Rolling Defense (Week 9 updated)

2018:

31st in Yards Allowed(27th rushing, 31st passing)

24th in Points Allowed

Week 1:

22nd in Yards Allowed (10th rushing, 24th passing)

16th in Points Allowed

Week 9:

22nd in Yards Allowed ( 29th Rushing, 11th Passing)

18th in Points Allowed

36 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Maybe they should play a real offense?

They were ranked 27th at the end of 2018.

This is true.  That game got out of hand pretty quickly.  We'll see how they do moving forward.  It wasn't bad for the first game, not great but they had their moments.  The improvement in the rush D seems to be a real thing, but I want to see them do it against a good offense.  The pass D remains a work in progress.  Pass rush I don't know what to make of, the Jags were in max protect much of the game.

49 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Maybe they should play a real offense?

They were ranked 27th at the end of 2018.

Maybe the same should be said about the Raven’s offense. Let’s see them play a legitimate defense before we anoint them as an offensive juggernaut.

13 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

Maybe the same should be said about the Raven’s offense. Let’s see them play a legitimate defense before we anoint them as an offensive juggernaut.

Maybe you should read the post's of your fellow members saying the exact same things every time I mention LJ.

Anyway, I never anointed the 2019 Ravens as the 27 Yankees.

1 minute ago, the Warparty said:

the Jags DID UPGRADE this year with as SB MVP qb, and Fournet was back.

We shall see in wk 3

Who went 5/8 for 75 yds and aTD

6th rd draft pick went 22/25 275 2TD 1INT for a rating of 122.5

I'd say thats on the defense unless Gardner Mustachio is the next coming of Tom Brady....

Let's put it this way, if we can continue the formula of get the ball first, score, get a 3 &out, which we seemed to do a lot of last year, it really changes other teams game plans when they look up midway through the first quarter and already down by 2 scores!  I like that plan.  And it will obviously skew a lot of numbers as teams become more desperate to try to keep pace.

Just now, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Let's put it this way, if we can continue the formula of get the ball first, score, get a 3 &out, which we seemed to do a lot of last year, it really changes other teams game plans when they look up midway through the first quarter and already down by 2 scores!  I like that plan.  And it will obviously skew a lot of numbers as teams become more desperate to try to keep pace.

I thought we deferred and played defense like 15 times in a row last year. 

49 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Who went 5/8 for 75 yds and aTD

6th rd draft pick went 22/25 275 2TD 1INT for a rating of 122.5

I'd say thats on the defense unless Gardner Mustachio is the next coming of Tom Brady....

Again down 37 to 13 at one point and he threw 142 yards and 2 tds in more or less called garbage time. 

The 1st downs and TOP is what encourages me. In a lot of games last season the Chiefs allowed a lot of 1st downs, and were on the wrong side of time of possession, even in games they won. In this game they allowed only 18 first downs and possessed the ball for more time. 

When they played the Jags last year, they still won the TOP battle but gave up 29 first downs and over 500 yards of offense. 

I think the Chiefs defense will still give up big plays, and it will always be a point of contention between Chiefs fans, fans of other teams, Skip Bayless, Chris Carter etc....Until they win it all.

If they minimize first downs and get the opposing teams off the field,  which I believe they can do;  the Chiefs will benefit from it. 

The defense was pretty bad against the pass. I think we expected a defense that is still learning and will have up and down performances the first half of the season. 

Our personnel would suggest the finished product will be very good against the run and weak against the pass.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Again down 37 to 13 at one point and he threw 142 yards and 2 tds in more or less called garbage time. 

You pull your starters?

Was Tyrann out?

They played the same defense - it was 10-7 when Foles went down. 5:35 left in the 1st  QTR.

Never heard of a 3 pt game with 5 minutes left in the 1ST HALF called "garbage time" so, no, that argument doesn't fly.

Edited by Handswarmer
Clarity

22 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Yep. Constant Mental Masturbation on this site  by Hands N Pants . Sad. I actually feel bad for the guy. 

I actually feel sad for this guy....f*****g bandwagonner

"So after 50 years as a Chief fan its time to say goodbye. I live in SoCal and i'm going to root for the CHargers. My insanity must stop. Chiefs take the fun out of NFL Football for me. At least I can join some friends and root for the local team. In La or SD does not matter. Hey maybe San Diego will end up in the NFC? Good luck Chief Fans."

-fanatic

October 4, 2015

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

You pull your starters?

Was Tyrann out?

They played the same defense - it was 10-7 when Foles went down. 5:35 left in the 2nd  QTR.

Never heard of a 3 pt game with 5 minutes left in the 1ST HALF called "garbage time" so, no, that argument doesn't fly.

I'm sure you have been around enough football to understand that it's possible to leave starters in and still play a different brand of football trading yards for time off the clock. 

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

You pull your starters?

Was Tyrann out?

They played the same defense - it was 10-7 when Foles went down. 5:35 left in the 2nd  QTR.

LOL, notice how the defense played back after going up 37 to 13. You posted about the rookies stats and I am just saying a good bulk of them came after the fact we were up that score.  I just went off the play by play and added up the passing stats, I did not include running etc.  Again, we were up 10-7 but did their defense stop us anytime after that? Did that efficient passing by the rookie keep them from going 3 and out? Their running game was still being stopped etc. This is why we went up by so much and my point made after doing so. If we had not let them score everyone would be screaming it was against a rookie, so you should....... he gets garbage stats and now everyone is screaming how horrible our defense was. Cant have it both ways.

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm sure you have been around enough football to understand that it's possible to leave starters in and still play a different brand of football trading yards for time off the clock. 

I am sure you have been around long enough to realize that you do not change the defense with 5 min left in the 1st quarter and its a 3 pt game.

Gardner completed his first 16 passes in a row. a Sixth round pick.

2nd quarter was a 10 point game

Wasn't til 2:25 in the 3rd QTR that the Chiefs pulled away. 30-13