Good luck boys

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Jackson has the ability to get there, but isn't there quite yet.  Problem for them is his window will be pretty short once he arrives, because of his playing style.

What I told my son. Jackson is a dual threat. What usually happens with running QBs is they get clocked good in a game...concussion or shoulder and it changes their decision making from then on.

Just now, liquidfriend said:

Corners did what they could, given the situation.  HB sucked out loud though.

Leaders on the Defense need to actually play like leaders.

I’ll tell ya who is impressing me on this D, and that is Ogbah.  Great motor.  Was in the backfield a lot today.

As far as this secondary, the corners are garbage.  If there is ANY chance to get Ramsey they better do it.  I don’t care if it does cost two 1s.

6 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I’ll tell ya who is impressing me on this D, and that is Ogbah.  Great motor.  Was in the backfield a lot today.

As far as this secondary, the corners are garbage.  If there is ANY chance to get Ramsey they better do it.  I don’t care if it does cost two 1s.

Yeah, I'm not saying the corners are good by any means.  Just what exactly should we expect from them when there's no pass rush at all?

10 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah, I'm not saying the corners are good by any means.  Just what exactly should we expect from them when there's no pass rush at all?

All the more reason to upgrade.  Same shit as werther’s secondary. 3rd and long conversions.  Brady will torch them just like last year.

7 minutes ago, SEMO said:

All the more reason to upgrade.  Same shit as werther’s secondary. 3rd and long conversions.  Brady will torch them just like last year.

Not quite.  With Sutton, they'd get a sack and a TFL to set up 3rd and incredibly long only for werthers to rush 3 and get fist fucked every time. 

Spagnuolo is mixing it up, but it's just a player breakdown at this point.  Front 4 needs to do a heck of a lot better because right now they would make even Jalen Ramsey look like shit.

40 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Corners did what they could, given the situation.  HB sucked out loud though.

Leaders on the Defense need to actually play like leaders.

Actually, HB played pretty good.  Several pass break ups including a near interception.  Maybe not worth the cost yet, but better. JMHO

11 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Not quite.  With Sutton, they'd get a sack and a TFL to set up 3rd and incredibly long only for werthers to rush 3 and get fist fucked every time. 

Spagnuolo is mixing it up, but it's just a player breakdown at this point.  Front 4 needs to do a heck of a lot better because right now they would make even Jalen Ramsey look like shit.

Ramsey would have made the plays on those wounded ducks.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Actually, HB played pretty good.  Several pass break ups including a near interception.  Maybe not worth the cost yet, but better. JMHO

Yep....defense as a whole is a work in progress. I was more disappointed in the run defense today than the pass. I see flashes. Still...better than under Sutton

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Dropped at least 2 chances to close the game out for good and was out of position for some big plays.  For 14m, my expectations are much higher.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Ramsey would have made the plays on those wounded ducks.

Perhaps, but they won anyhow and never needed Ramsey to beat the Ravens.  He'll be a non-factor when it matters without better player execution all over.

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

Yep....defense as a whole is a work in progress. I was more disappointed in the run defense today than the pass. I see flashes. Still...better than under Sutton

Yeah.  The D line seemed to be making contact but couldn't stop the runners, especially Ingram.  Why?

There's still another month plus till the trade deadline, so the D overall can certainly make progress.  As it stands today though, I think if they were going to make a trade to help get over the top, it'd be better served to add some better protection for Pat on Offense.

2 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Was a blowout and let off the gas the entire 4th, did it without our top offensive weapon and LT also.  I liked how our defense responded after scoring drives in the 1st Q and right out of halftime.  

i am still having a tough time understanding why we decided to kick a FG with 10 seconds left in the 1st half, surely they could have taken one shot at the endzone

before settling for 3. and Pat was hot about it or was it the fact that they wasted too much time getting back to the LOS to run the play...

Andy being Andy.  Could the Ravens have won?  Sure but they squeezed about every drop of luck from that game they could and still were 5 away at the end.   We went ultra vanilla in the second half and our D fell asleep on that first drive of the second half.   Had we been aggressive in the second half I believe we could have hung 40-45 on a very good D.    We need to burn some of these teams and rip out their souls.   Score 60 and let the pieces fall where they may.  Great win today against a better team in this league.  

6 hours ago, qnet said:

It was a good game, and you have a tough, tough team. 

I'll say.  The Ravens are very tough.  Ingram seemed unstoppable. I was impressed how we set the edge and took away the Jackson runs.  I had a feeling that would happen. Mahomes was so damned good, many in subtle ways we would not have seen last year. He's definitely better than his MVP season.  That last  pass to Darryl Williams on 3rd and 10 iced it.    But I have to say that the push off that was definite offensive pass interference was one of the most blatant errors by an official I have seen in a long time.  How the reviewer didn't even call it was a travesty.   The game would not have been that close had it not been for that error. 

My vocal cords are shot.  As I promised you all, I would take the rap if we lost.  Now, I am asking for the credit for the win. I'm sure glad the rain never really happened.  It would have been a lot more comfortable not to have to carry all that scuba gear around, and it was difficult to stash it under my seat.

36 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Andy being Andy.  Could the Ravens have won?  Sure but they squeezed about every drop of luck from that game they could and still were 5 away at the end.   We went ultra vanilla in the second half and our D fell asleep on that first drive of the second half.   Had we been aggressive in the second half I believe we could have hung 40-45 on a very good D.    We need to burn some of these teams and rip out their souls.   Score 60 and let the pieces fall where they may.  Great win today against a better team in this league.  

Cam Erving is a huge liability.  We just couldn't play our game.  We aren't going to be capable of doing what you are demanding until we have Fisher back,  Add in Hill, and we can do whatever we want whenever we want. For now, Cam Erving at LT is the biggest Achilles heel the Chiefs have. BTW, Robinson just keeps getting better and better, and so does Hardman, but Mahomes needs the protection to get the ball to them.

We need to find a way to keep Mahomes alive and healthy without Fisher there.  Bubble screens to our fine receiving RB's will help us survive the next several weeks without more than a couple of losses, hopefully only one.  But we definitely need Fisher.  Either that or get a better option there than Erving.  All he has to be is mediocre.

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

There was pass rush up the middle.  The ends seemed to be playing contain to keep Jackson from taking off.  Probably, by design.  

29 minutes ago, SEMO said:

There was pass rush up the middle.  The ends seemed to be playing contain to keep Jackson from taking off.  Probably, by design.  

If I can get some time, I'll have to go through and chart the pressure rate.  Kinda curious, myself.

Either way, with whatever flaws this team has or does not have, they are in the elite tier of NFL franchises right now and tbh it's no contest.

It's basically 

NE = KC

Big gap here

Pretty much Everyone else

The difference is NE is as peak as it can possibly be while KC can get better.