Fisher Having Surgery Thursday; Oh No!

• The title was changed to Fisher Having Surgery Thursday; Oh No!

And of course Andy says.What else can he say? Erving has proved he is not good.

Andy Reid says he's comfortable with Cam Erving at left tackle, but they have flexibility of moving Mitchell Schwartz to the left side. Wouldn't commit to a decision for Sunday yet.

Sounds like RB Damien Williams (knee) will not practice, LeSean McCoy will be limited. Darwin Thompson should be back in the top-team mix this week.

Fanatic: Chiefs should sign CJ Anderson. That Hyde guy looks really good. Maybe Houston would trade him?

23 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

This is not good news and another reason you dont mortgage the future for one guy like RAMSEY. Thats dangerous. Now you have some really not good players at left tackle. SCARY. Next man up is a not good player in KC.

His pass blocking grade Sunday was the highest of any LT in football. That's my concern. Keep them off Mahomes.

28 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Update from #Chiefs head athletic trainer Rick Burkholder: Eric Fisher will undergo core muscle surgery on Thursday.

I've seen nothing confirmed but Ive read that the recovery time from this is about 6-8 weeks. Big blow but again if we can get this team back to health by mid November, we can figure this out enough short term and be okay. If he's lost for the season or something, we have a problem. This weeks game is going to be a handful. 

The Kansas City Chiefs offensive line struggled again in Week 2 against the Oakland Raiders. How concerned should fans be going forward?

Following the Week 1 game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Jacksonville Jaguars, fans have a bigger appreciation for offensive line production. Watching quarterback Patrick Mahomes go intp the medical tent brought a realization that their young star was not invincible. While the extended plays and Mahomes’ patience

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/09/18/film-study-kansas-city-chiefs-offensive-line-struggling-jaguars-raiders/

It's clearly not ideal - losing Fisher for any amount of time.  However, I have faith in Andy to scheme something up to help Erving (or whomever ends up playing there).  TE and RB chips to the pass-rusher on that side is an easy adjustment, so is rolling Pat out - where he thrives.  I didn't see any negative effects of the ankle to prohibit Pat from rolling out/scrambling right and making plays downfield.  Again, not ideal, but until I see differently I don't think the sky is falling either.  

51 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

Most the reports coming out show him 4-6 weeks.  

That's not a disaster. Again the injuries are piling up big time on offense but so far we've got a legit shot to have everyone hurt back by early November. Problem is making sure the MVP doesn't get hurt with young RBs who may not be adept at picking up blitzes, a very questionable LT and a gimpy Mahomes. That's the scary thing now. We may lose a few games we wouldn't have during the period. But I'm not concerned about that. Its being ready for January.