4 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Weird because I kept being told how awful our defense was and how much faster and better the Balt D was and the offense was also so much better.  I must have watched a different game 🤷‍♂️

At least the Tweety Birds went all in. From the outset it was clear that HARBUTT knew they needed to put points on the board vs field goals. Love those 2 point unconversions.

8 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Weird because I kept being told how awful our defense was and how much faster and better the Balt D was and the offense was also so much better.  I must have watched a different game 🤷‍♂️

To be fair keeping Mahomes and the Chiefs at 33 points is much more of a success than giving up 28 points to the Ravens offense. 

I feel like we would have scored 40-50 points had Andy not gone into milk the clock mode.  Run defense was disappointing although again getting up Big was part of that.  

Good to see us get running game going with the backups   Being at the game it was hard to evaluate Erving, but sure looked like the MVP had all day back there 

Jacksons overall is a handful but he looks like an average passer. They will struggle playing from behind with his accuracy issues.  

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

To be fair keeping Mahomes and the Chiefs at 33 points is much more of a success than giving up 28 points to the Ravens offense. 

We were at 30 through 3 quarters and then laid off on the gas.  Even when we punted it was because we had a bad drop by Watkins on 3rd down.  On our FG drive, we ran the ball 7 straight times before a 3rd down incompletion and kicked the FG.  Our only drive after that was the game sealing first down before victory formation.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:38 AM, Handswarmer said:

You first two opponents weren't the cream of the crop either. a 6th rd draft pick in his first NFL game was 22 of 25 for 275 yds vs your new D. (Cue the garbage time comments)

No one, especially me, has ever said Mahomes is the same player as last year. That comment doesn't make sense. Apply it to Lamar- he will be starting his 11th game as a starter- Mahomes has 21-22 starts? Lamar is much improved over last year with better WR's, TE's and RB's and a better OC in Roman. Our defense is even better.

LJ threw for 190 yards after we were up 30-13 in the 4th Q, that's the epitome of garbage time stats.  He had less than 100 yards passing through 3 quarters.  I guess Minshew is better 🤣

6 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

LJ threw for 190 yards after we were up 30-13 in the 4th Q, that's the epitome of garbage time stats.  He had less than 100 yards passing through 3 quarters.  I guess Minshew is better 🤣

Also just for comparison, Mahomes threw for 344 yards in the first 3 Q's putting us up 30-13, only had 30 yards passing in the 4th when he wasn't needed to open it up and we ran the ball to end the Ravens suffering....

9 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

But last year on 4th 9, that was an awesome improvised play?

LOL, you crack me up

I'm not going to get into specifics, throwing to a spot where you are expecting your WR to get to is different then flinging it high in the air as you are about to get taken down or a ball that gets tip/bobbled and your guy lands on his back to catch it. 

Here is the difference though, the play Mahomes made was in a relevant game situation, the plays LJ made were just prolonging the loss since it was during the blowout.

1 minute ago, soonerborn77 said:

I'm not going to get into specifics, throwing to a spot where you are expecting your WR to get to is different then flinging it high in the air as you are about to get taken down or a ball that gets tip/bobbled and your guy lands on his back to catch it. 

Here is the difference though, the play Mahomes made was in a relevant game situation, the plays LJ made were just prolonging the loss since it was during the blowout.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good grief......

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Run defense was disappointing 

I disagree about the run defense.  We basically won because we stopped the two point conversions and the 4th and short attempts.  They deserve credit and were the heroes of the game, as far as I'm concerned.  Getting gashed up the middle by Ingram was a price we were willing to pay to protect the edge and keep Jackson from scrambling.  That left gaps for Ingram.  I take my hat off to Spags and to our obviously better tackiing and speed at the edges.  That is night and day compared to last year.  It doesn't show up in the statistics, but they should get a medal, not criticism. 

As an aside, how about what Butker does for us?  He can also be thought of as the winner of that game.  We are getting jaded about what it means to count on a field goal. I rarely see any posts about it.   It gives Mahomes a willingness to take more chances when he gets to their 30. Looking back to long ago, Len Dawson would be considered an afterthought if it hadn't been for Jan Stenerud...and the Redwood Forest made Dawson great.

8 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

The only thing that trumped how bad that pass was, was how poorly the corner played it. The Ravens played recklessly all game and many of those actually ended up working out. But it smelled a little bit like desperation.  I think our O and the MVP does that to teams. 

Ravens are a solid team though and should easily win that division.  We are just a level better mainly because of our HC-QB duo. 

23 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I disagree about the run defense.  We basically won because we stopped the two point conversions and the 4th and short attempts.  They deserve credit and were the heroes of the game, as far as I'm concerned.  Getting gashed up the middle by Ingram was a price we were willing to pay to protect the edge and keep Jackson from scrambling.  That left gaps for Ingram.  I take my hat off to Spags and to our obviously better tackiing and speed at the edges.  That is night and day compared to last year.  It doesn't show up in the statistics, but they should get a medal, not criticism. 

As an aside, how about what Butker does for us?  He can also be thought of as the winner of that game.  We are getting jaded about what it means to count on a field goal. I rarely see any posts about it.   It gives Mahomes a willingness to take more chances when he gets to their 30. Looking back to long ago, Len Dawson would be considered an afterthought if it hadn't been for Jan Stenerud...and the Redwood Forest made Dawson great.

Good post and the Ravens rushing offense is a challenge for anyone. Pretty spot on theres a price to keeping containment on Jackson outside.  Spags had a good general game plan.  

Butker is a weapon. What I really like is that he doesn’t let rare misses impact his next kick.  

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Run defense was good when it counted. Through 3 games, our defense has made critical stops. Stoped momentum at times, and had timely takeaways. 

Agree they've done what we’ve needed them too. But again we’ve yet to play a high level passer who could expose our corners. Interesting matchup with Stafford this week. 

14 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Good post and the Ravens rushing offense is a challenge for anyone. Pretty spot on theres a price to keeping containment on Jackson outside.  Spags had a good general game plan.  

Butker is a weapon. What I really like is that he doesn’t let rare misses impact his next kick.  

His Fg at the half cost me $120. I had just won the 1st Qtr with R 6 C 0.....bastage