Ramsey

ChiefThunder

11 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

So the Jags defense didnt have to be that good?

Holding the Texans offense to 13 points is pretty compelling. Keeping two straight opponents under 14 is always a very tough thing to do.  And then you consider the Chiefs scored on 7 straight possessions against this same D!  Get us healthy, I think we can handle the role of favorites. For now figure it out enough to not lose our spot at the top of the AFC West the next month. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Holding the Texans offense to 13 points is pretty compelling. Keeping two straight opponents under 14 is always a very tough thing to do.  And then you consider the Chiefs scored on 7 straight possessions against this same D!  Get us healthy, I think we can handle the role of favorites. For now figure it out enough to not lose our spot at the top of the AFC West the next month. 

Yeah I think that first game really shows how special this O can be.  Weather the storm until we can get Hill and Fisher back.

Regarding Patrick Peterson...everything I have read says the Cardinals have zero interest in trading him. Now I'm not a math wizard, but zero seems to be a relatively low number. And yet I keep seeing people say things like "Veach needs to get Peterson".  Did I mention the number zero? I have a good friend who is a die hard Cardinals fan. He says it's not a ploy. Cardinals emphatically do not want to trade PP. He did say that if some team came calling with a ridiculous offer of draft picks then maybe. I guess we should hope Veach does that.😮

37 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Regarding Patrick Peterson...everything I have read says the Cardinals have zero interest in trading him. Now I'm not a math wizard, but zero seems to be a relatively low number. And yet I keep seeing people say things like "Veach needs to get Peterson".  Did I mention the number zero? I have a good friend who is a die hard Cardinals fan. He says it's not a ploy. Cardinals emphatically do not want to trade PP. He did say that if some team came calling with a ridiculous offer of draft picks then maybe. I guess we should hope Veach does that.😮

It's not always up to the team. They make the final decision but not every player wants to remain in a rebuilding team that won't be a contender for anything for a while. They have to build a strong line and fix quite a bit of holes to actually make a push which probably doesn't give Peterson enough time if he wants a ring. 

6 minutes ago, sith13 said:

It's not always up to the team. They make the final decision but not every player wants to remain in a rebuilding team that won't be a contender for anything for a while. They have to build a strong line and fix quite a bit of holes to actually make a push which probably doesn't give Peterson enough time if he wants a ring. 

These guys, in their prime earning years,  that claim they want to win more than money is a MYTH. The guys hanging on for one more year or two...MAYBE.

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

These guys, in their prime earning years,  that claim they want to win more than money is a MYTH. The guys hanging on for one more year or two...MAYBE.

IF they are above average ..say aPP type of player ..their best best to be in the HOF  if that is their desire is to be on a SB winning team so that may come into play.

Review many HOFrs and the last gold star to their resume was that their team won a SB.. other than that you'd have to be derned near the GOAT of that position in the years played..a Tony G type of player

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

IF they are above average ..say aPP type of player ..their best best to be in the HOF  if that is their desire is to be on a SB winning team so that may come into play.

Review many HOFrs and the last gold star to their resume was that their team won a SB.. other than that you'd have to be derned near the GOAT of that position in the years played..a Tony G type of player

Mostly a MYTH. Most of these these guys are already thinking , endorsements, next TV CAREER,  RAP STAR, REALITY SHOW & building their brand at the expense of their teams and fans. They now arrive to the NFL as SEE ME. Spoiled their entire life. Most dont know what reality is. Of course there are a few exceptions. Sad thing is this is now the accepted norm.

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Mostly a MYTH. Most of these these guys are already thinking , endorsements, next TV CAREER,  RAP STAR, REALITY SHOW & building their brand at the expense of their teams and fans. They now arrive to the NFL as SEE ME. Spoiled their entire life. Most dont know what reality is. Of course there are a few exceptions. Sad thing is this is now the accepted norm.

That's just simply not true.  There are almost 1700 active NFL players every year and thousands of guys cycle through the NFL every few years.

The reality is, yes there are guys like that but most NFL players keep their head down and focus on the games.  Most are also very active in charity work and the community, and are I'm sure nice enough guys.

The reality is a small subset of players fit your description, but since that's the players we're paying attention to (by design), I can see why you'd think that.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

That's just simply not true.  There are almost 1700 active NFL players every year and thousands of guys cycle through the NFL every few years.

The reality is, yes there are guys like that but most NFL players keep their head down and focus on the games.  Most are also very active in charity work and the community, and are I'm sure nice enough guys.

The reality is a small subset of players fit your description, but since that's the players we're paying attention to (by design), I can see why you'd think that.

I actually agree with you. Most guys are as you pointed out. We are talking about difference maker, the star players, playing for less money to quote win. 

34 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Has anyone seen any tweets or other evidence that Peterson wants out of Arizona since before they fired their head coach and hired Kingsbury? Another long held belief...that Peterson desperately wants out of Arizona is way overblown. 

Just now, FANATIC said:

I actually agree with you. We are talking about difference maker, the star players, playing for less money to quote win. 

Gotcha.  There are always gonna be guys who are later in their career chasing a ring.  But sure, at least as many want to maximize each contract.

36 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

True, it's a risky business and players could lose their careers very rapidly. However being on a winning team generally gives them a little more shelf life and guys at a high level get paid regardless of where they are. Some lose a little money in contracts if they want to play for a contender but generally make it up and more through endorsements and possible post-retirement careers.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

You're smoking crack

5 hours ago, dhitter said:

There was a report that Card had good talks with Jags about Ramsey....if I were Veach I’d get Cards in the phone and really try to work out a deal for Peterson(will make it easier to trade him if they gain Ramsey).

IF Jags want Two 1st or nothing....

Jags get:

2020 Cards 1st

2020 Chiefs 1st

Cards get:

Ramsey

Chiefs get:

Peterson

Works out for everyone!!!

53 minutes ago, Balto said:

Just saw a report that Ravens offered:

1st, 2nd and Hurst(TE). 

And they turned it down!

Sooooo if true it really does seem they are hard standing at two 1st or nothing.

No way would I want us to go higher than this offer if true. He will hit FA later and they will not get shit other than a comp pick.

6 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Taking care of familt is and should be the top priority of any player. That said players absolutely do at times give hometown or competitive team discounts. But that’s all they are, slight discounts. 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

No way would I want us to go higher than this offer if true. He will hit FA later and they will not get shit other than a comp pick.

We might get him if we have up our next two 1sts. Might.  I’d agree in retrospect that any such move would indeed come with a plan to tag and trade CJ after the season.  It’s a tough call to me if all of this was reality. But the Jags could easily want even more.