Game day thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to watch the game for myself, but it seems like a really solid win. I'd rather have a 28-10 win on the road, even if the raiders shut down the run game vs. a 28-27 shootout were with defense gives up over 500 yard offense and we still win, like last year. 

Just now, FANATIC said:

I understand. Was making a general comment. Should not have quoted you. My bad.

All good. No complaining here. If we wanted more points I’m sure Andy could of had them. But there better be respect from the other team in run game later on.

Texans' Carlos Hyde: Another solid rushing day
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Hyde ran for 90 yards on 20 carries during Sunday's 13-12 win against the Jaguars.

Hyde has predictably made minimal impact in the passing game with just one catch for two yards in two games, but he has thus far garnered 30 of 45 running back carries for Houston, while averaging a supremely economical 5.8 yards per rush. A formidable opponent awaits in Week 3 for Hyde and the Texans' backfield, as the Chargers contained Detroit's running back committee of Kerryon Johnson, Ty Johnson, C.J. Anderson and J.D. McKissic to fewer than 3.4 yards per attempt with zero rushing touchdowns Sunday.

4 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Anyone think the offense went  a little vanilla in the 2nd half?

Just seemed like they weren't trying to hard to get the ball downfield outside of a few plays...After the holding call on the Hardman touchdown they seemed to dial it back...

Yes. Played safe. 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

It was nice seeing adjustments made on both sides of the ball today, during game action. Sutton was incapable 

i agree, if sutton where still here the score would have been 28-24 or something similar.

I do admit when i was listening in the car on the way home from work i had serious doubts creep in about what the hell we were doing on defense because the raiders moved the ball fairly easily...but adjustments were made (and they did not wait until halftime) and all is right in the AFC West...

BTW: never heard Frank Clarks name called today and the Honey Badger only on the PI call in the 1st quarter...does that mean our D is that good that we spread it around or are they invisible...kudos to KPass on his sack today 

4 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i agree, if sutton where still here the score would have been 28-24 or something similar.

I do admit when i was listening in the car on the way home from work i had serious doubts creep in about what the hell we were doing on defense because the raiders moved the ball fairly easily...but adjustments were made (and they did not wait until halftime) and all is right in the AFC West...

BTW: never heard Frank Clarks name called today and the Honey Badger only on the PI call in the 1st quarter...does that mean our D is that good that we spread it around or are they invisible...kudos to KPass on his sack today 

It's wishful thinking on my part,  but I think both of them will show up at critical times during the season or maybe even in the playoffs. 

Archived