Fisher Having Surgery Thursday; Oh No!

14 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Can trade for Trent Williams who is infinitely better than Fisher.

I heard this option talked about on Sirius NFL yesterday. a trade for Williams would be much better for the chiefs than a trade for ramsey

gotta protect Pat, without him we are worse than the broncos

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

I heard this option talked about on Sirius NFL yesterday. a trade for Williams would be much better for the chiefs than a trade for ramsey

gotta protect Pat, without him we are worse than the broncos

A healthy Fisher with 2 years on his deal could bring in a 2nd towards the trade deadline once he's healed. Definitely wouldn't want to have another Albert/Fisher situation at our hands but Williams at LT with Schwartz on the right side is very intruding. 

27 minutes ago, sith13 said:

A healthy Fisher with 2 years on his deal could bring in a 2nd towards the trade deadline once he's healed. Definitely wouldn't want to have another Albert/Fisher situation at our hands but Williams at LT with Schwartz on the right side is very intruding. 

It’s crazy stupid!  16 million in Dead money to trade Fisher.  He’s a good still young tackle under club control for three years.  If he had a major injury and was out for the season, it might be panic time.  That’s all this is.  Fisher is only out 4-6 weeks. We’ve got a temporary problem at LT but a long term real problem at CB.  

That said Andy’s got his hands full short term protecting his QB.  Don’t expect to see the wide open Chiefs offense except in short spurts for a while. We’re gonna have to try and grind out some wins.  Keep the MVP upright.  And get us to November where we can start dominating again.  

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It’s crazy stupid!  16 million in Dead money to trade Fisher.  He’s a good still young tackle under club control for three years.  If he had a major injury and was out for the season, it might be panic time.  That’s all this is.  Fisher is only out 4-6 weeks. We’ve got a temporary problem at LT but a long term real problem at CB.  

That said Andy’s got his hands full short term protecting his QB.  Don’t expect to see the wide open Chiefs offense except in short spurts for a while. We’re gonna have to try and grind out some wins.  Keep the MVP upright.  And get us to November where we can start dominating again.  

I don't think it's that desperate.  Mahomes may have to escape and improvise a bit more.  We've seen he is pretty good at that.  The Cassandra's around here are pretty pathetic.

36 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Fisher is decent but definitely not at the same level with Williams. Being 3 years younger is an advantage but a chance at upgrading the position is still something to consider. That being said we don't know how much Williams has in the tank as his age will catch up with him. However I think he'll play at a higher level than Fisher over the next 4-5 years.

I don't think the problem is interchangeable with the CB need. We have to address both but priorities might shift around. With Claiborne joining the team much sooner than Fisher (assuming Fisher comes back as soon as expected) we simply need to upgrade the position just like any other. 

53 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

" Fisher is only out 4-6 weeks."

The point that was made on Sirius yesterday is that a player never fully heals from this type of issue during the season, think about how much force is generated upon impact of 300lb + bodies slaming into each other not to mention the leverage issue, yes they say 4-6 weeks but ex players say more like 4-6 months or more.

and for the record, i was not saying do it to trade fisher, i was saying do it to protect our biggest asset right now and keep him upright

28 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't think it's that desperate.  Mahomes may have to escape and improvise a bit more.  We've seen he is pretty good at that.  The Cassandra's around here are pretty pathetic.

He did just have a historic second quarter with Erving as his LT. Tim Grunhard said Andy adjusted blocking scheme to an Amoeba system as he called it. Simplified responsibility and kept the line in tighter formations. I wish it was readable text actually because it was interesting  

That said the Raiders defense and pass rush is bad. 

7 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

" Fisher is only out 4-6 weeks."

The point that was made on Sirius yesterday is that a player never fully heals from this type of issue during the season, think about how much force is generated upon impact of 300lb + bodies slaming into each other not to mention the leverage issue, yes they say 4-6 weeks but ex players say more like 4-6 months or more.

and for the record, i was not saying do it to trade fisher, i was saying do it to protect our biggest asset right now and keep him upright

Likely gonna have to find another far less expensive veteran if they think Fish will be our longer than that. 

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

He did just have a historic second quarter with Erving as his LT. Tim Grunhard said Andy adjusted blocking scheme to an Amoeba system as he called it. Simplified responsibility and kept the line in tighter formations. I wish it was readable text actually because it was interesting  

That said the Raiders defense and pass rush is bad. 

Oh, say it ain't so....The level of competition was below average?

Miami like? Or Arizona like?

What are the stats rating for Fisher compared with Williams last year?  I would want to see those before deciding that Williams is an upgrade. I don't have those numbers, but somebody around here must. An OL takes about 5 years to reach his peak, by the way.  Fisher has gotten better and better each year, and the last I heard was that he is now considered one of the best.  It might be that there are opinions here that look cumulatively at all the past mistakes he has made since he was drafted.  If true, that would be a mistake.  Last year's comparison of the two should be the criterion used.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

What are the stats rating for Fisher compared with Williams last year?  I would want to see those before deciding that Williams is an upgrade. I don't have those numbers, but somebody around here must. An OL takes about 5 years to reach his peak, by the way.  Fisher has gotten better and better each year, and the last I heard was that he is now considered one of the best.  It might be that there are opinions here that look cumulatively at all the past mistakes he has made since he was drafted.  If true, that would be a mistake.  Last year's comparison of the two should be the criterion used.

Over the last three regular seasons (2016-2018), Williams has graded out as the NFL’s third-best left tackle (89.1). He trails only David Bakhtiari and Joe Staley over that span, beating out notable players like Andrew Whitworth and divisional rival Tyron Smith.

In 2016, the former Sooner posted the fifth-highest offensive tackle grade (92.7) in the PFF era (2006 – present), and only Jonathan Ogden, Tyron Smith and Joe Thomas (twice) have recorded higher overall grades at the tackle position.

Williams’ 2013 season is also tied for the 13th-highest overall grade (91.6) for an offensive tackle since 2006. He’s one of only six offensive tackles to earn multiple overall grades above 90.0 along with Ogden, Thomas, Staley, Jason Peters and Andrew Whitworth.

His impact on Washington’s offensive line cannot be overstated. Since the start of the 2016 season, the Redskins have earned a 77.6 pass-blocking grade and 67.4 run-blocking grade when Williams is on the field. However, when he has been out of the lineup, Washington’s pass-blocking (72.0) and run-blocking (63.6) grades have significantly dropped.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Oh, say it ain't so....The level of competition was below average?

Miami like? Or Arizona like?

Beating Denver led some people to believe the Raiders are vastly improved. They are better and seem to be picking up Grudens concepts on offense. Seemed more disciplined. But talent level isn’t better than Arizona.  In fact with the upgrade at QB, AZ has a better roster. 

Plus the whole Raiders team looked lost when Andy made adjustments  

Everyone’s better than Miami though. They’ve got legit shot at 0-16!  Possibly the worst team in NFL history?

18 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Beating Denver led some people to believe the Raiders are vastly improved. They are better and seem to be picking up Grudens concepts on offense. Seemed more disciplined. But talent level isn’t better than Arizona.  In fact with the upgrade at QB, AZ has a better roster. 

Plus the whole Raiders team looked lost when Andy made adjustments  

Everyone’s better than Miami though. They’ve got legit shot at 0-16!  Possibly the worst team in NFL history?

1-15 Miami was pretty bad (Yes, their lone win was the Ravens game but hey, got us Harbs and Flacco so it was worth it)

0-16 Cleveland?

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

1-15 Miami was pretty bad (Yes, their lone win was the Ravens game but hey, got us Harbs and Flacco so it was worth it)

0-16 Cleveland?

Cleveland that year had late leads, lost a few games by one score or less. They legitimately tried to win games. Miami this year is just tanking and dont give a fuck either when they do. I know players play for contracts and their livelihood but it is like they are calling the worse possible plays on defense/offense and not even putting the players in great positions or even teaching them from their mistakes. If you put up the 0-16 Cleveland team against this Miami team I think the Browns destroy them. They showed no real quit on trying to at least win a game.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Cleveland that year had late leads, lost a few games by one score or less. They legitimately tried to win games. Miami this year is just tanking and dont give a fuck either when they do. I know players play for contracts and their livelihood but it is like they are calling the worse possible plays on defense/offense and not even putting the players in great positions or even teaching them from their mistakes. If you put up the 0-16 Cleveland team against this Miami team I think the Browns destroy them. They showed no real quit on trying to at least win a game.

I'm not sure who's actually worse, but I cannot remember a team every doing what Miami is. Can you? They are just going to rebuild around a few contracts and start over. It'll be interesting to see if it works and how long it takes. Or if they are just wasting their time. I mean we won a division title and still drafted the best QB in the NFL that same year. Think about that as everyone else tries to pull the Tank for Tua plan.