Fitzpatrick Allowed to Seek Trade

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

Chiefs should ride out their current CB situation. If they make a move, it should be after they get a chance to evaluate Clairborn and give a chance for the Defense to settle in. 

It was the Raiders. Great win against a not great team. KC needs more defense. Fuller is nothing special. I would add as many decent DB bodies as possible. After all RAGASS is still on the team wasting a roster spot. 

3 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

Chiefs should ride out their current CB situation. If they make a move, it should be after they get a chance to evaluate Clairborn and give a chance for the Defense to settle in. 

A proven guy on a rookie deal is much more valuable than an unknown with a mid round pick. I'm all against giving up a 1st or possibly 2nd but if we can get a starting level CB with a 3rd and get rid of some dead weight that will both help this year and set give us more flexibility in the upcoming draft.

Also as seen this offseason our draft plans aren't guaranteed to work out as other teams might focus on DBs as well. 

I thought Fuller had a pretty good game.   People bagging on the secondary but it was the front 7 giving up 8 yards a carry.   I think there are going to be games like that with this kind of D.  We aren't special or elite so from week to week I think we will see one area look good while the other bad, and some really good weeks for both areas and some weeks where they both look really bad.    I'm glad we held them to 10 pts this week.    Next week will be a great test for the whole team.  I wouldn't give up our 1st for Minkah though.   Miami is losing leverage by the week.  Sure they hold his contract  but if we've learned anything these last two years, its that players can make life miserable especially if a team is in full on tank mode.   

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Dolphins' trade of DB Minkah Fitzpatrick is "likely to be wrapped up" at some point Tuesday.

Take it for what it's worth, but La Canfora mentions the Redskins, Cowboys, Chiefs, Steelers, Eagles, and Seahawks as teams buzzing on Fitzpatrick. JLC adds the Dolphins are expected to get a first-round pick back in return for the 22-year-old 2018 first-round pick. Fitzpatrick can definitely be a difference-making asset wherever he lands.

Sep 16, 2019, 8:02 PM ET

4 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Dolphins' trade of DB Minkah Fitzpatrick is "likely to be wrapped up" at some point Tuesday.

Take it for what it's worth, but La Canfora mentions the Redskins, Cowboys, Chiefs, Steelers, Eagles, and Seahawks as teams buzzing on Fitzpatrick. JLC adds the Dolphins are expected to get a first-round pick back in return for the 22-year-old 2018 first-round pick. Fitzpatrick can definitely be a difference-making asset wherever he lands.

Sep 16, 2019, 8:02 PM ET

If all are willing to part with a first trading him to Washington makes the most sense. Kc and eagles would need to sweeten the pot since they are most likely to be drafting backend of the draft.

If things don't change, the Chiefs will have drafting a CB a high priority next spring.  The question is whether whoever would be available would be better than Fitzpatrick.  Would 2 1/2 years of him on a rookie deal be that much more expensive than four years of the draftee.  Considering the probable draft position of the Chiefs, I'd say yes unless the Fins ask for more. 

59 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If things don't change, the Chiefs will have drafting a CB a high priority next spring.  The question is whether whoever would be available would be better than Fitzpatrick.  Would 2 1/2 years of him on a rookie deal be that much more expensive than four years of the draftee.  Considering the probable draft position of the Chiefs, I'd say yes unless the Fins ask for more. 

I think we can get a better fit on the outside in a good corner class along with 2 1/2 more years of club control. If I have to trade the first, for me it needs to be for a guy that absolutely helps where we need it most.  

That said Terez Paylor said Veach was aggressive to get him but got outbid.  

Steelers acquired DB Minkah Fitzpatrick from the Dolphins in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick.

Fourth- and seventh-rounders are also going to Pittsburgh, with fifth- and sixth-rounders coming to Miami. Amazing get for the Dolphins. The Steelers are 0-2 and just lost Ben Roethlisberger for the season. There's a very good chance this pick ends up being top-10 and maybe even top-5 in next year's draft. The Dolphins now have three 2020 first-rounders and two second-rounders. In 2021, Miami owns two first-round picks. For Pittsburgh, this is a very odd move to essentially go all in on Rudolph the rest of the year and not have a first-rounder next spring. GM Kevin Colbert better be right. Fitzpatrick plays a premium position as a corner who can play outside and inside. He gives Pittsburgh a nice trio of Joe Haden, Steven Nelson, and Fitzpatrick.

7 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Steelers acquired DB Minkah Fitzpatrick from the Dolphins in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick.

Fourth- and seventh-rounders are also going to Pittsburgh, with fifth- and sixth-rounders coming to Miami. Amazing get for the Dolphins. The Steelers are 0-2 and just lost Ben Roethlisberger for the season. There's a very good chance this pick ends up being top-10 and maybe even top-5 in next year's draft. The Dolphins now have three 2020 first-rounders and two second-rounders. In 2021, Miami owns two first-round picks. For Pittsburgh, this is a very odd move to essentially go all in on Rudolph the rest of the year and not have a first-rounder next spring. GM Kevin Colbert better be right. Fitzpatrick plays a premium position as a corner who can play outside and inside. He gives Pittsburgh a nice trio of Joe Haden, Steven Nelson, and Fitzpatrick.

Holy crap. That is the stupidest thing I have read lately. They could end up with the first overall pick. 

I think the idea is to ride out Rudolph for a while and if he doesn't work out there's a supposedly very good QB class coming up in 2021 they can go for. However trading away the 1st round pick with their old franchise QB injured is a very risky move so they must like what Rudolph has shown so far. I would imagine a 2nd + 3rd would be enough unless there are some high bidders in the mix. 

Archived