That Sly Andy

Chiefs claim Greg Senat

Posted by Josh Alper on September 16, 2019, 5:12 PM ED

The Chiefs play the Ravens in Week Three and they added a former Baltimore player to their roster to kick off the week.

Offensive lineman Greg Senat was waived by the Ravens on Saturday to make room for cornerback Maurice Canady and the Chiefs announced that they’ve claimed him on Monday. Defensive lineman Joey Ivie was waived in a corresponding move.

Senat was a 2018 sixth-round pick and spent his rookie season on injured reserve with a foot injury. He did not appear in Baltimore’s Week One win over the Dolphins, so has no regular season experience.

The timing of the move plays into the angle of getting information about an upcoming opponent, but the Chiefs also saw left tackle Eric Fisher aggravate a groin injury during Sunday’s win over the Raiders so some healthy help on the offensive line would be welcome this week.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs will face adversity. Lamar looks like he worked hard in the offseason on accuracy. He looks like the real deal. Huge test for both teams. Well find out a lot this weekend.

I'll be there.  My oldest son is taking me as a belated father's day present.  Really looking forward to it.  It's like full circle.  My dad took me to all the games at old Municipal Stadium in 1969 when we won our only Superbowl and then for four years after that.  Then I was gone to Atlanta for 5 years. By the time I got back to KC, the Chiefs stunk, but my fanship was set.  I could never miss watching a game after that but only went to a game usually only once per season.  Now its 46 years later, and we have the best QB in football.

13 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I hope Fisher can go.  Otherwise, we will have to use up our run blockers protecting Mahomes again, and our RB's will be stymied again.

Fisher being out would be advantage Ravens.

Everyone talks about the 2nd qtr but not scoring in the 3rd and 4th.

5 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

On the flip side we held the opposing team to no points for 3 quarters. It was not close even when we did not score. One could also look at the kevel of play both of us have faced too. Arizona gave you a run for the money. Jax has a really good defense etc.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

On the flip side we held the opposing team to no points for 3 quarters. It was not close even when we did not score. One could also look at the kevel of play both of us have faced too. Arizona gave you a run for the money. Jax has a really good defense etc.

Even on the TD drive, 43 of 74 yards was on the PI call.  The defense looks night and day better then last year and our defensive line rotation helps a ton in that as well.  We also didn't even see any exotic blitz packages which we could start to unleash on LJ this week.

14 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

We had 5 possessions in the second half, one we fumbled in the red zone and another we had a long TD pass called back, one we were in Oakland territory and punted on a short 4th down which in a close game we most likely go for and the last drive we went into victory formation at the Oakland 23.  We went conservative sitting on the big lead with a backup LT in to protect the MVP and still drove the ball well.  If you watched the game, you would see that, if you did watch it, then you clearly missed it.

18 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

We had 5 possessions in the second half, one we fumbled in the red zone and another we had a long TD pass called back, one we were in Oakland territory and punted on a short 4th down which in a close game we most likely go for and the last drive we went into victory formation at the Oakland 23.  We went conservative sitting on the big lead with a backup LT in to protect the MVP and still drove the ball well.  If you watched the game, you would see that, if you did watch it, then you clearly missed it.

Have not watched it yet. Been too busy with a side project in the evenings this week. Will try tonight.

49 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Arizona's Air Raid Offense gave us fits- no way to prepare adequately. We had a lot of communication issues on the back end. Az has some good young WR's and the scheme was sound.

9 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Arizona's Air Raid Offense gave us fits- no way to prepare adequately. We had a lot of communication issues on the back end. Az has some good young WR's and the scheme was sound.

Well we have a really good QB and WRs etc too along with a very good play making caller at head coach position. So we will see just how it looks come Sunday on both sides.

Just now, kkuenn said:

Well we have a really good QB and WRs etc too along with a very good play making caller at head coach position. So we will see just how it looks come Sunday on both sides.

Pretty sure they did not have an active TE last week- all sets were 4 and 5 wide receivers. No one helping to block and chip. Secondary was bombarded.

I'll give you my thoughts on Sunday's game later in the week after the injury report comes out.