Fisher Having Surgery Thursday; Oh No!

9 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Can trade for Trent Williams who is infinitely better than Fisher.

Wouldn't mind the upgrade, Fisher would bring in a decent pick as well. Mahomes' blind side is probably the most important piece on the team for the foreseeable future. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

He's only out 4-6 weeks. We suck it up and try to maneuver through it. No reason to make a major move. Corner is still the priority!

If we had an option like Stephenson around I wouldn't mind but an unlucky hit on Mahomes could be our season. Wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd or something for an upcoming young swing tackle. 

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

If we had an option like Stephenson around I wouldn't mind but an unlucky hit on Mahomes could be our season. Wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd or something for an upcoming young swing tackle. 

YES KC SHOULD TRADE ALL THEIR PICKS....IF KC CANT WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR THEN WHO CARES. THE END OF THE WORLD MUST BE  MARCH 2020.  SO WHAT THE HELL WHY DID SOMEONE NOT TELL ME ?

5 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Erving pass blocking grade was the best in the nfl last week according to pff/ hopefully it continues. 

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

YES KC SHOULD TRADE ALL THEIR PICKS....IF KC CANT WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR THEN WHO CARES. THE END OF THE WORLD MUST BE  MARCH 2020.  SO WHAT THE HELL WHY DID SOMEONE NOT TELL ME ?

I would trade our whole draft if it meant winning the SB. I am sick of being one player short or having one side of the team dominate while the other side sucks. We saw what the 90s did for us. We saw what the Vermeil era did for us. I would love to see a SB ring in our possession during my lifetime. IF that means selling out for one and nothing more ever comes of it for a few years after, then so be it. I still think if we did get Ramsey and made other moves we would be more than fine. We also still have the FA period to address other needs too.

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Can't really afford a Luck-type career. If they like Erving then we won't have a problem but if not this is a situation worthy of giving up a pick.

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

This is not good news and another reason you dont mortgage the future for one guy like RAMSEY. Thats dangerous. Now you have some really not good players at left tackle. SCARY. Next man up is a not good player in KC.

He graded out #1 in pass protection in the NFL last week. How do you call that bad?  Next man up. We will be fine

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Our training staff strikes again, clears fischer to play, he injures himself the first drive, and now surgery. How many times does this staff have to f up before they change leadership 

Hell, if he needed surgery, his playing a few snaps made zero difference. It had no effect on worsening his core muscle injury.  He had a core on the other side.  So that is BS about the training staff.

But this is definitely bad news. In order to protect Mahomes, the line will be tied up in pass pro and won't be able to run block as well.  The running game will suffer big time, just like in the game against the Raiders.  Mahomes is going to have to use his escape magic and make more plays on the run, relying on the pocket less, like last year.  We need Hill more than ever on those bubble screens in order to spread out the defense.  A lot of motions. But we won't have him back for at least a month.

I suspect Schwartz may be moved to the left side. Or we could get by with an average LT in a trade.  Cam Erving is less than average. Wiley might be better.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Hell, if he needed surgery, his playing a few snaps made zero difference. It had no effect on worsening his core muscle injury.  He had a core on the other side.  So that is BS about the training staff.

But this is definitely bad news. In order to protect Mahomes, the line will be tied up in pass pro and won't be able to run block as well.  The running game will suffer big time, just like in the game against the Raiders.  Mahomes is going to have to use his escape magic and make more plays on the run, relying on the pocket less, like last year.  We need Hill more than ever on those bubble screens in order to spread out the defense.  A lot of motions. But we won't have him back for at least a month.

I suspect Schwartz may be moved to the left side. Or we could get by with an average LT in a trade.  Cam Erving is less than average. Wiley might be better.

Yep.  If he had it well he had it from the get go.  He didn't injure it further into a core muscle injury by playing half a quarter.

Just now, liquidfriend said:

Yep.  If he had it well he had it from the get go.  He didn't injure it further into a core muscle injury by playing half a quarter.

Was it even half a quarter? Seemed like he was on the field for the first quick series and that was it. Like a handful of plays.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Stephenson was terrible!  If Erving is worse, we are in trouble the next month. 

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Stephenson was terrible!  If Erving is worse, we are in trouble the next month. 

Im ok with KC Very Pass Heavy in case thats all Erving can do decent. 75% Passing....Mahomes 60 tds and 6,000 Yards..... The Everyone go deep game plan!

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The way rick burkholder handled the justin houston knee injury turning losing houston for half a year into two and a half years was grounds for firing by itself.

combine that with an unprecedented amount of achilles ruptures and no players returning to form afterwards.

combine that with sending out sammy watkins on a bum foot and him playing 1 series vs the rams and then being a shell of himself after re-injury for the remainder of the year.

and now this.

he had a clear pattern of allowing players to play with suspect health during unimportant games and causing them to be unavailable when it matters.

i don’t think its a matter of opinion anymore.

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I would trade our whole draft if it meant winning the SB. I am sick of being one player short or having one side of the team dominate while the other side sucks. We saw what the 90s did for us. We saw what the Vermeil era did for us. I would love to see a SB ring in our possession during my lifetime. IF that means selling out for one and nothing more ever comes of it for a few years after, then so be it. I still think if we did get Ramsey and made other moves we would be more than fine. We also still have the FA period to address other needs too.

Guarantee me a Lombardi. I’ll do it too. But it doesn’t work that way.  Injuries can realistically derail any season so any all in one year approach especially with a young elite QB isn’t smart. But at the same time our CAP situation with a cheap QB allows us to gamble more. It just can’t be unreasonable.  This team can easily be better the next two years than this year. Any of which makes us a legit Super Bowl contender.  

1 hour ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Cant believe we haven't been drafting LT in the draft.

We have a 28 year old LT under contract for three more years by the way. And traded for Erving for this very reason. Allen can also play there.  Not sure what you’re talking about?  Being two deep with starters across the board?

10 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We have a 28 year old LT under contract for three more years by the way. And traded for Erving for this very reason. Allen can also play there.  Not sure what you’re talking about?  Being two deep with starters across the board?

Reid believes in versatility and depth, especially the OL.  There are three or four guys who took many snaps at tackle during training camp. Reid expects nearly all his linemen to learn the tackle position.  I suspect that Schwartz is going to move to LT and put one of the other guys will play RT.