Game day thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Hard to be effective running when you don’t establish. Which we haven’t needed to.

I disagree.  Establishing the run is an antiquated idea, because it’s basis was to set up play action.  When you can and are throwing the ball all over the field, you’re establishing the pass to set up the run.  The fact that there aren’t huge running lanes by nfl standards given the circumstances is quite an indictment of the line and it’s lack of blocking. 

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I disagree.  Establishing the run is an antiquated idea, because it’s basis was to set up play action.  When you can and are throwing the ball all over the field, you’re establishing the pass to set up the run.  The fact that there aren’t huge running lanes by nfl standards given the circumstances is quite an indictment of the line and it’s lack of blocking. 

Yea. It’s ugly in the run department.

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I agree. but We are not a power run team either.  Thats what worried me in the playoffs.   Patriots are a power run team

Archived