Chris Jones: for the record

Wanted to be on the record, consistent with what i said all offseason, i would have payed chris jones. 

I think its clear, with all the rumors of trading for a cb, that it looks like chris jones will be tagged and traded this offseason. I hope im wrong.

So for the record i would have layed the aaron donald deal in front of jones this offseason and never traded and given frank clarke his deal. That is how i would have allocated my defensive funds.

I will state again i dont believe edge rushers make a big difference in todays nfl, the good qbs get the ball out too quickly.

interior rush, however, will always be effective, and there are only a handful of those guys in the league, and when you have one you dont let them go.

I’ll be surprised if Chris Jones isn’t extended during the season from what I’m hearing. They want him here and he wants to be here.

One of the main things coming out of Arrowhead today about Ramsey is we would likely pass unless he drops demand for new contract.  We are set to pay a corner through 2021. But not beyond. It’s why we need draft picks and Veach to hit on them. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

With the way we have spent money lately some players will have to leave. Due to position I imagine Jones would stay but it all depends on what he wants and what his market value would be in a tag & trade. 

On the plus side with tyreek signed, jones and mahomes are the only two players on the roster that are must resigns in my opinion. If you look at it that way getting two deals done should be doable 

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

On the plus side with tyreek signed, jones and mahomes are the only two players on the roster that are must resigns in my opinion. If you look at it that way getting two deals done should be doable 

Mahomes is a no brainer but his contract will likely require us to free up some cap going forward. Not sure how the new CBA will shape up but if it turns out like the current one we'll need to send a few big contract guys packing rather soon. 

Jones is a beast on the line and probably should have been signed by now. Not sure what the gap is between his demands and the team's offer.