39 minutes ago, dksww said:

This is the first real test BAL has had all year.  They've played 2 of the worst teams in the league and had to hold on to beat ARI at home last week.

Chiefs haven't played the best of teams either, but both games were on the road and were blowouts.

BAL gave up 350 yards to a rookie QB so I can imagine Mahomes having a good day.  Chiefs defense isn't a top 10 unit, but it's not the disaster it was the past 2 years.

31-21 KC.

😁

33 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

What will help us tremendously is that Murray and the coach who couldn't even go above .500 with Mahomes in college dusted the Ravens supposedly faster and better defense to the tune of 349 yards.  Old man Fitz who is now 78 years old went over 100 by himself.  So now that same defense goes on the road against the MVP QB in the same air raid system with better offensive weapons, hmmmmmm.....

Dusted? Murray is the #1 overall pick- nothing I ashamed of- but what did they score?

Fitstragic was 14 of 29 for 185....wow- set the world on fire, did he?

MVPat threw for 377 last year- it netted 2 TDs and an INT and it took OT to win by 3.

The Cardinals used zero TE's- when the brought in a RB they went 4 Wide, took him off and went 5 wide...

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Dusted? Murray is the #1 overall pick- nothing I ashamed of- but what did they score?

Fitstragic was 14 of 29 for 185....wow- set the world on fire, did he?

MVPat threw for 377 last year- it netted 2 TDs and an INT and it took OT to win by 3.

The Cardinals used zero TE's- when the brought in a RB they went 4 Wide, took him off and went 5 wide...

Weird, I made no mention of the fins, don’t know why you brought him up.  Murray is the first overall pick but this is his second game ever, first road game and he threw for 349, that should have you concerned.  If not, I hope your D is just as overconfident because it’s not like you are going to see the exact same gameplan the Chiefs had last year against you all.  Also Mahomes as shocking as it might be has improved since that game last year with more and more experience he gets including playoff games and starting off this year with two tough road games compared to two cupcakes who will be drafting in the first 5 picks....

11 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Weird, I made no mention of the fins, don’t know why you brought him up.  Murray is the first overall pick but this is his second game ever, first road game and he threw for 349, that should have you concerned.  If not, I hope your D is just as overconfident because it’s not like you are going to see the exact same gameplan the Chiefs had last year against you all.  Also Mahomes as shocking as it might be has improved since that game last year with more and more experience he gets including playoff games and starting off this year with two tough road games compared to two cupcakes who will be drafting in the first 5 picks....

You first two opponents weren't the cream of the crop either. a 6th rd draft pick in his first NFL game was 22 of 25 for 275 yds vs your new D. (Cue the garbage time comments)

No one, especially me, has ever said Mahomes is the same player as last year. That comment doesn't make sense. Apply it to Lamar- he will be starting his 11th game as a starter- Mahomes has 21-22 starts? Lamar is much improved over last year with better WR's, TE's and RB's and a better OC in Roman. Our defense is even better.

56 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

You first two opponents weren't the cream of the crop either. a 6th rd draft pick in his first NFL game was 22 of 25 for 275 yds vs your new D. (Cue the garbage time comments)

No one, especially me, has ever said Mahomes is the same player as last year. That comment doesn't make sense. Apply it to Lamar- he will be starting his 11th game as a starter- Mahomes has 21-22 starts? Lamar is much improved over last year with better WR's, TE's and RB's and a better OC in Roman. Our defense is even better.

I don't think you want to be comparing our first two opponents.  First off the Jags defense is still in the top tier of defenses in the NFL.  They didn't look like it against KC but for some reason (MVP) KC has that impact on teams.  If you want to look at how good the Jags D is, take a look at week 2 where they go into Houston and hold the explosive Texans offense to 13 points (also played without their second best CB Bouye and their top pass rusher Yannick who both played against the Chiefs).  Raiders are the Raiders but they're clearly head and shoulders above Miami and can't discount their week 1 performance against Denver.  Carr was 22-26 for 269 yards and 1 TD (no INT's) against that Denver D and clearly had more trouble against the Chiefs D so you can't ignore our improvement.  We aren't the 85 Bears but we also aren't the sieve that we were last year, just look at how we actually have in game adjustments in the Raiders game after giving up a quick 10.  Also our running game is MUCH improved over last year which is something different that you will see.

You act like we are going to see a defense we've never seen before but that is clearly false....

12 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

12 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Kyler Murray is going to be a great QB, but lighting it up on the road behind a bad offensive line probably shouldn't have happened...

3. Although the Cardinals (0-1-1) kept settling for field goals, Murray played well considering he was constantly hounded by the Ravens defense, but that was due in large part to the Arizona wideouts. Often times lining up with a minimum of four wide receivers, the group was sure-handed and bailed out some of Murray's errant throws. The ball was distributed equally in Kliff Kingsbury's Air Raid offense, with Larry Fitzgerald (5 receptions, 104 yards) and Christian Kirk (6 receptions, 114 yards) leading the group. Damiere Byrd also had himself a productive day catching six balls for 45 yards, and rookie KeeSean Johnson created a big play to extend a drive late in the game. Murray ended up with 349 yards passing with no interceptions but failed to get the offense into the end zone through the air. Growing pains were something expected for the rookie QB and head coach, but the talented receiving corps was a highlight to an otherwise inconsistent offense.

-- Michael Baca

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

3. Although the Cardinals (0-1-1) kept settling for field goals, Murray played well considering he was constantly hounded by the Ravens defense, but that was due in large part to the Arizona wideouts. Often times lining up with a minimum of four wide receivers, the group was sure-handed and bailed out some of Murray's errant throws. The ball was distributed equally in Kliff Kingsbury's Air Raid offense, with Larry Fitzgerald (5 receptions, 104 yards) and Christian Kirk (6 receptions, 114 yards) leading the group. Damiere Byrd also had himself a productive day catching six balls for 45 yards, and rookie KeeSean Johnson created a big play to extend a drive late in the game. Murray ended up with 349 yards passing with no interceptions but failed to get the offense into the end zone through the air. Growing pains were something expected for the rookie QB and head coach, but the talented receiving corps was a highlight to an otherwise inconsistent offense.

-- Michael Baca

It's too bad we don't have any offensive threats like Arizona... 🤣

Maybe it's bias or maybe the entire NFL will agree with me but I'm going to guess Kelce/Watkins/D. Rob/Hardman and whichever of D. Will or McCoy that play will be a little bit more talented than the Arizona wideouts.  Boy I wonder if Reid saw that work for Arizona and might replicate it with his own version of plays which if you haven't heard he does quite well with.  Oh and that doesn't even include Mahomes distributing the ball to these guys.  

11 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I don't think you want to be comparing our first two opponents.  First off the Jags defense is still in the top tier of defenses in the NFL.  They didn't look like it against KC but for some reason (MVP) KC has that impact on teams.  If you want to look at how good the Jags D is, take a look at week 2 where they go into Houston and hold the explosive Texans offense to 13 points (also played without their second best CB Bouye and their top pass rusher Yannick who both played against the Chiefs).  Raiders are the Raiders but they're clearly head and shoulders above Miami and can't discount their week 1 performance against Denver.  Carr was 22-26 for 269 yards and 1 TD (no INT's) against that Denver D and clearly had more trouble against the Chiefs D so you can't ignore our improvement.  We aren't the 85 Bears but we also aren't the sieve that we were last year, just look at how we actually have in game adjustments in the Raiders game after giving up a quick 10.  Also our running game is MUCH improved over last year which is something different that you will see.

You act like we are going to see a defense we've never seen before but that is clearly false....

Okay- you justify what you want.

Doesn't matter- the Ravens offense still had to go execute against the Miami Dolphins . The Running back playing Qb was outstanding with a perfect Passer rating, 5 tds, no INTS and 324 yds passing. Running game rolled up 265 yds. LJ had 6.

Your running game is suffering- Williams is hurt, McCoy won't be 100%. 31 yds rushing vs the raiders 28th rush defense?

The Raiders shut out your offense for 3 quarters. Mahomes couldn't move after the injury.

7 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Don't know what he said but if another poster would have made the comment would he have gotten banned, just curious 🤷‍♂️

How can you ban what you don't see?

2 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

It's too bad we don't have any offensive threats like Arizona... 🤣

Maybe it's bias or maybe the entire NFL will agree with me but I'm going to guess Kelce/Watkins/D. Rob/Hardman and whichever of D. Will or McCoy that play will be a little bit more talented than the Arizona wideouts.  Boy I wonder if Reid saw that work for Arizona and might replicate it with his own version of plays which if you haven't heard he does quite well with.  Oh and that doesn't even include Mahomes distributing the ball to these guys.  

Where did I say that? I fully expect Andy to incorporate some of the same concepts that Az threw at us. Makes sense, but AZ never had a TE on the field- min 4 WR's on every offensive play (plus a RB), 5 WRs most times. So do you make Kelce a WR along with Hardman, Watkins, DRob? What about Fisher being out? No help on the oline with a TE? Is Bell a good blocker?

Ravens hit Mahomes the most of any team last year- 15 QB hits, 2 sacks. And that was with Fisher at LT and Hill at WR. this Ravens defense is faster up front and in the middle than last years.

Dig a little deeper.