Ramsey

ChiefThunder

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

#Chiefs LB Anthony Hitchens restructured base salary is finally in the system. It is $805,000 for 2019. The #Chiefs overall salary cap space per the NFLPA stands at $29,543,583.

9:56 AM - 21 Sep 2019 from Missouri, US

This is why I think we extend Jones and go after a CB. We could sign both of these players easily and front load them both. Heck next year we can get another 30.5 million too next year. This can be done and the Chiefs are setting up for it. What would we need then in the draft or even FA? Another CB opposite of Ramesy or whoever we trade for. Resign Fuller to be the slot CB. I can see maybe a good LB unless we see what we like in Lee or Niemann this year. Might be able to go after a good OL type guys too? Pretty much we wont need much at all and can draft for depth and development even if we give up our first round and whatever picks.

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

This is why I think we extend Jones and go after a CB. We could sign both of these players easily and front load them both. Heck next year we can get another 30.5 million too next year. This can be done and the Chiefs are setting up for it. What would we need then in the draft or even FA? Another CB opposite of Ramesy or whoever we trade for. Resign Fuller to be the slot CB. I can see maybe a good LB unless we see what we like in Lee or Niemann this year. Might be able to go after a good OL type guys too? Pretty much we wont need much at all and can draft for depth and development even if we give up our first round and whatever picks.

Tomorrows game will tell us much. Claiborne is available soon. I have a gut feeling KC is going to be fine without an overpay for a corner. We shall see.

ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown just had Schefter on about Ramsey.

He said JAX approached Ramsey about staying and a contract extension but Ramsey told them he still wants out.

The price just went way down.

We'll just have to be patient, but JAX's hands are tied and they're not getting 2 1s for Ramsey.

24 minutes ago, dksww said:

ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown just had Schefter on about Ramsey.

He said JAX approached Ramsey about staying and a contract extension but Ramsey told them he still wants out.

The price just went way down.

We'll just have to be patient, but JAX's hands are tied and they're not getting 2 1s for Ramsey.

Jags can tag the guy etc. Ramsey can choose to not get paid. Jags are in the drivers seat. Probably would get a better trade offer in the off season.

On 9/16/2019 at 6:16 PM, Balto said:

Plus Fuller will be a FA after this year and will get overpaid I'm sure.  I'd rather throw that money at Ramsey and also have Fitzpatrick on his rookie deal still.

Anyone who shows up to training camp in a Brinks truck is not somebody we need on our team destroying our esprit and chemistry.  I don't care how good he is.  We get more serviceable CB when Claiborn comes after week 5. Say no to Ramsay.

20 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Anyone who shows up to training camp in a Brinks truck is not somebody we need on our team destroying our esprit and chemistry.  I don't care how good he is.  We get more serviceable CB when Claiborn comes after week 5. Say no to Ramsay.

Agree

6 hours ago, FANATIC said:

No. WE are seeing that the Clark deal is looking like a huge overpay. Dont need to make another huge mistake.

They paid Clark exactly what the market dictates for a top DE entering his prime. And he had a sack and 4 QBs pressures today. Adding a defender of his caliber isn't a huge mistake. I dont know what you are seeing, but today I saw someone who was playing his ass off and giving the QB a lot of trouble. 

6 hours ago, SEMO said:

Give them two 1s.  The secondary was not good today and a real offense will torch them.

Take away a couple fluke prayers that were caught and Jackson would have had  about 200 yards passing. Secondary played well today. Easily the best start of the year for our DBs. No idea why you think the Ravens offense isnt a "real offense". They were the number 1 rated offense in football coming in to today. 

On 9/22/2019 at 2:17 AM, FANATIC said:

Tomorrows game will tell us much. Claiborne is available soon. I have a gut feeling KC is going to be fine without an overpay for a corner. We shall see.

We don't have anyone under contract beyond 2019 besides Ward so they'll have to trade for one or overpay in FA while drafting a few. I think all the talk about a CB might be including 2020 while simply upgrading this year. 

8:41 am  9/23/2019

Jacksonville Jaguars star cornerback Jalen Ramsey, who requested a trade last week, called the team Sunday night to inform them that he is sick and will be unable to practice Monday, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Ramsey, who thinks he has the flu, still wants to be traded and may not practice at all this week, sources tell Schefter. The Jaguars are not interested in trading Ramsey, according to sources, setting up a standoff with the two-time Pro Bowler.

Jaguars owner Shad Khan is leading the organization's stance on Ramsey's trade request, according to sources.

Arrowhead Addict: The secondary deserves some credit

Did you know opposing quarterbacks average a QB rating of 49.6 against the Chiefs’ secondary? It’s the same secondary that has only given up only 4 passing touchdowns in 3 games. It’s also the same secondary that locks up routes long enough to allow the line to pick up 13 QB hits and 6 sacks in just over 3 games, which is the same exact secondary that has picked up had 15 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and recovered one fumble.

Despite what the analyst have been saying, Kansas City’s secondary is not the problem for their defense. As a matter of fact, the secondary, more often than not, has bailed Kansas City out, picking up the tackles that the line misses while making sure offenses can not finish long plays off in the end zone.

Kansas City’s pass defense had a chance to prove themselves in Sunday’s game, and they played like they’d heard all the rumors about Jalen Ramsey. Keeping Lamar Jackson to a mere 51% completion rate from the field (that number becomes much lower if you factor out the miracle plays made by his wide receivers) was clearly frustrating to Jackson. As a matter of fact, the Chief’s secondary had Jackson so confused that he nearly threw interceptions on three separate occasions, just to be dropped by Tyrann Mathieu and Juan Thornhill.

Is Kansas City’s defense perfect? No, they gave up 203 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns and the inaccurate Jackson did put up 267 passing yards. But the secondary exhibited growth from the last couple weeks, which is all it needed to do to settle down the speculation and hate on their play.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

He looks good. Hes played this kind of ball in Washington before. I'm thinking one of him or Fuller gets extended before they even get a chance to hit FA. Veach likes to do this kind of deal before the offseason when the market gets reset.

I think breeland is healthy.

he had brown one on one a couple of times and played him well. He gets good position to counter the other guys speed. He did it against Williams in Oakland too.

im happy this guy is out there. Far cry from the trash we’ve had in the last 5 years.

Just now, Calichief said:

he had brown one on one a couple of times and played him well. He gets good position to counter the other guys speed. He did it against Williams in Oakland too.

im happy this guy is out there. Far cry from the trash we’ve had in the last 5 years.

Actually Nelson is grading out as the 4th highest rated CB in football right now. 🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I don't know much about Claiborne, but I am hoping he will provide something, too.