Pringle released, DAT activated

They’d like Pringle on PS if he clears waivers. But looks like they want more speed to help offset loss of Tyreek. 

Smith remains on active roster for now although I’ll bet Claiborne could be his exit.  Again they did clear more CAP space on Saturday so maybe Veach is working on something else too.  

4 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Wow that's quite a bit of cap space. Must be a splash signing or two coming up. Couple players with high base salaries perhaps 🤔 or one player + Jones extension.

Could be Jones extension and then Veach trying to keep that 10-12 million for trade deadline.  Hard to say. Tyreeks deal increased our 2019 CAP by only 2 million.  

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Could be Jones extension and then Veach trying to keep that 10-12 million for trade deadline.  Hard to say. Tyreeks deal increased our 2019 CAP by only 2 million.  

Could be just the extension but that would be a huge bonus. We already had just over 10 million (according to overthecap) for 2019 which should be enough for a traditional extension but the goal might just be frontloading the deal for future flexibility. In a traditional sense it looks like a high base salary trade though, which would be sweet if it's happening in the very short term. 

37 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

They’d like Pringle on PS if he clears waivers. But looks like they want more speed to help offset loss of Tyreek. 

Smith remains on active roster for now although I’ll bet Claiborne could be his exit.  Again they did clear more CAP space on Saturday so maybe Veach is working on something else too.  

3 more weeks. Other injuries likely. I think DAT stays all season.

Can’t imagine Veach doing that for nothing.  Hate extending Hitchens though, the guy has been a dumpster fire since arriving and sucked again on sunday.     Veach has been good but I wonder if Veach really wanted the guy or Sutton.  Turning into his Bowe contract

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Can’t imagine Veach doing that for nothing.  Hate extending Hitchens though, the guy has been a dumpster fire since arriving and sucked again on sunday.     Veach has been good but I wonder if Veach really wanted the guy or Sutton.  Turning into his Bowe contract

They didn't extend them apparently.  They converted salary to signing bonus?

16 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

How does turning money into bonus reduce the cap hit? Does it get payed out longer? Does it create dead money like Berry 8 million this year? 

No dead money. But you take whatever you want to reduce current number by and then pay as restructure bonus which is prorated over remaining years left in the deal.  They created 10 million this year and upped the cap hits 3 something the next two years.  I haven’t seen specific numbers, so these are a little bit of a guess.  .  

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

No dead money. But you take whatever you want to reduce current number by and then pay as restructure bonus which is prorated over remaining years left in the deal.  They created 10 million this year and upped the cap hits 3 something the next two years.  I haven’t seen specific numbers, so these are a little bit of a guess.  .  

Ok I dont understand this. So does it increase the cap hit next year? 

9 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Ok I dont understand this. So does it increase the cap hit next year? 

Again without specifics it looks like Fishers CAP number was reduced by 6 million this year. And his CAP number increases by 3 million in 2020 and 2021. 

11 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Basically they just made Hitchens and Fisher untouchable for 2020.  Take that however you'd like.

If they watch the All 22 on Chris Jones from Sunday, they might want to wait on that extension.

I'm feeling they are working on a trade.  Ward was incredibly bad on the tape.

Ward really struggled. 

Archived