Pringle released, DAT activated

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Ward really struggled. 

Let's let this play out a bit here.  This was what, his 5th game as a pro?  In a brand new system?  Hard to project what he's going to be yet...

With all these big contracts (and the biggest ever about to come up), the club needs some of these bargain players to step up!

32 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

Let's let this play out a bit here.  This was what, his 5th game as a pro?  In a brand new system?  Hard to project what he's going to be yet...

With all these big contracts (and the biggest ever about to come up), the club needs some of these bargain players to step up!

He has had all offseason to learn and he’s not the only new guy in the secondary.  Actually only Fuller was a starter from last year and yet he looked lost and really really bad.  He’s got the tools no doubt but you can’t handcuff a SB caliber team because you don’t know where to be in a zone scheme.   Hope he gets it figured out.

4 hours ago, Marleydawg said:

I’m not condemning him to any fate, simply pointing out he was pretty bad on Sunday. He seems to be really struggling picking up zone concepts. Seems like a very hard working kid who’s clearly got some talent though.  Right now that’s not helping.  

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Wasn’t at all happy about the DAT signing in preseason but I’m sure glad he’s here now.  Having another quick wr who knows the plays can only help get us through until Hill returns.

Don't know if he'll have much value as a receiver. Watkins, Robinson, Hardman are all ahead of him on the depth chart and the best DAT can hope for is being #6 or #7 in targets which doesn't really mean much. He has always been a better ST guy than a receiver though so could do some damage there. 

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

Don't know if he'll have much value as a receiver. Watkins, Robinson, Hardman are all ahead of him on the depth chart and the best DAT can hope for is being #6 or #7 in targets which doesn't really mean much. He has always been a better ST guy than a receiver though so could do some damage there. 

I agree. I just meant it's nice having a guy who knows the plays on O so if he doesn't have to step in he's a known commodity and like you said he is a good ST player. 

Thing about Ragland is he is cheap so yes good depth and possible part of a trade package. Bad thing is he doesn’t play ST. 

I doubt he gets cut, but I don’t know if he dresses. 

Ward is what he is. Competitive and fast on the long ball, robotic and sluggish on change of direction. I don’t see that changing. Just his skill set. Complete opposite of Fuller. I don’t think experience will change that but who knows. 

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

Thing about Ragland is he is cheap so yes good depth and possible part of a trade package. Bad thing is he doesn’t play ST. 

I doubt he gets cut, but I don’t know if he dresses. 

Ward is what he is. Competitive and fast on the long ball, robotic and sluggish on change of direction. I don’t see that changing. Just his skill set. Complete opposite of Fuller. I don’t think experience will change that but who knows. 

Ragland has no trade value. Ward simply stinks. Had his moment. Time to move on from him.

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Ragland has no trade value. Ward simply stinks. Had his moment. Time to move on from him.

But move on to who? They both have value. It’s easy to say fire everybody, but who do you replace them with? I think that is the problem. People are not lined up to offer starting caliber players for nothing.

9 minutes ago, DieHard said:

But move on to who? They both have value. It’s easy to say fire everybody, but who do you replace them with? I think that is the problem. People are not lined up to offer starting caliber players for nothing.

Agree. Just no trade value.  Move on means as soon as possible. May be next season. 

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree. I just meant it's nice having a guy who knows the plays on O so if he doesn't have to step in he's a known commodity and like you said he is a good ST player. 

It will help some but moreso that he's been in the scheme and knows the terminology already.  Andy drew up over 300 new plays in the offseason.  He basically turned over the entire offensive playbook.

Archived