Really excited for this game, I think it may be one of the games of the year.

I think the game will be different this year- no Tyreek Hill, so Eric Weddle, etc....

Will the improved Chiefs defense be enough to stop the improved Ravens Offense? I believe the Ravens Offense will make the Chiefs D look worse than last year. LJ8's improvement as a passer combined with his ability to run, adding Mark Ingram as a feature back, the speed of Justice Hill (Fastest RB at the combine) and then the speed of Marquis Brown and the emergence of Mark Andrews as Kelce type TE will present too many headaches for Spags.

I also think the Ravens Defense, which is a lot faster than last years, can limit the Chiefs WR's and force FG's- MVPat was able to scramble around a lot last year but being limited on the bad ankle, I think the faster defense can get to him. We hit him 15 times last year and sacked him twice; Fisher is Questionable. Having Earl Thomas in the secondary makes up for Jimmy Smith being out. He is an upgrade over Weddle's Beard.

Chiefs Secondary is a weakness; Honey Badger hasn't really played all that well from what I have seen. Gardner Minshew passed for 122.5 rating and 275 ( que the "Garbage Time" cries)

Chiefs pass rush is solid- how they do vs the Ravens Oline, which is pretty solid, will be a treat. I did notice the LBers are playing pretty well- much improved over last year.

I see this is a great match up and I think the Ravens have a better chance than last year to come out with a win.

Your thoughts? (I know; the Chiefs will score 67,000 pts and Mahomes passes for 4,000 yds in this game alone)

😁

Chiefs won't lose at home.  Like so many other NFL games, the team with the best QB usually wins.  

I do think it will be close again.  High scoring game duh.

The big thing will be how our safeties hold up over the top and how we handle the tight end.  I don't see us limiting LJ that much if he wants to run but I could see us limiting the pass somewhat.  Not a big enough sample size to know how the D will react.

I think our line will be much improved with a couple weeks of real football already done. If we don't blunder like the first quarter of the Raiders this one will not be as close as last year's game. Jackson has some athletic ability but will need to air it out to stay in the game and he doesn't seem to be accurate enough on the move, he'll definitely move some chains with his feet but our line looked good setting the edge so we won't see a lot of it. As long as our DBs don't give up some big plays we should win easily. 

It will be very good for us. It’s time for a legit contender as an opponent. You don’t want to think you are good enough because you beat up on a couple of 6-10 teams. 

We are not good enough right now and this will help us get better whether we win or lose. I expect a high scoring game and probably a loss.

Close game in the first half.  KC pulls away in the second half.  

I think Jackson will be a good QB in this league, if he stays healthy.  If this game were later in the year, I would give him a better shot.  But, this being the home opener, the noise will be stifling.  

37-24 KC

weather looks to be iffy so that'll have to be taken into account..unfortunately I'll be at a visitation  for an very long time friend  and my Chiefs experience will be driving  into KC  with pre game traffic and leaving with post game traffic.

this will be a great test for the Chiefs and predict another nail biter

I  want see how the run D holds up against a team that can and will run the ball and try and control the clock.   Can the D make the Ravens one dimensional and force LJ to beat them.   

If Fisher is still out and Pats mobility isn’t back to full,  it could be tough sledding against a solid D.   I could see this being the game where the 26 points streak is broken. 

24 to 20 KC.   

I have zero idea how good the Ravens are. So far they have played the worst NFL team this past decade and the team that had the #1 draft pick last year meaning they were the worst. Rookie head coach and QB? I think this will be a good test for both teams but I am confident the Chiefs will win. Yes Mahomes is that special!

Chiefs win. We have played 2 road games, one against a tough defense with a new qb no one had anything on. Say all you want about his stats but his average depth throw to what his receivers ran was just 5.5 yards. Talk about dink and dunk.

We also have a new defense that is only getting better.  I think Spags has been playing relatively safe as we go along but he also is the key. Spags adjusted in the game after the 1st quarter. We wont wait until half to adjust the one time on defense and pray it works. I think this will be a good test, his first this year, for LJ. How will he play if you are down and playing catch up? Looking forward to our dfirst home game and we win this one.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Really excited for this game, I think it may be one of the games of the year.

I think the game will be different this year- no Tyreek Hill, so Eric Weddle, etc....

Will the improved Chiefs defense be enough to stop the improved Ravens Offense? I believe the Ravens Offense will make the Chiefs D look worse than last year. LJ8's improvement as a passer combined with his ability to run, adding Mark Ingram as a feature back, the speed of Justice Hill (Fastest RB at the combine) and then the speed of Marquis Brown and the emergence of Mark Andrews as Kelce type TE will present too many headaches for Spags.

I also think the Ravens Defense, which is a lot faster than last years, can limit the Chiefs WR's and force FG's- MVPat was able to scramble around a lot last year but being limited on the bad ankle, I think the faster defense can get to him. We hit him 15 times last year and sacked him twice; Fisher is Questionable. Having Earl Thomas in the secondary makes up for Jimmy Smith being out. He is an upgrade over Weddle's Beard.

Chiefs Secondary is a weakness; Honey Badger hasn't really played all that well from what I have seen. Gardner Minshew passed for 122.5 rating and 275 ( que the "Garbage Time" cries)

Chiefs pass rush is solid- how they do vs the Ravens Oline, which is pretty solid, will be a treat. I did notice the LBers are playing pretty well- much improved over last year.

I see this is a great match up and I think the Ravens have a better chance than last year to come out with a win.

Your thoughts? (I know; the Chiefs will score 67,000 pts and Mahomes passes for 4,000 yds in this game alone)

😁

weird, I read this as Ravens offense is great, Ravens defense is great, Chiefs offense isn't as good, Chiefs defense isn't as good oh but please all you chiefs fan on a chiefs board don't give your homer thoughts... 🙄

21 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

weird, I read this as Ravens offense is great, Ravens defense is great, Chiefs offense isn't as good, Chiefs defense isn't as good oh but please all you chiefs fan on a chiefs board don't give your homer thoughts... 🙄

Well, we know that some will say that. The sarcasm was strong.

Most people do not realize that Ravens' O-Coordinator Greg Roman was behind the 49ers mastermind Kaperjack offense in their early greatness. He had a small stint with Buffalo when Tyrod was the QB.

Jackson, is a way better thrower of the ball than QuackerJack and a better runner. The offense has evolved much more since then. Mark Ingram is your Frank Gore in this case. Mark Andrews is good but no Vernon Davis in his prime. It's built on RPO and a mobile QB is necessary. Ravens will put up some points against the Chiefs but will it be enough?

Chiefs 34

Crows 26

😏

Bob Fescoe on Baltimore radio:

-Fisher being out coupled with MVPat's ankle could be problematic

-Chiefs Defense is better than last year. How much, time will tell.

-Home Opener will be tough but LJ played here last year so who knows what affect it will have.

-Playing against the Ravens defense is always a test

-MVPat is even better than last year. One pace to beat last year; nothing too big for him.

-LJ8 is a vastly improved passer, remarkable what he has done.

-Chiefs 31-Ravens 28 with it coming down the last minute like last year.