Ramsey

ChiefThunder

17 hours ago, Balto said:

A trade would likely require two first-round picks and almost certainly have to be coupled with a long-term contract extension that would make him the highest-paid cornerback in league history.

The Chiefs created additional cap space with some administrative moves last week, but another big-ticket defender would complicate a potential contract extension for quarterback Patrick Mahomes and an extension or 2020 franchise tag for Chris Jones.- Sam Mellinger

Here is the latest on Ramsey, according to NFL Insider Jason LaCanfora, speaking recently on CBS Sports: 

“When I talk to other organizations, some teams have interest and some teams don’t — but everybody gossips. The sense I am getting from GMs and personnel directors is Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks and Philadelphia Eagles. These are the three teams you hear the most about.”

Why is Friday the big day for a potential Ramsey trade?  If they win tonight they keep him?  It’s amazing how quickly football has created a previously non existent trade market. 

This guy is an elite very young player.  And suddenly available week 3?  Crazy. 

20 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Why is Friday the big day for a potential Ramsey trade?  If they win tonight they keep him?  It’s amazing how quickly football has created a previously non existent trade market. 

They might be willing to throw the towel at 0-3 🤔 1-2 could be a reason to keep some hopes up as they only lost to a SB contender and a supposedly tough team by a single point. Also the price will likely remain the same closer to the trade deadline so they might not have as much of an incentive to let him leave sooner hoping that he'll remain healthy.

27 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The analytics boom. NFL GMs have forever valued high draft picks like they would a star player. Deeper studies into the validity of that thought have brought context to the conversation.

“I have my guy run the value of each pick based on trends, say, the last seven years,” said one AFC GM. “The No. 1 pick has created this type of player—Pro Bowls, All-Pros. Then the No. 2 pick is this, and so on. You can see it by color shading on a chart. You get down to, maybe 22 to 35, there’s not a lot of difference. There’s a dropoff in Round 1 over time, and that’s where I’d go back and say a Jalen Ramsey, a Khalil Mack, guys picked in top five, merit the price.

“If you feel like this player helps get you in the playoffs‚ and your pick is 21 or below, you can justify dealing that 1, and you get a known commodity.”

In other words, if the hit rate on a pick like the one the Cowboys gave up for Cooper or the first one the Bears yielded for Mack is closer to 50 percent than it is to 100, a lot of teams are thinking they simply have a better shot with the established star. Dallas, took it another step and studied the kind of receiver it would get in the 20s, and figured Cooper was a safer play than Hollywood Brown or N’Keal Harry or Deebo Samuel.

-Andy Benoit SI.com

The Kansas City Chiefs cornerbacks deserve a fair shot to turn things around

by Matt Conner21 minutes ago Follow @MattConnerAA

The clamoring for new cornerbacks is louder than ever with potential trade rumors floating around, but the Kansas City Chiefs have new faces still settling into place.

It takes the mere mention of a new name to cause a commotion. With every new cornerback to come across the transaction wire, or every new defensive back frustrate with his current team, fans of the Kansas City Chiefs get caught up in a frenzy. Rumors of potential acquisitions swirl. Financials are dissected. Trade compensation is discussed.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/09/19/kansas-city-chiefs-cornerback-deserve-fair-shot/

11 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

The Kansas City Chiefs cornerbacks deserve a fair shot to turn things around

by Matt Conner21 minutes ago Follow @MattConnerAA

The clamoring for new cornerbacks is louder than ever with potential trade rumors floating around, but the Kansas City Chiefs have new faces still settling into place.

It takes the mere mention of a new name to cause a commotion. With every new cornerback to come across the transaction wire, or every new defensive back frustrate with his current team, fans of the Kansas City Chiefs get caught up in a frenzy. Rumors of potential acquisitions swirl. Financials are dissected. Trade compensation is discussed.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/09/19/kansas-city-chiefs-cornerback-deserve-fair-shot/

its as if  Matt gets on CTO lol.. I  do not frequent any other sites but I am sure they are the same.I agree  we need to see what we have..now in 3-4 weeks if they still look like a bumbly group of knuckleheads then its time to pull the trigger

Cardinals restructured LB Chandler Jones’ contract Wednesday, freeing up $4 million against their cap for this season, per league sources.

Cardinals now have added flexibility this season. They don’t believe they will trade for CB Jalen Ramsey, but they did speak with Jaguars.

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

I'm telling ya....

Cards get:

Ramsey, cb

Chiefs get:

Peterson, cb

Jags get:

Chiefs 2020 1st

Cards 2020 2nd

I could live with that.

Cept it might take:

jags get

Chiefs 2020 1st

Cards 2020 1st

Cards first probably be a high pick.  Don't see them pulling the trigger on that.

At the beginning of this week, an NFL team reached out to the league office and asked whether Jalen Ramsey could play Sunday for that team after he played Thursday for the Jaguars, per source. League informed the team no, that it’s one game per player per week.

I just don't get why the Jags would allow him to play.....I'm thinking its either they are not serious about trading him OR trying to force a team to step up and pay before tonight!

1 minute ago, Balto said:

At the beginning of this week, an NFL team reached out to the league office and asked whether Jalen Ramsey could play Sunday for that team after he played Thursday for the Jaguars, per source. League informed the team no, that it’s one game per player per week.

well see if he plays tonight that'll be a tip off something is imminent that JR is going somewhere

9 minutes ago, xen said:

I could live with that.

Cept it might take:

jags get

Chiefs 2020 1st

Cards 2020 1st

Cards first probably be a high pick.  Don't see them pulling the trigger on that.

Maybe Cards value Ramsey so much more than Peterson and all that drama he has brought to the team that they would give up that 1st round pick for him?

Maybe:

Cards 2020 1st

Chiefs 2020 2nd