Rolling Defense (Week 9 updated)

33 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Harris is probably the only one we would be after. We are set at DE so no Wolfe needed. The only other one we could go after is Von Miller, who I doubt they would want to get rid of to a divisional rival. Would be a hell of a deal to get a LB and CB for our defense though!

At 6'5" 290 in our defense Wolfe would be a DT and would play next to Jones.  

I would love that

11 minutes ago, Palangi said:

At 6'5" 290 in our defense Wolfe would be a DT and would play next to Jones.  

I would love that

True, i saw him listed at 285 as Tpass is 289 and the other DEs are in the 260-270 range. Still light next to Jones is Nnadi who is 312 pounds. I thought you wanted a heavier type player in the middle too? If he came to us and it worked, great.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

True, i saw him listed at 285 as Tpass is 289 and the other DEs are in the 260-270 range. Still light next to Jones is Nnadi who is 312 pounds. I thought you wanted a heavier type player in the middle too? If he came to us and it worked, great.

Wolfe is a tough kid. Plays the run well.  I wouldn't go off listed weights to much.  

I like the length and amount of ground to be covered by Wolfe and Jones inside.  

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

Looking at Hitchens tape in 2017: Man, this guy was more lean and much quicker. He's far overweight now and lost a few steps.

Same thing with Clark last year. Breeland Speaks came in weigh overweight. You gotta wonder who KC's nutritionist is: BBQ diet. 

Lol..Watch that video very closely.....Htichens does not have olinemen climbing up on him at the snap the ball. He is actually hitting the LOS without being touched..Most NFL LB's can be successful when they stay clean. Our DL DOES not allow our LB's to stay clean, especially when they're getting pushed back into the middle of the field. I think Hitchens Sucks, but it's really not his fault that he looks soooo bad. There's not much a LB can do when he has DT shoved into his face before he can even diagnose the play..

4 hours ago, Balto said:

Week 4:

30th in Yards Allowed (31st rushing, 20th passing)

19th in Points Allowed

Week 5:

25th in Yards Allowed (30th rushing, 13th passing)

14th in Points Allowed

Did not think we would improve lol

Looking at stats instead of what your eyeballs see on the field is how you end up overpaying for marginal talent.  Do you honestly feel that we showed improvement on Sunday? 

Sorry been super busy but still better than last year.....But damn our Run stopping sucks

Week 6:

27th in Yards Allowed (30th rushing, 19th passing)

21st in Points Allowed

VS

2018:

31st in Yards Allowed(27th rushing, 31st passing)

24th in Points Allowed

I assume Ragland will get more playing time this week. He deserves it. Ragland can stuff the run, yet he gets caught up in the pass game. Let's see if Hitman can bring the same demeanor and intensity as well. It's all about consistency at this point. Hopefully CJ #95 will be back. 

Fenton needs to ball out like last week. 

59 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

I assume Ragland will get more playing time this week. He deserves it. Ragland can stuff the run, yet he gets caught up in the pass game. Let's see if Hitman can bring the same demeanor and intensity as well. It's all about consistency at this point. Hopefully CJ #95 will be back. 

Felton needs to ball out like last week. 

Corrected your name spelling, lol, but I agree. Good old Aikman...

2018:

24th in Points Allowed

Week 1:

22nd in Yards Allowed (10th rushing, 24th passing)

16th in Points Allowed

Week 9:

22nd in Yards Allowed ( 29th Rushing, 11th Passing)

18th in Points Allowed

So yes we are playing much better these past few weeks but over all still room for improvement......based on comparison to all 31 teams

On 10/8/2019 at 12:28 PM, artsy said:

Lol..Watch that video very closely.....Htichens does not have olinemen climbing up on him at the snap the ball. He is actually hitting the LOS without being touched..Most NFL LB's can be successful when they stay clean. Our DL DOES not allow our LB's to stay clean, especially when they're getting pushed back into the middle of the field. I think Hitchens Sucks, but it's really not his fault that he looks soooo bad. There's not much a LB can do when he has DT shoved into his face before he can even diagnose the play..

Funny you mention this , Artsy you're definitely right. Chiefs D-Line has made major strides which makes the LBs look better in turn. 

54 minutes ago, Balto said:

2018:

24th in Points Allowed

Week 1:

22nd in Yards Allowed (10th rushing, 24th passing)

16th in Points Allowed

Week 9:

22nd in Yards Allowed ( 29th Rushing, 11th Passing)

18th in Points Allowed

So yes we are playing much better these past few weeks but over all still room for improvement......based on comparison to all 31 teams

I think the stats are getting better and the defense looks a lot better on the field too.  I think many felt(feel) if the defense can be average this team has a legitimate shot to win the Superbowl.  I think we are there now and improving.