Ramsey

ChiefThunder

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jaguars are asking for a first-round pick and more in exchange for CB Jalen Ramsey.

One source told Schefter he believes the team could trade Ramsey this week. Ramsey wants a mega extension -- one he absolutely deserves -- and the Jaguars have yet to give him one after he came to training camp in an armored Brinks truck, a display that obviously made known his desire for more money. The sideline dust-up with coach Doug Marrone Sunday in Houston was the final straw, and Ramsey seems adamant in his wish to be traded. Things should get interesting. Contenders will surely be ringing Tom Coughlin and GM Dave Caldwell in the coming hours.

5 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Neither Ramsey or Peters have acted a fool off the field like AB. C'mon

I dont care about that. The guy is selfish and a jerk on the field. Plus.....stop trading top picks and paying top dollar. Its a recipe for failure. Pats got Brown for free with no real liability.

I wonder how he is "being used" as Rapoport tweeted in Thunder's OP. It seems he is playing man on the opposing team's best receiver all over the field. He's got incredible physical skills, maybe the best in the game, but I'm not fond of his attitude. Would much prefer PP because he just goes about his business and shuts you down while shutting his mouth at the same time. We have to pay Jones and Mahomes and I don't think we can afford the highest paid CB in the NFL (you'll know he'll want that). 

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I have been very critical of Fuller last half of last year and through training camp, but he is looking good. Makes no sense to package him in a Ramsey trade IMO. You are still a CB short.

In his scenario we would get Fitzpatrick and Ramsey. That would leave Breeland, Ward and Clairborne at DB then along with those 2. Even if we traded just for Ramsey you would still have one for one swap at the position where Ramsey is much better than Fuller.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

In his scenario we would get Fitzpatrick and Ramsey. That would leave Breeland, Ward and Clairborne at DB then along with those 2. Even if we traded just for Ramsey you would still have one for one swap at the position where Ramsey is much better than Fuller.

Plus Fuller will be a FA after this year and will get overpaid I'm sure.  I'd rather throw that money at Ramsey and also have Fitzpatrick on his rookie deal still.

8 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I wonder how he is "being used" as Rapoport tweeted in Thunder's OP. It seems he is playing man on the opposing team's best receiver all over the field. He's got incredible physical skills, maybe the best in the game, but I'm not fond of his attitude. Would much prefer PP because he just goes about his business and shuts you down while shutting his mouth at the same time. We have to pay Jones and Mahomes and I don't think we can afford the highest paid CB in the NFL (you'll know he'll want that). 

Meh I think we would be fine.  Remember Fuller will be a FA and want to get paid.  We also have about $22M in cap space atm and Veach could always throw a lot of that $22M at Ramsey as a signing bonus THUS bringing that annual cap hit for the next 5 or 6 years down by a lot.  Say we make him the highest paid CB at like $78M over 5 years.  Give him $18M in signing bonus and his annual cap in only about $12M.  Or even back load his contract AND give him a large signing bonus....Would be like $8M, $10M, $12M and then jump up to say $14M and last year of contract $16M.  There are LOTS of ways to get him signed and still have plenty of money for Jones and Patty Cakes

Just now, Balto said:

Meh I think we would be fine.  Remember Fuller will be a FA and want to get paid.  We also have about $22M in cap space atm and Veach could always throw a lot of that $22M at Ramsey as a signing bonus THUS bringing that annual cap hit for the next 5 or 6 years down by a lot.  Say we make him the highest paid CB at like $78M over 5 years.  Give him $18M in signing bonus and his annual cap in only about $12M.  Or even back load his contract AND give him a large signing bonus....Would be like $8M, $10M, $12M and then jump up to say $14M and last year of contract $16M.  There are LOTS of ways to get him signed and still have plenty of money for Jones and Patty Cakes

NOT REALITY......THE BANK IS NOT UNLIMITED FUNDS.  Chiefs already have too many guys in the top tier income bracket. 

Just now, kkuenn said:

I saw no targeting and even nothing at all from Hill or the Chiefs to question it. Heck, Ramsey even went above and beyond to contact Hill and apologize too for it all when he did not have to do so.

What about the push after the tackle? Should have been 15 yard penalty.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I get you. I thought it was 2 different options. If both could happen. It looks to me like you trade half the 2020 draft to upgrade at outside CB and downgrade at slot CB and get 2 potential head cases. I am going to lean on towards no. The upside is there but so is the downside.