6 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Well that changes everything, that half step makes all the difference.  I was wondering why Earl who promised no big plays was nowhere to be found.  He must have seen that play was going to come back and went to the sideline to get some water.

Take the L

LOL- everyone crying about Dee Ford last year should now shut the.......

1 hour ago, xen said:

Picture proves nothing.  Maybe he backed up before the snap.  There are 7 seconds left on the play clock.  😎

I mean the video says otherwise but that could be doctored too.

Andy said today the way the Ravens were lined up on this play he knew it was going to work. Hardman probably saw this too and was ready to jump out of his shoes at the LOS.  Really didn’t matter. They would have thrown flag before the play and we would have crushed it on them 1 play later. Andy and the MVP were just toying with the Ravens D at this point.  

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Just watched clips of Cameron Ervings first quarter. WOW. A complete disaster! He apparently settled down after that which may help explain when the scorefest started. Wylie actually graded out as our best lineman. 

While the eight quarterback hits Mahomes suffered against the Ravens weren’t all Cameron Erving’s fault, he should take responsibility for a lot of them. Erving — filling in for the injured Eric Fisher — was beaten by Ravens pass rushers multiple times and looked like a liability on the offensive line. What was once a strength of the Chiefs offense now looks like one of their biggest weaknesses — and it starts at left tackle.

13 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Started out 6 inches beyond the LOS, ended up 6 yards beyond the defense. 

8.3 yards according to The Athletic.  I agree with Xen.  there's a real possibility that he moved back a step before the snap.  IIRC, that happened a few times yesterday and I assume all players are reminded to check their alignment before the play clock gets critical. 

13 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Jacksons overall is a handful but he looks like an average passer. They will struggle playing from behind with his accuracy issues.  

True dat.  Accuracy, though, is variable day to day with any QB.  Still, Jackson did not look very accurate. He should have hit Marquise Brown for a big one, but he simply missed him. That's what it looked like to me.

13 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Jacksons overall is a handful but he looks like an average passer. They will struggle playing from behind with his accuracy issues.  

True dat.  Accuracy, though, is variable day to day with any QB.  Still, Jackson did not look very accurate. He should have hit Marquise Brown for a big one, but he simply missed him. That's what it looked like to me.

I don't understand why some folks are bashing the Ravens and Jackson in here.

They are a very real threat IMO.  They're tough, physical, and have an absolute playmaker at QB.  Jackson may never need to complete 65% of his passes, that's not his game.  He'll never have the touch or the accuracy of mahomes, but he's smooth in the pocket and he's got a cannon -- and he's terrifying when he's rolling to the right with some space.

There are very few eras of Chiefs football where we wouldn't have traded our QB1 for Jackson...  Nuevo riche.

BTW, I don't think the 4th quarter was garbage time.  Chiefs got outmanned in the 2nd half, especially the 4th.  Right now they're just ahead of everybody -- and they may do that for most of the season -- but they better learn now to close games out; that was a little too close at the end. 

Both of these teams are capable of beating the Patriots.

They were running low on RBs and minus two key players while dealing with off and on rain.  With all that the game was never in doubt IMO.

We'd beat them again at Arrowhead or in Baltimore.  It's not really disparaging the Ravens as much as it's just the fact that the Chiefs are on an whole other level.

Lamar Jackson did not have a good game for the Ravens.  He'll get better, but is still a work in progress at this time.  Not many QB's are beginning as an MVP.

6 hours ago, FANATIC said:

While the eight quarterback hits Mahomes suffered against the Ravens weren’t all Cameron Erving’s fault, he should take responsibility for a lot of them. Erving — filling in for the injured Eric Fisher — was beaten by Ravens pass rushers multiple times and looked like a liability on the offensive line. What was once a strength of the Chiefs offense now looks like one of their biggest weaknesses — and it starts at left tackle.

When was OL a strength? It sure wasn't a weakness but never really something to consider a strength. 

13 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Fords mistake cost us a good chance to make the bowl. Sucks that hardman on the line cost you Sunday.

Point was that it goes BOTH ways sometimes.... regardless of where he lined up, the blown coverage on the play is way worse....he ran free for 20 yds til the pass got there...

6 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

They were running low on RBs and minus two key players while dealing with off and on rain.  With all that the game was never in doubt IMO.

We'd beat them again at Arrowhead or in Baltimore.  It's not really disparaging the Ravens as much as it's just the fact that the Chiefs are on an whole other level.

Lamar Jackson did not have a good game for the Ravens.  He'll get better, but is still a work in progress at this time.  Not many QB's are beginning as an MVP.

Lost in all this is the fact that this was just his 10th NFL start. He will improve.

6 hours ago, Marleydawg said:

They are a very real threat IMO.  They're tough, physical, and have an absolute playmaker at QB.  Jackson may never need to complete 65% of his passes, that's not his game.  He'll never have the touch or the accuracy of mahomes, but he's smooth in the pocket and he's got a cannon -- and he's terrifying when he's rolling to the right with some space.

There are very few eras of Chiefs football where we wouldn't have traded our QB1 for Jackson...  Nuevo riche.

BTW, I don't think the 4th quarter was garbage time.  Chiefs got outmanned in the 2nd half, especially the 4th.  Right now they're just ahead of everybody -- and they may do that for most of the season -- but they better learn now to close games out; that was a little too close at the end. 

Smartest thing I have read all day. Well done.

Objectivity is a beautiful thing.

11 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Andy said today the way the Ravens were lined up on this play he knew it was going to work. Hardman probably saw this too and was ready to jump out of his shoes at the LOS.  Really didn’t matter. They would have thrown flag before the play and we would have crushed it on them 1 play later. Andy and the MVP were just toying with the Ravens D at this point.  

🤣

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

Point was that it goes BOTH ways sometimes.... regardless of where he lined up, the blown coverage on the play is way worse....he ran free for 20 yds til the pass got there...

Sour grapes Hands! Your team lost now man up and move on! Stop trying to find something to complain about. You know as well as everyone on this board Jackson stunk it up in that game the stat line doesn’t show how really bad he was. And don’t tell me I don’t know about Jackson I’m a Louisville fan he was my hero in college.

6 hours ago, Marleydawg said:

Just now, AppalachianChief said:

Sour grapes Hands! Your team lost now man up and move on! Stop trying to find something to complain about. You know as well as everyone on this board Jackson stunk it up in that game the stat line doesn’t show how really bad he was. And don’t tell me I don’t know about Jackson I’m a Louisville fan he was my hero in college.

Obviously you missed the post quoted above yours. Others feel the same way.

Where did I complain? I made a comparison.

I congratulated everyone here on a good game, as I always do- win or lose. Not sure how many beers you had during the game but.....

Its all good- see you in the playoffs hopefully.