Injury Concerns?

10 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

McCoy to have MRI on ankle

Williams with a sore knee

Mahomes on a bad ankle

LT Fisher has a groin injury

did you see the Raiders game?  I think we'll be fine.  And, before you claim "It's just the Raiders", your team had to hold onto dear life beating the Cardinals by 6.

16 minutes ago, dksww said:

did you see the Raiders game?  I think we'll be fine.  And, before you claim "It's just the Raiders", your team had to hold onto dear life beating the Cardinals by 6.

Why does it immediately come back to my team? SMDH

All i did was point out that the Chiefs are banged up. I didn't even mention Hill being out.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

Why does it immediately come back to my team? SMDH

All i did was point out that the Chiefs are banged up. I didn't even mention Hill being out.

Hill being out is a moot point because we know he is out for sure. I bet all play but my only worry if one or so misses the game is Fisher and Williams. Williams would be backed up by Thompson who a lot of us want to see

47 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hill being out is a moot point because we know he is out for sure. I bet all play but my only worry if one or so misses the game is Fisher and Williams. Williams would be backed up by Thompson who a lot of us want to see

Disagree, the Raiders focused on Watkins, DRob and Kelce went off.

Hope we can shut it all down this week.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

McCoy to have MRI on ankle

Williams with a sore knee

Mahomes on a bad ankle

LT Fisher has a groin injury

You won't get our best on Sunday but any means. But thats just the reality of an NFL season.  The dymamic we lose with Tyreek is far less concerning to me short term than your team who put a ton of pressure on Mahomes last year when he was fully mobile with healthy tackles. I also somehow doubt that simple go routes are going to work against the Ravens. That said, give Andy a week to come up with something and we clearly have enough talent on the field to be formidable. And having the better QB always means something. Should be a very interesting game. I still have no idea what to expect from the defense. 

5 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Disagree, the Raiders focused on Watkins, DRob and Kelce went off.

Hope we can shut it all down this week.

Shut down Watkins and Kelce and maybe Hardman goes off.  Losing Hill is huge, but it doesn't leave the Chiefs without options as the Raiders found out.  The Ravens' DBs aren't exactly all world. 

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Shut down Watkins and Kelce and maybe Hardman goes off.  Losing Hill is huge, but it doesn't leave the Chiefs without options as the Raiders found out.  The Ravens' DBs aren't exactly all world. 

and you forgot DRob.. his confidence has to be skyrocketing.. hope he continues to impress

37 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You won't get our best on Sunday but any means. But thats just the reality of an NFL season.  The dymamic we lose with Tyreek is far less concerning to me short term than your team who put a ton of pressure on Mahomes last year when he was fully mobile with healthy tackles. I also somehow doubt that simple go routes are going to work against the Ravens. That said, give Andy a week to come up with something and we clearly have enough talent on the field to be formidable. And having the better QB always means something. Should be a very interesting game. I still have no idea what to expect from the defense. 

4th and 9 and PI call away last year.

I still don't know what to expect from this offense. LJ is unbelievable right now- focused, humble and playing with a lot of poise. Our defense can limit you- gave up a ton of yards to the Air Raid offense because basically no one had ever played it. But they didn't score.

14 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

4th and 9 and PI call away last year.

I still don't know what to expect from this offense. LJ is unbelievable right now- focused, humble and playing with a lot of poise. Our defense can limit you- gave up a ton of yards to the Air Raid offense because basically no one had ever played it. But they didn't score.

Kyler Murray is the real deal. Basically anyone that plays in that OU offense is; and that's exactly where the NFL is going. Despite having a horrendous Oline its not surprising to me he's off to a good start and played well yesterday. Seems like the college coach however made a mess of his decisions in the red zone which could have flipped the game. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Kyler Murray is the real deal. Basically anyone that plays in that OU offense is; and that's exactly where the NFL is going. Despite having a horrendous Oline its not surprising to me he's off to a good start and played well yesterday. Seems like the college coach however made a mess of his decisions in the red zone which could have flipped the game. 

Exactly correct but not having any TE's in the game was a mistake- he went 4-5 wide every play. No one to chip, Murray was getting beat up.

We are pretty deep on O so as long as the game injury bug doesn’t hit doesn’t hit the D, I was bunk we will be OK. Erving did OK, shockingly. I thought he would be a train wreck but props. He did well. Still want Fish back quickly.

Shady needs to be OK. Him and Williams are an Andy Reid dream team committee. 

I am not worried about interior Oline. History has shown they get better with a few injuries. Joking, but not really. Lord please let Schwartz stay healthy.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Exactly correct but not having any TE's in the game was a mistake- he went 4-5 wide every play. No one to chip, Murray was getting beat up.

And that will be a problem. Murray is very small and he had a great line at OU. The Cardinals may have the worst oline in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

As long as Mahomes is healthy the skill positions are relatively interchangeable. He'll keep on creating stars. I'm more concerned about Fisher than Hill or the RBs. 

And Mahomes got around okay on Sunday but you notice he rarely got outside the pocket at all which was a big part of evading the Ravens pass rush in 2018. Banged up LT and banged up QB isn't the best combination. Andy again will have his hands full, but if he can buy Mahomes time, we will probably win the game. If he can't, it'll be a struggle on Sunday. Raiders are improved but that defense is still very shaky. 

51 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

And Mahomes got around okay on Sunday but you notice he rarely got outside the pocket at all which was a big part of evading the Ravens pass rush in 2018. Banged up LT and banged up QB isn't the best combination. Andy again will have his hands full, but if he can buy Mahomes time, we will probably win the game. If he can't, it'll be a struggle on Sunday. Raiders are improved but that defense is still very shaky. 

Honestly, I just re-watched and he was sliding all around the pocket - including a couple designed roll-outs and he looked completely normal to me.  Gotta remember, he's a supreme athlete and - more important - only 23.  Those guys tend to heal at 10-times the rate us old guys do.  If I sprained my ankle they'd probably have to amputate it...

14 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Honestly, I just re-watched and he was sliding all around the pocket - including a couple designed roll-outs and he looked completely normal to me.  Gotta remember, he's a supreme athlete and - more important - only 23.  Those guys tend to heal at 10-times the rate us old guys do.  If I sprained my ankle they'd probably have to amputate it...

Agree to disagree there. They had a few rollout type plays that wouldn’t stress a heavily taped ankle and could keep defense honest. But he spent most of his time in a small space in the pocket and we never really saw the mobility and throws on the run we usually do.  That type of deal will take a month to really get better IMO. In the meantime the Chiefs will downplay it for competitive reasons and Andy will alter game plan a little to adjust. JMO. 

Archived