game day weather..changing gameplan?

looks to be miserable out there and altho I have faith in the fanbase to do their part it looks like it may turn the game into 1 dimensional..maybe turn it into Sausage Ball. I mean that is a lot of rain  coming down quick.

anyone remember that one game where there was film of water cascading down stairs? IIRC  it  inspired  water drainage modifications done to the field.

If it was anybody else playing I'd like to see it played on dirt and grass.. those were the days.

57 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

looks to be miserable out there and altho I have faith in the fanbase to do their part it looks like it may turn the game into 1 dimensional..maybe turn it into Sausage Ball. I mean that is a lot of rain  coming down quick.

anyone remember that one game where there was film of water cascading down stairs? IIRC  it  inspired  water drainage modifications done to the field.

If it was anybody else playing I'd like to see it played on dirt and grass.. those were the days.

The last game I went to with my son was a few years ago.  Rainy and cold. A night game.  Miserable.  Plus we lost.  I think it was to the Jags.   So, we planned this for earlier in the season and during the day, get tickets, and here we are.  I wonder if there is some conspiracy. Oh well, this time we win....I think.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The last game I went to with my son was a few years ago.  Rainy and cold. A night game.  Miserable.  Plus we lost.  I think it was to the Jags.   So, we planned this for earlier in the season and during the day, get tickets, and here we are.  I wonder if there is some conspiracy. Oh well, this time we win....I think.

Well at least if it goes badly we'll know who to blame.  Good going, Bil.

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Enjoy the game. Should be a shoot out. Win or lose these are great days to be a Chief Fan. Hope the weather lets up for you guys.

27 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Enjoy the game. Should be a shoot out. Win or lose these are great days to be a Chief Fan. Hope the weather lets up for you guys.

Thanks.  We will.  He bought my ticket as a Fathers' Day gift.  I hope its a shootout.  That way we win for sure.  If it rains that hard, though, it won't be a shootout.  It will be a slip-fest.  That kind of evens out the odds.  If it is raining very hard, though, Jackson might just may not have the footing to get around the edge.  Too much momentum laterally to turn fast upfield.  Also, the strategy Mathieu mentioned of playing the safeties in and taking a chance on letting them try deep shots would likely pay off.  I don't think rain is very good for deep shots.  But it  also calls to mind the description of Mahomes shortly after we drafted him: "He can throw a ball through a car wash, and it will come out dry on the other side."

I like the post about "Sausage Time."  Guys like McCoy and Thompson make quick cuts, which might not work in the rain.  It may be we need to run a couple of smashers, like Sherman and Darrel Williams.

If it rains during the game as hard as they say then it could really impact the passing games. Probably not in our best interest but I do have more faith the MVP can deliver passes in the rain better than Jackson. In fact his fumbling issues continued last week so maybe from that perspective it helps offset their advantage running the ball.  I'll be there ready to get drunk and wet! Warm rain really isn't all that bad if you prepare as a fan though. Field conditions could easily get sloppy though fast. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

If it rains during the game as hard as they say then it could really impact the passing games. Probably not in our best interest but I do have more faith the MVP can deliver passes in the rain better than Jackson. In fact his fumbling issues continued last week so maybe from that perspective it helps offset their advantage running the ball.  I'll be there ready to get drunk and wet! Warm rain really isn't all that bad if you prepare as a fan though. Field conditions could easily get sloppy though fast. 

I noticed on many of Pats deep completions last week, he had a guy wide open 10-15 yards out. I mean wide open. Yes he made the correct choice and completed the deep pass. Rain or shine, wet field or dry....they still need to cover those guys deep leaving that 10-15 yard underneath route open.  So even if they are great in coverage, Ariz proved that questionable, the underneath stuff should be there. Sloppy field also slows down the pass rush.

31 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Just got back from an outdoor concert with perfect weather which means this front slowed down. It’s gonna very likely be awful playing conditions.  

Yeah looked it up and they are talking flash floods with 2 to 4 inches and locally higher amounts. Starts early here in the am and moves out late sunday night. 

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah looked it up and they are talking flash floods with 2 to 4 inches and locally higher amounts. Starts early here in the am and moves out late sunday night. 

It's going to be wonderful.  Getting ready to leave from Topeka with all my raingear. It's raining pretty hard right now at 6:45am.  I wanted to smell the barbecue, but everyone will be standing over huge old iron kettles, boiling meat.  Got my old coalition T-shirt on.  The colors will probably run down my legs. No telling what this game will be like.  I was looking forward to seeing Mahomes live for the first time, shredding the Ravens. The players will probably have fun, like an old mudder neighborhood game. I doubt I will be able to see anything from the nosebleed section with raindrops running down my glasses.  But it's perfect.  I will remember this game with my son until I drop dead, and we'll laugh about it.  It'll be almost funnier to look back on it if we lose...almost.

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Waking up this morning there’s already a back edge to the storms about 90 miles away. Game itself could be quite a bit better than it looked last night. Especially second half. 

53 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It's going to be wonderful.  Getting ready to leave from Topeka with all my raingear. It's raining pretty hard right now at 6:45am.  I wanted to smell the barbecue, but everyone will be standing over huge old iron kettles, boiling meat.  Got my old coalition T-shirt on.  The colors will probably run down my legs. No telling what this game will be like.  I was looking forward to seeing Mahomes live for the first time, shredding the Ravens. The players will probably have fun, like an old mudder neighborhood game. I doubt I will be able to see anything from the nosebleed section with raindrops running down my glasses.  But it's perfect.  I will remember this game with my son until I drop dead, and we'll laugh about it.  It'll be almost funnier to look back on it if we lose...almost.

Have a great day and a great game, Bil. Enjoy your son. 

48 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Waking up this morning there’s already a back edge to the storms about 90 miles away. Game itself could be quite a bit better than it looked last night. Especially second half. 

not that my weather people have the slightest idea of WTF will happen the future cast shows more  appearing but just not sever