1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

Obviously you missed the post quoted above yours. Others feel the same way.

Where did I complain? I made a comparison.

I congratulated everyone here on a good game, as I always do- win or lose. Not sure how many beers you had during the game but.....

Its all good- see you in the playoffs hopefully.

You are funny brother! You come in here and throw your subtle jabs then say oh but at least I said great game Chiefs fans. We all still enjoy you being here it’s not any fun to pick on Wilkie or Oldtimer because they aren’t  “gloom and doom” anymore since Mahomes ball started. 

What’s truly amazing is we piled up over 500 yards and 33 points without LT1, RB1 or WR1.  And it took Andy Reid going into milk the clock mode to hold the offense there.  We are watching something pretty special.  Let’s just hope health smiles on us when it matters, the D continues to develop and Veach can bring in that one extra guy who can help it happen. 

56 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

You are funny brother! You come in here and throw your subtle jabs then say oh but at least I said great game Chiefs fans. We all still enjoy you being here it’s not any fun to pick on Wilkie or Oldtimer because they aren’t  “gloom and doom” anymore since Mahomes ball started. 

There are not subtle. I i know good play when I see it and say so. Wilkie still thinks 8-8 so there's that......

Is rather have LJ than a lot of qbs in this league.  He has a unique skill set and has a high ceiling but is probably another year away if he keeps developing.  I feel great about this win because it was a good team we beat with an explosive offense and strong defense.  That game will help us down the road.

LJ is a good QB.  He didn't have a good game but hey it happens.  The problem with LJ is we've seen this ride before.  He runs too much.  QBs who run that much break down much quicker.  Only a matter of time.  Cam Newton is going through it now.  All those hits eventually add up.  

So I'd say enjoy it while you can ravens fans.

28 minutes ago, xen said:

LJ is a good QB.  He didn't have a good game but hey it happens.  The problem with LJ is we've seen this ride before.  He runs too much.  QBs who run that much break down much quicker.  Only a matter of time.  Cam Newton is going through it now.  All those hits eventually add up.  

So I'd say enjoy it while you can ravens fans.

Looks a ton like RGIII initially to me. Roman has to protect him better than Shanny or he won’t make it through one season.  

29 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Looks a ton like RGIII initially to me. Roman has to protect him better than Shanny or he won’t make it through one season.  

He's a better passer, RGIII was screwed by the Baylor system where he was taught that if his first read wasn't open to take off running.  He never learned to go through progressions in college and never tried to learn it once he did get to the NFL.  No QB will ever survive that...

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

What’s truly amazing is we piled up over 500 yards and 33 points without LT1, RB1 or WR1.  And it took Andy Reid going into milk the clock mode to hold the offense there.  We are watching something pretty special.  Let’s just hope health smiles on us when it matters, the D continues to develop and Veach can bring in that one extra guy who can help it happen. 

I never felt that kind of thing, when I was at the game.  The first quarter was a great concern.  The second was strong, and we gained momentum heading toward halftime.  The second half and some rain took our game style away and, with it,  our momentum. A few exceptional plays kept us in it.  Then we went into milk the clock mode but really had too much time to try make that work comfortably.  The Ravens were catching up and could have beaten us at the end, if not for a single brilliant third and ten play that produced a first down and iced the game.  I was never comfortable or smug about what was going on.  The Ravens are a fine team and could have very well stunned us.  We will absolutely have to fight for our lives to maintain our season momentum until we get Hill, Fisher, and D. Williams back. With a great QB like Mahomes, I think we will.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

The same for me. He doesn't seem to have the intelligence when taking off. Way too competitive for his own good. 

40 minutes ago, sith13 said:

The same for me. He doesn't seem to have the intelligence when taking off. Way too competitive for his own good. 

That's the thing. You have to know when to go down and not fight for that extra few yards. Mahomes does this at times too, just not nearly as much. In fact he was running around the outside about to start blocking for Mecole on a play on Sunday when he came to his sense and did a baseball slide. The Ravens offense itself puts LJ at more risk and it has to because he isn't the passer the MVP is. But LJ can't help create more risk than he has too. 

46 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I never felt that kind of thing, when I was at the game.  The first quarter was a great concern.  The second was strong, and we gained momentum heading toward halftime.  The second half and some rain took our game style away and, with it,  our momentum. A few exceptional plays kept us in it.  Then we went into milk the clock mode but really had too much time to try make that work comfortably.  The Ravens were catching up and could have beaten us at the end, if not for a single brilliant third and ten play that produced a first down and iced the game.  I was never comfortable or smug about what was going on.  The Ravens are a fine team and could have very well stunned us.  We will absolutely have to fight for our lives to maintain our season momentum until we get Hill, Fisher, and D. Williams back. With a great QB like Mahomes, I think we will.

I was also at the game and defintely got the feeling in the 4th quarter the crowd had started to check out and gone into party mode thinking the game was over. Andy Reid went to two tight end sets in the 2nd quarter to help Erving who was miserable in that first quarter and pretty much was responsible for our offensive issues. Once Andy did that the O was unstoppable until he decided to go into milk the clock mode. I'm sure part of that also was to protect the MVP.  Don't get me wrong. The Ravens are a solid team and that's a nice win for us. Much more comfortable than last year despite the injuries and late comeback. At this time of year, everything is a learning experience. You just hope you don't learn lessons that hard way. 

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I was also at the game and defintely got the feeling in the 4th quarter the crowd had started to check out and gone into party mode thinking the game was over. Andy Reid went to two tight end sets in the 2nd quarter to help Erving who was miserable in that first quarter and pretty much was responsible for our offensive issues. Once Andy did that the O was unstoppable until he decided to go into milk the clock mode. I'm sure part of that also was to protect the MVP.  Don't get me wrong. The Ravens are a solid team and that's a nice win for us. Much more comfortable than last year despite the injuries and late comeback. At this time of year, everything is a learning experience. You just hope you don't learn lessons that hard way. 

All true.  Yes, the crowd kind of checked out, but I don't think its because they thought the game was in the bag.  I know for myself, I just could not scream before the snaps to Jackson by that point, because my voice was gone and hurting.  I am guessing that was true of a lot of the crowd. 

Let's be honest.  The Ravens were not as good as we thought they were.  I expected a toughness out of the defense that just wasn't there.  Normally when you play the Ravens you feel like you are in a dogfight, even if you win.  That's gone at least for now.  There was nothing intimidating about them at all.  Disappointing frankly.  I was hoping for better. 

31 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

You didn't know that an entire career is defined by start number 10?  Sheesh what are they puttin in your guys crab cakes???

Old Bay, mayo and some Panko bread crumbs.....anything else and you're doing it wrong...

Oh, and broil, not friend or deep fried....

26 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Let's be honest.  The Ravens were not as good as we thought they were.  I expected a toughness out of the defense that just wasn't there.  Normally when you play the Ravens you feel like you are in a dogfight, even if you win.  That's gone at least for now.  There was nothing intimidating about them at all.  Disappointing frankly.  I was hoping for better. 

Cowherd said: “Baltimore has a chance to be scary. You go look at that box score versus Kansas City –– the fireworks show of the league –– first downs, Baltimore had more. Passing first downs, Baltimore had as many. Fourth down efficiency, Baltimore was better. Total yards, close. Rushing, Baltimore. Rushing, both great. Possession, Baltimore. And that’s in Kansas City facing the best offensive personnel in the league.

“Ninety percent of the teams in the NFL would have walked in there and gotten run over. Baltimore’s offensive line was better than Kansas City’s, their pass rush was more consistent, their running game was better, and their secondary was better. Yes, they couldn’t stop Patrick Mahomes but nobody will for the next decade. Baltimore does what you have to do to beat great quarterbacks, control time off possession and make them watch the game from the sidelines.”

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

Cowherd said: “Baltimore has a chance to be scary. You go look at that box score versus Kansas City –– the fireworks show of the league –– first downs, Baltimore had more. Passing first downs, Baltimore had as many. Fourth down efficiency, Baltimore was better. Total yards, close. Rushing, Baltimore. Rushing, both great. Possession, Baltimore. And that’s in Kansas City facing the best offensive personnel in the league.

“Ninety percent of the teams in the NFL would have walked in there and gotten run over. Baltimore’s offensive line was better than Kansas City’s, their pass rush was more consistent, their running game was better, and their secondary was better. Yes, they couldn’t stop Patrick Mahomes but nobody will for the next decade. Baltimore does what you have to do to beat great quarterbacks, control time off possession and make them watch the game from the sidelines.”

Spit Take GIF - Spit Take Laugh GIFs

Dude clearly didn't watch the game.  By his logic, yesterday Keenum threw for 100 more yards than Trubisky, the Redskins had more total yards and averaged more yards per play, they only lost TOP by 3 minutes so I guess the game was close and Cowherd would think the Redskins should have won right?

If he thinks (and you obviously think the same), piling up yards in the 4th Q when the game is out of reach makes the game even then go ahead and live with that.  Next time I hope you all do keep it closer so Mahomes keeps the foot on the gas the entire time and our D brings the heat and mixes it up on the back end which confused LJ into less than 100 yards passing through 3 quarters (and also 6 possessions) before it his blowout territory.

13 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Is that your assessment of the game?  Really?

14 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

You forgot a major aspect skippy!! THE SCORE and cowturd is a douchebag, wanted the Ravens to win because now all his bullshit he spewed makes him look like an ass kinda like Clinton voters in 2016!!

3 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

The experts are mad that Mahomes, still fresh into the league, makes it look so easy putting up record numbers. Usually there are weaknesses to certain players. Mahomes hasn't flashed a single one. That makes them hold their tongue cuz they aint got shit to say. Dude is that amazing. 

Well said 

16 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

^^^They didn't beat a great QB. Got whipped by a great QB. This post and that post of Hardman on the LOS is entertaining. What's next? Boller is mentoring LJ?