AFC West Update & Outlook

Chargers: Knowing your FG Guy is out...how do you not sign a kicker? Go with your punter? Unfortunate but Lots of key injuries on D. Maybe a 9-7 team. Always count on Rivers to throw a stupid pick late in the game.

Donkeys: Pathetic Loss. 0-2  Joe Fucco is another pathetic horse face decision. Guy is Smith without good decision making. This is a 7-9 team.

Raiders: Carr has proven he is not a clutch QB. Folds under pressure. That back end defense is comical. This is a 6-10 team

Question? Is the AFC West now as weak as AFC East?  I think so. 

Any division that includes the Fins has to be near the bottom.  The Donks probably aren't going to make .500 but will win some games with their defense   The Raiders could win some games as well but aren't a threat to win the division.  The Chargers will still compete with the Chiefs for the division.  They play the Dolphins, the Chiefs play the Pats.  They play PIT, the Chiefs play the Ravens.  That's a big strength of schedule differential.  The Lions did the Chiefs a big favor yesterday, but I'm not counting out the Chargers yet.  The AFC West will probably win half their games.  There's no AFC division that's as solid as the NFC North and NFC West. 

42 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chargers: Knowing your FG Guy is out...how do you not sign a kicker? Go with your punter? Unfortunate but Lots of key injuries on D. Maybe a 9-7 team. Always count on Rivers to throw a stupid pick late in the game.

Donkeys: Pathetic Loss. 0-2  Joe Fucco is another pathetic horse face decision. Guy is Smith without good decision making. This is a 7-9 team.

Raiders: Carr has proven he is not a clutch QB. Folds under pressure. That back end defense is comical. This is a 6-10 team

The Broncos are not winning 7 games.  They'll be lucky to avoid an 0-8 start with their schedule and I couldn't love it anymore. 

The Raiders might get to 6-10/7-9 territory, I just can't put my finger on them yet.

I think the Chargers will be ok, but yesterday's loss was mind numbing.  IDK how they lost that game.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Any division that includes the Fins has to be near the bottom.  The Donks probably aren't going to make .500 but will win some games with their defense   The Raiders could win some games as well but aren't a threat to win the division.  The Chargers will still compete with the Chiefs for the division.  They play the Dolphins, the Chiefs play the Pats.  They play PIT, the Chiefs play the Ravens.  That's a big strength of schedule differential.  The Lions did the Chiefs a big favor yesterday, but I'm not counting out the Chargers yet.  The AFC West will probably win half their games.  There's no AFC division that's as solid as the NFC North and NFC West. 

Sure  Perhaps. Looks to me like Rivers is almost done. I think KC puts it on them twice.

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Sure  Perhaps. Looks to me like Rivers is almost done. I think KC puts it on them twice.

Even a split should be enough, but two wins would cinch the division.  The loss to DET is a big blow even though it's early.  That's the only NFC game that the Chargers would be favorites in and they blew it. 

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Even a split should be enough, but two wins would cinch the division.  The loss to DET is a big blow even though it's early.  That's the only NFC game that the Chargers would be favorites in and they blew it. 

SD was lucky to beat Indy. Missed extra point & two field goals by Vinaterri

24 minutes ago, dksww said:

The Broncos are not winning 7 games.  They'll be lucky to avoid an 0-8 start with their schedule and I couldn't love it anymore. 

The Raiders might get to 6-10/7-9 territory, I just can't put my finger on them yet.

I think the Chargers will be ok, but yesterday's loss was mind numbing.  IDK how they lost that game.

I still think the Broncos will beat the Chiefs. It will be their Super Bowl and we suck on Thursday night games. Call the game in Mexico City a toss up. We will have to be in a world of injury issues to lose any more than that in the division. 

26 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I still think the Broncos will beat the Chiefs. It will be their Super Bowl and we suck on Thursday night games. Call the game in Mexico City a toss up. We will have to be in a world of injury issues to lose any more than that in the division. 

At least Chargers get to burn a home game on Mexico City.

33 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

No way. Fucco is not capable of keeping up with KC offense. They will not score 24 against KC. How many games in a row has KC scored 26+?  Mahomes has their #.

Not sure if it’s as weak as the afc east, but something people don’t talk about is the chiefs has a big advantage in that they don’t have to play themselves, just as the patriots have the same advantage.

its a big deal that when at any given time there may be 10 good teams each season you automatically eliminate playing one of them because 1 of the 10 is your own team

11 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

No way. Fucco is not capable of keeping up with KC offense. They will not score 24 against KC. How many games in a row has KC scored 26+?  Mahomes has their #.

Hope you are right. Could have Tyreek back by then too. But reality is weve just had some nightmares on Thursday nights and lost to teams we shouldn’t have. More prep time seems to give Andy the bigger advantage.  

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Hope you are right. Could have Tyreek back by then too. But reality is weve just had some nightmares on Thursday nights and lost to teams we shouldn’t have. More prep time seems to give Andy the bigger advantage.  

Not sure Donkeys win a single game leading up to KC. Maybe go 1-3. After all they lost to the FAIDERS.

Sep 22 at Packers 11:00 AM FOX    
4 Sep 29 vs Jaguars 2:25 PM CBS    
5 Oct. 6 at Chargers 2:05 PM CBS    
6 Oct 13 vs Titans 2:25 PM CBS    
7 Oct 17 vs Chiefs (TNF)

On 9/16/2019 at 2:11 PM, FANATIC said:

But you're a Chargers fan since 2015

Archived