Rolling Defense (Week 9 updated)

8 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I used to think that way about tiltmittens.  Actually used to like the guy, but he burnt that bridge with me.  Went into full troll mode on Tyreek(which it appears the points I were making turned out to be pretty close to the truth).  After that, he went on ignore for me.  No time for someone that can not see another side of an argument.

Ha ha- commenting on the facts that were available at the time was trolling....um, ok.

You went on supposition and based upon the charges being dropped, you felt vindication.....um, ok.

You even went on to say that physical discipline of a THREE YEAR OLD child was a-ok.....thats just sad.

And the sad thing is- we still do not know what exactly happened except that a three year old child had is arm broken- on purpose or by accident, we do not know and then Hill admitted to punching his kid.

16 hours ago, moons314 said:

I really don't give a damn where the defense ranks in yardage allowed.  Not one bit.  Yardage is meaningless.  Points are all that matter, and our offense is going to score a lot of points, so the defense is going to be exposed a lot due to other teams being forced to be aggressive in an attempt to keep up.  Situational stops are going to be the biggest factor in the season.  If the defense can settle in to giving up 22-23 ppg average by December (in 2018, allowing 22 ppg would've been 14th in the league) I'll feel good about our Super Bowl chances.  

100% agree Moon and that is why I added Points allowed and not just yards.  ALL the big wigs and websites only go by Yards allowed, thus how KC was pinned with the 31st worst D last year.

I actually LOVE 3rd stops and Turnovers:

2018:

3rd down stop % rank was 25th

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Wow. Just debate. Nothing more needs to be said because he is a fan of another team. Show him facts, counterpoints etc. I like not having rose colored glasses all the time and enjoy an outside view. If you cant get along, block him. That is what it is there for.

No need for any name calling or childish antics on post. Again my personal opinion because it is just a message board.

I like facts, links, articles etc to keep up with the team and what is being said instead if going through waves of post just to get back on topic.

Unfortunately facts don't matter for some

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Ha ha- commenting on the facts that were available at the time was trolling....um, ok.

You went on supposition and based upon the charges being dropped, you felt vindication.....um, ok.

You even went on to say that physical discipline of a THREE YEAR OLD child was a-ok.....thats just sad.

And the sad thing is- we still do not know what exactly happened except that a three year old child had is arm broken- on purpose or by accident, we do not know and then Hill admitted to punching his kid.

Inspired.....!

So grateful! 

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Correct, them 2012 Ravens were all awesome- Coach, HoF GM, and SB MVP QB.

Thanks for remembering.

Mediocre QB that drug the organization to wallow in mediocrity since then should be what he’s remembered for. At least if you aren’t a homer.  Isn’t this the Chiefs board and you complain about people bringing up the Ravens?  😂 

Ha ha- commenting on the facts that were available at the time was trolling....um, ok.  Yes

You went on supposition and based upon the charges being dropped, you felt vindication.....um, ok.  Read the details, they pretty much have proof he didn't do any of it

You even went on to say that physical discipline of a THREE YEAR OLD child was a-ok.....thats just sad.  Have I spanked my children?  YUP, now to clarify, I have given my kids quick swats on the butt to get there attention, not put them over my knee and repeatedly SPANKED them,  you raise your children your way, I'll raise mine my way.  NEVER, and I mean NEVER would i say it's ok to abuse a child.  And I challenge you to find something where I stated it was.  Apparently you are perfect and have perfect children that never lose or lost control.  If I could just live in your world.

And the sad thing is- we still do not know what exactly happened except that a three year old child had is arm broken- on purpose or by accident, we do not know and then Hill admitted to punching his kid. Do you read.  He admitted to play punching with his kid, you never play boxed with your children?   That is the punching they were talking about.  You must be a liberal because you must only be reading the side of the story that fits your narrative.  

Now before you go saying, "I thought you had me on ignore", I do, you were quoted and I felt I needed to say something about the idiocy you are spewing.

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Mediocre QB that drug the organization to wallow in mediocrity since then should be what he’s remembered for. At least if you aren’t a homer.  Isn’t this the Chiefs board and you complain about people bringing up the Ravens?  😂 

Your sarcasm reader is busted.

19 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Your sarcasm reader is busted.

I'll add to that. I really like and respect your GM. But the ridiculous contract he gave to said mediocre QB was also a big part in the Ravens decline. Had he traded or moved on from Flacco after he played way over his head in that short run (think Nick Foles), he would have been an absolute genius. But he had to learn the hard way. I credit him from learning from that awful mistake and moving Flacco to Denver where Elway has now assumed the role of bungling GM. But it wasn't hard considering the Ravens werent winning and had 1 playoff trip in 5 or 6 seasons. That's why I credit Brett Veach a ton. His first big move as GM he moves a proven winning QB from a two time division champ and rolls with the 22 year old rookie. Cajones brother! 

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I'll add to that. I really like and respect your GM. But the ridiculous contract he gave to said mediocre QB was also a big part in the Ravens decline. Had he traded or moved on from Flacco after he played way over his head in that short run (think Nick Foles), he would have been an absolute genius. But he had to learn the hard way. I credit him from learning from that awful mistake and moving Flacco to Denver where Elway has now assumed the role of bungling GM. 

1st of all, Flacco turned down an extension when the two sides were $1 million away- the difference meant paying him 20 mil per year vs 15mil per year. So he bet on himself and won.

So, at the end of the Super Bowl season, do you refuse to sign the SB MVP to a new deal? How many other teams would have jumped at the chance to sign Flacco? Jets had Butt fumble, Tenn had Jake Locker, Minn had Ponder, Jax had Chad Henne/Blaine Gabbert, KC had Matt Cassel, AZ had Kolb....all of these would have jumped at a chance to sign Flacco, and the 2013 draft was devoid of QB's (EJ Manuel and Geno Smith?) so Ozzie had to do it.

Now it was Eric Decosta's decision to trade Joe after the way the season went last year.

Joe might be mediocre to alot of people, I know compared to Mahomes he sure is, but he was a tough bastard who won us a SB, never complained and handled the situation with class.

27 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

So, at the end of the Super Bowl season, do you refuse to sign the SB MVP to a new deal? How many other teams would have jumped at the chance to sign Flacco? J

The answer is 100 percent hell yes you move on from Flacco!  Think the Cowboys should have paid top dollar for a mediocre corner named Larry Brown because he was Super Bowl MVP. HELL NO! Flacco deal was worse because he got elite money. Were there teams out there willing to sign Flacco. Heck yes. Stupid franchises like the Raiders who signed Larry Brown. I'm not sure what the CBA rules were at that time but today, you tag and trade the guy. Pick up draft picks, save CAP money and draft another QB. Preferably a year or two before this comes up. Heck if your team goes downhill fast because of it, so what. You get early draft picks to build your core around cheap contracts.

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

None- they are (mostly) a bunch of homers like on here. No real discussion- either yuou like everything about the team or you are not a 'true' fan. Ray Lewis is the greatest human being in the world, Jamal Lewis belongs in the HoF, etc.

Just like on here, some people think AR is the greatest coach ever, Veach is a savvy MFer, Mahomes is the best QB Evuh, Hill is a humanitarian, KC BBQ is the best BBQ no discussion needed.....

You don't post on a Ravens board but spend hours here? You don't go to Ravens boards because they are homers. But loiter here while calling us homers?

35 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The answer is 100 percent hell yes you move on from Flacco!  Think the Cowboys should have paid top dollar for a mediocre corner named Larry Brown because he was Super Bowl MVP. HELL NO! Flacco deal was worse because he got elite money. Were there teams out there willing to sign Flacco. Heck yes. Stupid franchises like the Raiders who signed Larry Brown. I'm not sure what the CBA rules were at that time but today, you tag and trade the guy. Pick up draft picks, save CAP money and draft another QB. Preferably a year or two before this comes up. Heck if your team goes downhill fast because of it, so what. You get early draft picks to build your core around cheap contracts.

Neil O'Donnell made Larry Brown- he thought he was on his team as much as he threw at him.

Nothing in the 2011 draft available- Ravens picked 26th- effect of making the playoffs

Nothing in the 2012 draft available- Ravens pick 29th- they just lost the AFCCG in Foxborough by a missed FG after the DEFENSE blew 2 14 point leads.

Again nothing wowed anyone.

11 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

You don't post on a Ravens board but spend hours here? You don't go to Ravens boards because they are homers. But loiter here while calling us homers?

Not all here are homers.

KC is my second favorite team but I won't jump a bandwagon because of the potential of winning a SB.

Hours? I log in and out as work allows.

What do you care? Been here 16 years, not going anywhere so get used to it.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

You leave handswarmer alone.  Here is a beacon of light for us.  He is making us better. Without him we turn into a bad raven's board.  He won't allow that.  And now I won't either. 

Thank you for all you do handswarmer

48 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Not all here are homers.

KC is my second favorite team but I won't jump a bandwagon because of the potential of winning a SB.

Hours? I log in and out as work allows.

What do you care? Been here 16 years, not going anywhere so get used to it.

I didn't say you should go anywhere, just commented on your post. 

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Neil O'Donnell made Larry Brown- he thought he was on his team as much as he threw at him.

Nothing in the 2011 draft available- Ravens picked 26th- effect of making the playoffs

Nothing in the 2012 draft available- Ravens pick 29th- they just lost the AFCCG in Foxborough by a missed FG after the DEFENSE blew 2 14 point leads.

Hell you won with Dilfer as a qb....just saying

Nothing available? You could have had Andy Dalton in 2011 who’s absolutely in the same league with Flacco and saved 15 million per year. Slam dunk.  It was a horrendous decision by Newsome  and it cost the Ravens the next 6 seasons.