1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Where did I say that? I fully expect Andy to incorporate some of the same concepts that Az threw at us. Makes sense, but AZ never had a TE on the field- min 4 WR's on every offensive play (plus a RB), 5 WRs most times. So do you make Kelce a WR along with Hardman, Watkins, DRob? What about Fisher being out? No help on the oline with a TE? Is Bell a good blocker?

Ravens hit Mahomes the most of any team last year- 15 QB hits, 2 sacks. And that was with Fisher at LT and Hill at WR. this Ravens defense is faster up front and in the middle than last years.

Dig a little deeper.

Just want to make sure I'm clear

Your offense is much improved, your defense is much faster and improved

Chiefs defense is still awful so we clearly haven't improved.  Chiefs offense can't replicate a team like AZ's offense because we don't go 4 wide.  Got it, and I'm the one digging.  Keep trying to justify it all you want, there's no point talking/debating with you. 

2 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

It's too bad we don't have any offensive threats like Arizona... 🤣

Maybe it's bias or maybe the entire NFL will agree with me but I'm going to guess Kelce/Watkins/D. Rob/Hardman and whichever of D. Will or McCoy that play will be a little bit more talented than the Arizona wideouts.  Boy I wonder if Reid saw that work for Arizona and might replicate it with his own version of plays which if you haven't heard he does quite well with.  Oh and that doesn't even include Mahomes distributing the ball to these guys.  

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Okay- you justify what you want.

Doesn't matter- the Ravens offense still had to go execute against the Miami Dolphins . The Running back playing Qb was outstanding with a perfect Passer rating, 5 tds, no INTS and 324 yds passing. Running game rolled up 265 yds. LJ had 6.

Your running game is suffering- Williams is hurt, McCoy won't be 100%. 31 yds rushing vs the raiders 28th rush defense?

The Raiders shut out your offense for 3 quarters. Mahomes couldn't move after the injury.

Is anything here absurdly wrong? ^^^^

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Where did I say that? I fully expect Andy to incorporate some of the same concepts that Az threw at us. Makes sense, but AZ never had a TE on the field- min 4 WR's on every offensive play (plus a RB), 5 WRs most times. So do you make Kelce a WR along with Hardman, Watkins, DRob? What about Fisher being out? No help on the oline with a TE? Is Bell a good blocker?

Ravens hit Mahomes the most of any team last year- 15 QB hits, 2 sacks. And that was with Fisher at LT and Hill at WR. this Ravens defense is faster up front and in the middle than last years.

Dig a little deeper.

You are ignoring what I write. Second comment wasn't meant as a slight- I certainly did not mean "Dig your hole a little deeper". I meant dig into why AZ had success

26 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Just want to make sure I'm clear

Your offense is much improved, your defense is much faster and improved

Chiefs defense is still awful so we clearly haven't improved.  Chiefs offense can't replicate a team like AZ's offense because we don't go 4 wide.  Got it, and I'm the one digging.  Keep trying to justify it all you want, there's no point talking/debating with you. 

Nothing I wrote suggests anything of the such. Stop taking things so personally. Its my opinion formed on others analysis.

Lighten up, Francis

this is going to be a heavy weight fight. everyone seems to think the kc d is still garbage. nobody knows because it’s only two games. same goes for ravens d. they have always been good but it’s only a two game sample. on paper both defenses should be better than last year. as far as offense, ravens have acquired speed along with a TE. very similar to the chiefs. both defenses are going to be stressed. both teams have top special teams as well. it will come down to which coaching staff can figure out there opposition the quickest defensively and offensely. simple as that. if ravens shut down our running game can we still roll? what if the chiefs shut down the ravens run game can they still roll? 

let’s see if spags can earn his pay check because the kc d is the key to this game. 

by the way sports illustrated has a great article on this game. 

8 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

this is going to be a heavy weight fight. everyone seems to think the kc d is still garbage. nobody knows because it’s only two games. same goes for ravens d. they have always been good but it’s only a two game sample. on paper both defenses should be better than last year. as far as offense, ravens have acquired speed along with a TE. very similar to the chiefs. both defenses are going to be stressed. both teams have top special teams as well. it will come down to which coaching staff can figure out there opposition the quickest defensively and offensely. simple as that. if ravens shut down our running game can we still roll? what if the chiefs shut down the ravens run game can they still roll? 

let’s see if spags can earn his pay check because the kc d is the key to this game. 

by the way sports illustrated has a great article on this game. 

I believe this Chiefs defense matches up better than last year's Father Time defense. We will be able to get more stops hopefully giving more chances for our offense to work.

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

3. Although the Cardinals (0-1-1) kept settling for field goals, Murray played well considering he was constantly hounded by the Ravens defense, but that was due in large part to the Arizona wideouts. Often times lining up with a minimum of four wide receivers, the group was sure-handed and bailed out some of Murray's errant throws. The ball was distributed equally in Kliff Kingsbury's Air Raid offense, with Larry Fitzgerald (5 receptions, 104 yards) and Christian Kirk (6 receptions, 114 yards) leading the group. Damiere Byrd also had himself a productive day catching six balls for 45 yards, and rookie KeeSean Johnson created a big play to extend a drive late in the game. Murray ended up with 349 yards passing with no interceptions but failed to get the offense into the end zone through the air. Growing pains were something expected for the rookie QB and head coach, but the talented receiving corps was a highlight to an otherwise inconsistent offense.

-- Michael Baca

I watched everyone of his pass attempts on Youtube yesterday, there is only 1 pass attempt the entire game where Kyler Murray wasn't under serious duress by the Ravens defense.  He was hit on almost every single pass play.

18 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

I watched everyone of his pass attempts on Youtube yesterday, there is only 1 pass attempt the entire game where Kyler Murray wasn't under serious duress by the Ravens defense.  He was hit on almost every single pass play.

Murray seems to have a style we've not seen in the league. It's like a mix between Doug Flutie & Russell Wilson. He's gonna be the real deal.

I “know“ that we’re going to win this game and I know that Mahomes is better than Jackson. But given their defense and Fisher and Hill being out, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get the win and the stats look better for Lamar. We have a better offense, but they have a better defense. We are home so I don’t know how that effects stats but I know it helps us win in the regular season at least. But I also know Mahomes has been great everywhere, on the road and at home. 

Kansas City Chiefs

Either Damien Williams or LeSean McCoy has been the Chiefs' featured back on 119 of 129 plays this season (92%). Neither participated in practice Wednesday, Williams because of a knee injury and McCoy because of a sore ankle. Darrel Williams and rookie Darwin Thompson, who between them have 10 plays this season, would be in line to get the work at running back Sunday against the Ravens if Williams and McCoy don't play. Thompson, a sixth-round draft pick, was impressive in training camp and the preseason and looked like he would get a portion of the work in the regular season until the Chiefs signed McCoy. Coach Andy Reid said he wants to make sure Thompson knows his assignments as a pass-blocker before he gets a lot of playing time. "As long as I feel like he knows what he's doing, I'm good with it,'' Reid said. "He'll stick it up in there and hit you. It's just a matter of seeing it. He's young, so he hasn't seen everything there is to see. He's getting there. I feel comfortable with him in there.'' -- Adam Teicher

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

Murray seems to have a style we've not seen in the league. It's like a mix between Doug Flutie & Russell Wilson. He's gonna be the real deal.

For sure.  I would go even further and say he's a mix between Flutie, Vick, and Favre.  Cannon arm, ridiculous agility, RB speed, and a gunslinger mentality.

2 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

The Cardinals probably have the worst offensive line in football. So that does make sense. 

2 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

He's definitely the real deal. Everything Lamar Jackson is with a better more accurate arm. He's just really small and I think he's gonna have a hard time with injuries. 

Florio-

As the Chiefs prepare to host the Ravens on Sunday, the home team may not have its top running back.

Damien Williams has missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday with a knee injury.

Williams, in two 2019 starts, has only 34 yards rushing on 22 carries, an average of 1.5 yards per carry. He became the top option in the running game last year, after the Chiefs abruptly dumped Kareem Hunt.

LeSean McCoy didn’t practice on Wednesday with an ankle injury. He was expected to practice on Thursday, and he could have a key role in Sunday’s game plan.

16 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

He's definitely the real deal. Everything Lamar Jackson is with a better more accurate arm. He's just really small and I think he's gonna have a hard time with injuries. 

I think the size will catch up to him at some point. When things get serious QBs need to be ready to take snaps under center or sneak and even rarely block. Not sure if he can do any of them. If he was a bit bigger he would be a can't miss prospect but right now I'm not sure how long he'll last. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think the size will catch up to him at some point. When things get serious QBs need to be ready to take snaps under center or sneak and even rarely block. Not sure if he can do any of them. If he was a bit bigger he would be a can't miss prospect but right now I'm not sure how long he'll last. 

Same things were said about Flutie and he played in a much more physical era as a QB. Wilson is only an inch taller and I believe Brees is just 2? What he will need though is to be able to have a better line and not take all those hits.

19 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Same things were said about Flutie and he played in a much more physical era as a QB. Wilson is only an inch taller and I believe Brees is just 2? What he will need though is to be able to have a better line and not take all those hits.

There are always exceptions but not many people fall under that category. Murray could be the next Wilson but I'm not really sold on him yet. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

There are always exceptions but not many people fall under that category. Murray could be the next Wilson but I'm not really sold on him yet. 

Murray can throw the ball like Wilson only wishes he could, there is no real comparison there other than size.  Kyler Murray has one of the strongest arms in the NFL, and is accurate.

It is really easy for the Ravens to be feeling good about themselves. They have played two of the worst Defenses in the NFL. The Dolphins also have one the worst offenses as well. Arizona's offense almost was enough to beat the Raven's.  I am still concerned. The Raven' s could come in and be legit. And they could be catching us at the right time to beat us. If they are, props to them. ......

However, let's be very clear. This Chiefs team is not a pushover on Defense like it was last year and Mahomes is a better QB with a ton of weapons. Andy Reid will have a lot of stuff that is not on film in store for the Ravens. So don't be surprised if the Ravens find out they are not as good as they think they are. CHIEFS 56- RAVENS 28. 

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

All running QB's at some point get hurt. Defensive players are too big and fast. Chiefs should be looking to punish him every time he runs.

22 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

It is really easy for the Ravens to be feeling good about themselves. They have played two of the worst Defenses in the NFL. The Dolphins also have one the worst offenses as well. Arizona's offense almost was enough to beat the Raven's.  I am still concerned. The Raven' s could come in and be legit. And they could be catching us at the right time to beat us. If they are, props to them. ......

However, let's be very clear. This Chiefs team is not a pushover on Defense like it was last year and Mahomes is a better QB with a ton of weapons. Andy Reid will have a lot of stuff that is not on film in store for the Ravens. So don't be surprised if the Ravens find out they are not as good as they think they are. CHIEFS 56- RAVENS 28. 

The Ravens have a real shot at this one.  The Chiefs are the better team, but with Hill and Fisher out, they're missing two pro bowlers.  Fisher out is especially troublesome to me.  It slows the run options but what's worse, it could cost Mahomes that fraction of a second that means the difference between successful passes and not.  I think Thompson and McCoy can make up for the loss of Williams.

39 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

Even if we are blowing them out, Andy won't run up the score, especially on a friend like Harbaugh.  We've seen that many times before.