away attendance.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2018/sort/awayTotal

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well we were ranked 27th last year in away games attendance. Of course they have no control of other fans attending the stadium etc but i see your point too. They also dont have control over size if the stadiums, prices etc

I got the above from espn attendance link you can use for home and away attendance.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2018/sort/awayTotal

I am really wondering how they determine these numbers. Out of the 76,000 in Arrowhead, how many are the opponents fans? 5,000? 3,000?

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

I am really wondering how they determine these numbers. Out of the 76,000 in Arrowhead, how many are the opponents fans? 5,000? 3,000?

I would guess around 10 percent.  Probably more for Broncos and Raiders games.  Less for Chargers.  But I'd think 10 percent would be close on average. 

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

They might see average attendance for games and when a big team comes to play see how much more they sell seats? No one is going to go see cincy play but when the chiefs are in town said attendance was maxed out, a 25% increase as an example?

Again, that would be the Mahomie Factor....no way the Alex Smith led Chiefs are filling an away stadium by 25%.

Archived