Rolling Defense (Week 9 updated)

8 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Hands is vital to the board. It is his duty to come in here and point out the negatives of our team. We'd be lost without him. Hey Hands, which ravens board to you belong to? Some of us would like to join you. 

www.tiltmittens.com

8 hours ago, moons314 said:

I really don't give a damn where the defense ranks in yardage allowed.  Not one bit.  Yardage is meaningless.  Points are all that matter, and our offense is going to score a lot of points, so the defense is going to be exposed a lot due to other teams being forced to be aggressive in an attempt to keep up.  Situational stops are going to be the biggest factor in the season.  If the defense can settle in to giving up 22-23 ppg average by December (in 2018, allowing 22 ppg would've been 14th in the league) I'll feel good about our Super Bowl chances.  

Agree. I don’t mind giving up more big plays if it means being better vs run and not letting good teams control the pace of the game. More possessions for our offense is important if it does with more and quicker stops too. . 

The DVOA numbers are far more important because it measures more situational defense. Gotta be an absolute minimum of 25th there to win the Super Bowl over the last two decades.  We finished 26th there last year and missed Super Bowl by one play.  However even that’s an outlier. Four teams won Super Bowls with mediocre defenses averaging about 17th overall. That’s where we need to be. 

12 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Hands (Tiltmittens) is vital to the board. It is his duty to come in here and point out the negatives of our team. We'd be lost without him. Hey Hands, which ravens board to you belong to? Some of us would like to join you. 

None- they are (mostly) a bunch of homers like on here. No real discussion- either yuou like everything about the team or you are not a 'true' fan. Ray Lewis is the greatest human being in the world, Jamal Lewis belongs in the HoF, etc.

Just like on here, some people think AR is the greatest coach ever, Veach is a savvy MFer, Mahomes is the best QB Evuh, Hill is a humanitarian, KC BBQ is the best BBQ no discussion needed.....

43 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

None- they are (mostly) a bunch of homers like on here. No real discussion- either yuou like everything about the team or you are not a 'true' fan. Ray Lewis is the greatest human being in the world, Jamal Lewis belongs in the HoF, etc.

Just like on here, some people think AR is the greatest coach ever, Veach is a savvy MFer, Mahomes is the best QB Evuh, Hill is a humanitarian, KC BBQ is the best BBQ no discussion needed.....

Both are true

52 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Not surprised. Hands N Pants mental masturbation not even appreciated on Raven Boards. Likely banned. 

50 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Anyone that argues KC isn’t the BBQ capital of the planet should be sent back to the planet they came from. - Donald Trump

53 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Not surprised. Hands N Pants mental masturbation not even appreciated on Raven Boards. Likely banned. 

"So after 50 years as a Chief fan its time to say goodbye. I live in SoCal and i'm going to root for the CHargers. My insanity must stop. Chiefs take the fun out of NFL Football for me. At least I can join some friends and root for the local team. In La or SD does not matter. Hey maybe San Diego will end up in the NFC? Good luck Chief Fans."

-fanatic

October 4, 2015

46 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

There are other types to be appreciated. All are good.

All joking aside you can certainly make a case for your favorite BBQ restaurant being in any number of places in the country. It’s subjective. But as a whole nobody even approaches the diversity and sheer number of BBQ restaurants as KC. Many spawned at the World Series of BBQ held here for forty years and coincidentally starting tonight. 

What’s this have to do with rolling defense. Not sure  

59 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

"So after 50 years as a Chief fan its time to say goodbye. I live in SoCal and i'm going to root for the CHargers. My insanity must stop. Chiefs take the fun out of NFL Football for me. At least I can join some friends and root for the local team. In La or SD does not matter. Hey maybe San Diego will end up in the NFC? Good luck Chief Fans."

-fanatic

October 4, 2015

Mental Masturbation Continues. Hands N Pants Sad Life.

I have two rules.   Well three if you call one way, exit only, for my butt as being a rule.  It's more of a policy as I occasionally have to get a colonoscopy or prostrate check.  I don't really count those since they are medical. 

Rule 1.  Kansas City BBQ is the best.  And Memphis and St. Louis can suck it.  And if I have to get the Staff of High Plains Justice out and beat some ass, I will. 

Rule 2.  Lamar Jackson sucks. 

That's it.  It's a very simple life here on the prairie. 

Wow. Just debate. Nothing more needs to be said because he is a fan of another team. Show him facts, counterpoints etc. I like not having rose colored glasses all the time and enjoy an outside view. If you cant get along, block him. That is what it is there for.

No need for any name calling or childish antics on post. Again my personal opinion because it is just a message board.

I like facts, links, articles etc to keep up with the team and what is being said instead if going through waves of post just to get back on topic.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Wow. Just debate. Nothing more needs to be said because he is a fan of another team. Show him facts, counterpoints etc. I like not having rose colored glasses all the time and enjoy an outside view. If you cant get along, block him. That is what it is there for.

No need for any name calling or childish antics on post. Again my personal opinion because it is just a message board.

I like facts, links, articles etc to keep up with the team and what is being said instead if going through waves of post just to get back on topic.

I used to think that way about tiltmittens.  Actually used to like the guy, but he burnt that bridge with me.  Went into full troll mode on Tyreek(which it appears the points I were making turned out to be pretty close to the truth).  After that, he went on ignore for me.  No time for someone that can not see another side of an argument.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Agree. The facts back up this coach, team and QB all being really good. Greatness is earned through hoisting the Lombardi.