Ramsey

ChiefThunder

No thanks.  He's talented, but I don't want a malcontent that is primarily concerned with money.  Everyone is worried about this year.  We have a big window with Mahomes.  I'd rather keep our picks and build toward a potential dynasty, rather than throwing away a first rounder for someone like this.  I have no problem taking on malcontents when it's low risk high reward, but giving up substance for a guy like this is high risk.  

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Terez called him a neutralizer. And I agree. You trade for this guy to beat New England. 

Right now, let’s be real, Kc isn't beating NE as the roster stands.

KC needs a shutdown corner.

not some hybrid slot safety guy.

10 games head to head, I believe KC and NE would be 5 each.  I don't think Ramsey tips that scale.  NE beat us last year because our run defense was atrocious.  To beat the pats, it's going to require scoring points.  Ramsey isn't the difference between a Super Bowl and not. 

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

10 games head to head, I believe KC and NE would be 5 each.  I don't think Ramsey tips that scale.  NE beat us last year because our run defense was atrocious.  To beat the pats, it's going to require scoring points.  Ramsey isn't the difference between a Super Bowl and not. 

I completely disagree. It’s the weakest part of our team that’s going to be exploited by good QBs.  CBs like Ramsey and Peterson are difference makers who can stand alone on an island and hold up against good WRa.  And the Patriots WR group is MUCH better than last year.  An elite group.  

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

Absolutely disagree. We could not stop a single pass play when in mattered. How quick we forget. Quick outs to Edelman.. A corner is absolutely the difference.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I completely disagree. It’s the weakest part of our team that’s going to be exploited by good QBs.  CBs like Ramsey and Peterson are difference makers who can stand alone on an island and hold up against good WRa.  And the Patriots WR group is MUCH better than last year.  An elite group.  

Peterson I’d take, for the right price. Ramsey, being younger, is going to be steeper.  Why would you be in favor of mortgaging draft capital for a player that we’d be stupid to extend because of the money he wants, the contracts we just gave out, and the massive contract pending for Mahomes?  Long term for the franchise it would be much better to turn that top pick into a corner we have under control and on the cheap. 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Absolutely disagree. We could not stop a single pass play when in mattered. How quick we forget. Quick outs to Edelman.. A corner is absolutely the difference.

And they counter the corner by matching up our shitty linebackers and throwing slants. We aren’t going to beat the pats by stopping their offense, we beat them by outscoring them.  If we win the coin toss last season, nobody remembers that we couldn’t stop them.  Our strength was effectively killed by the flip of the coin.   Ramsey is another Marcus Peters.  I was good with shipping him off and I’m not good with trading for Ramsey.  At least Peterson makes some sense. 

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

I don’t know. We have that guy in badger and fuller. 

Claiborne, Breeland, Ward, badger, thornhill, and Ramsey. 

The window is now.

The Badger has been pretty bad, but I think he will come around. I feel better with Fuller than a converted safety. Would love to have Ramsey. Just not that trade scenario.

we wont get ramsey either, even if we did give a 1st rounder it will end up being more like an early 2nd because we are not going to be in the high end of the first round.

We did not have the draft capital to get Fitzpatrick and we won't to get Ramsey. We will get hurt by our position on the waiver wire as well. I just don't see it happening. Not to mention Clark traded Peters and can't see him bringing in that exact same player.

17 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

we wont get ramsey either, even if we did give a 1st rounder it will end up being more like an early 2nd because we are not going to be in the high end of the first round.

We did not have the draft capital to get Fitzpatrick and we won't to get Ramsey. We will get hurt by our position on the waiver wire as well. I just don't see it happening. Not to mention Clark traded Peters and can't see him bringing in that exact same player.

Yea I'd rather see the money go to Chris Jones. 

However if it happens, then so be it. We'll be complete for the run. 

It's almost as if some folks want the Chiefs to "sell the farm" to go after Ramsey. That's crazy. He is a malcontent and often acts like a punk. The comparison to Peters is justified. Let's get everyone healthy, off suspension and playing on the same page. Upgrade if possible...but not at any cost. 

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

It's almost as if some folks want the Chiefs to "sell the farm" to go after Ramsey. That's crazy. He is a malcontent and often acts like a punk. The comparison to Peters is justified. Let's get everyone healthy, off suspension and playing on the same page. Upgrade if possible...but not at any cost. 

EXACTLY

Bah I don’t agree.....NOW is the time to over pay with draft picks and salary cap.  Mahomes is dirt cheap and we have to make the most of it.

We have about $22M in cap atm.  Veach could easily give Ramsey a HUGE signing bonus that would lower his annual cap hit dramatically over the years.  We also know Veach isn’t afraid to send draft picks away for talent...While Ramsey is a drama queen he is also rated as the top CB in the NFL and the one player that would make the largest impact on winning that we could add right now. There is about a 0% chance we get a CB at the end of next years draft that will have Ramsey’s skills.  Even if the guy does show talent you give him a couple years to blossom and by then he wants paid and Mahomes is making $40M a year...Pay for wins NOW!  As we can worry about “rebuilding” our secondary after we win a few Super Bowls and Mahomes is experienced enough to make up for weak spots on the team.  Some of you act like we are the Patriots and have won the last 800 Super Bowls.....We haven’t won shit and until we do we must give up whatever we have to!  Patriots win year after year because of Bill and Tom plus players willing to take less money for that chance to get a ring.  If we start winning we will also start to get players to signing cheaper deals for that chance for a ring.  We have the QB.....We have the coach.....Now let’s fucking win at all cost.  Dammit

I honestly think we need to go all out and get that Super Bowl win monkey off our backs and then focus on repeat after repeat.

10 minutes ago, Balto said:

Bah I don’t agree.....NOW is the time to over pay with draft picks and salary cap.  Mahomes is dirt cheap and we have to make the most of it.

We have about $22M in cap atm.  Veach could easily give Ramsey a HUGE signing bonus that would lower his annual cap hit dramatically over the years.  We also know Veach isn’t afraid to send draft picks away for talent...While Ramsey is a drama queen he is also rated as the top CB in the NFL and the one player that would make the largest impact on winning that we could add right now. There is about a 0% chance we get a CB at the end of next years draft that will have Ramsey’s skills.  Even if the guy does show talent you give him a couple years to blossom and by then he wants paid and Mahomes is making $40M a year...Pay for wins NOW!  As we can worry about “rebuilding” our secondary after we win a few Super Bowls and Mahomes is experienced enough to make up for weak spots on the team.  Some of you act like we are the Patriots and have won the last 800 Super Bowls.....We haven’t won shit and until we do we must give up whatever we have to!  Patriots win year after year because of Bill and Tom plus players willing to take less money for that chance to get a ring.  If we start winning we will also start to get players to signing cheaper deals for that chance for a ring.  We have the QB.....We have the coach.....Now let’s fucking win at all cost.  Dammit

I honestly think we need to go all out and get that Super Bowl win monkey off our backs and then focus on repeat after repeat.

HMMM. Brady at 32 million seems about right for when it was given. The rest of the story is not many other guys getting huge contracts. They repeat because they dont overpay and dont trade draft capital and then overpay that player. Chiefs already way over paid with Picks & Millions for Clark.

Tom Brady QB $1,750,000 $13,750,000 $1,000,000 - - $5,000,000 - ($32,250,000) $21,500,000 10.73
Devin McCourty FS $9,000,000 $3,000,000 $500,000 - - $935,000 - ($3,935,000) $13,435,000 6.70
Dont'a Hightower OLB $7,000,000 $2,500,000 $820,305 - - - $625,000 ($7,000,000) $10,945,305 5.46
Stephon Gilmore CB $1,000,000 $3,600,000 $500,000 - - $4,070,833 - ($24,012,502) $9,170,833 4.58
Shaq Mason G $4,000,000 $2,400,000 $875,000 - - - - ($18,600,000) $7,275,000 3.63
Michael Bennett DE $3,000,000 $2,000,000 $1,500,000 - - - - ($4,000,000) $6,500,000 3.24
Kyle Van Noy ILB $4,250,000 $1,166,668 $500,000 - - - $375,000 ($1,166,668) $6,291,668 3.14
Julian Edelman WR $1,000,000 $4,202,616 $375,000 - $500,000 - - ($14,335,949) $6,077,615 3.03
Antonio Brown WR $1,062,500 $4,500,000 $500,000 - - - - ($10,000,000) $6,062,500 3.03
M

33 minutes ago, Balto said:

And if we don't win the SB it'll take a few years to recover. Just ask Reid what happened the last time he wanted to "buy" a SB. 

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

And if we don't win the SB it'll take a few years to recover. Just ask Reid what happened the last time he wanted to "buy" a SB. 

That was a whole team of FA , not one key player or an area addressed on the team etc. I am all for Ramsey but i dont want to over pay badly either. We wont find NFL ready talent at the end if the 1st round. We can get immediate help and upgrade now. We have the cap space now.  I will say though i want Jones too so if it cane down to Jones or Ramsey, i will go with Jones. If Veach can sign both and go forward we will be a young group locked up for a long time.

5 minutes ago, sith13 said:

To be fair it was his qb that was out of shape and couldn't deliver and the diva he brought in came back from a pretty bad injury in record time and balled out.  But I agree.  If the price was right a 1st and some nominal player then I would be down but you can't send multiple high picks for a guy we can't afford in two years.   Thats why I would have rather had Minkah with 3 more years at a very reasonable rate.   Thankfully for us our D looked better this week and Claiborne comes back in a couple weeks.  Maybe we can make it work with band aids.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

That was a whole team of FA , not one key player or an area addressed on the team etc. I am all for Ramsey but i dont want to over pay badly either. We wont find NFL ready talent at the end if the 1st round. We can get immediate help and upgrade now. We have the cap space now.  I will say though i want Jones too so if it cane down to Jones or Ramsey, i will go with Jones. If Veach can sign both and go forward we will be a young group locked up for a long time.

NFL ready talent is found in later rounds, see Thornhill & Hardman,  so surely the 31st or 32nd choice has great potential.

7 hours ago, moons314 said:

Peterson I’d take, for the right price. Ramsey, being younger, is going to be steeper.  Why would you be in favor of mortgaging draft capital for a player that we’d be stupid to extend because of the money he wants, the contracts we just gave out, and the massive contract pending for Mahomes?  Long term for the franchise it would be much better to turn that top pick into a corner we have under control and on the cheap. 

It’s a huge need and we cant leave a Super Bowl caliber team so thin at corner.  Veach has to do anything reasonable to fill it.  That said a character like Ramsey is a judgement call locker room wise. That may throw him out immediately. Hard to say.