Good luck boys

Man the Ravens are fun to watch.  I hadn’t seen them play.

second best show on the field, and it’s usually not even close...  The Ravens weren’t as good today as the chiefs, but they’ll continue to get better too.  Gonna a be a fun rivalry — these are the next generation’s qbs imo.

Also impressed by Hardman, Williams, I thought HB was pretty solid, love seeing niemann out there, shady showing toughness, Mahomes fakes in the pocket, just damn fun to watch.  Defense gut check.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

There was pass rush up the middle.  The ends seemed to be playing contain to keep Jackson from taking off.  Probably, by design.  

The Ends were afraid to commit to tackle Jackson and for good reason. He made defenders look silly trying to tackle him. Any other QB would gotten sacked 9 times. 

15 hours ago, Palangi said:

What performance?  They had 13 points going into the 4th quarter against a bad defense.  We were down our #1 wr, LT, and starting RB.

Baltimore is overrated as hell.  They played the dolphins and cardinals to start the year

So now your defense is bad?

Okay

Ravens have some solid potential but Harbaugh has to be able to manage the game properly. The critical part is actually teaching Lamar Jackson to play QB. He's taking too many hits for meaningless yards when running, that's going to get him killed soon. His accuracy was terrible but looking at his previous stats that looks to be just for this game. 

15 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah, I'm not saying the corners are good by any means.  Just what exactly should we expect from them when there's no pass rush at all?

I expect when you are standing flat footed literally waiting for a wounded duck pass on 4th down for that corner to be able to knock the ball down. That was inexcusable.  The game should have been over right there  

A lot of what you do on D vs Jackson is contain.  They had open WRs all game but their QB just wasn’t accurate. All that said when you have a 30-7 lead in the 4th quarter it’ll skew the stats.  But you are right a better pass rush finishes that game way earlier. 

17 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Ravens have some solid potential but Harbaugh has to be able to manage the game properly. The critical part is actually teaching Lamar Jackson to play QB. He's taking too many hits for meaningless yards when running, that's going to get him killed soon. His accuracy was terrible but looking at his previous stats that looks to be just for this game. 

harbs worst game as Head Coach, easily.....LJ had a bad game. Greg Roman called a horrible game. Ear Thomas was lost all game.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

harbs worst game as Head Coach, easily.....LJ had a bad game. Greg Roman called a horrible game. Ear Thomas was lost all game.

I don't understand Harbaugh's logic. He called the game as if he was destined to lose but was trying for a miracle. With decent playcalling this game could be much different. 

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

I don't understand Harbaugh's logic. He called the game as if he was destined to lose but was trying for a miracle. With decent playcalling this game could be much different. 

Maybe. Yet Reid put the stall on. Played more safe. Defense was in prevent mode. Not too many blitzes. I think KC could score at will on that secondary if needed.

Just now, FANATIC said:

Maybe. Yet Reid put the stall on. Played more safe. Defense was in prevent mode. Not too many blitzes. I think KC could score at will on that secondary if needed.

That has been Reid all year long. Open up a big gap in the first half then stop calling newly designed plays and let loose. I didn't expect the same scenario against Baltimore though.

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

That has been Reid all year long. Open up a big gap in the first half then stop calling newly designed plays and let loose. I didn't expect the same scenario against Baltimore though.

Sure. This game was not as close as the score. I never felt the Tweets were in it after the Chiefs first lead.

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Sure. This game was not as close as the score. I never felt the Tweets were in it after the Chiefs first lead.

The same with me, it never felt like a competitive game once we took the lead. If they could respond soon with any score it would likely be different but who knows.

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

The same with me, it never felt like a competitive game once we took the lead. If they could respond soon with any score it would likely be different but who knows.

I was surprised they did not keep running the ball. They came out a ran over the Chiefs first drive of the second half. As much as many talk about the Chiefs Dbs.....the play against the run game, avg 6.1 yards per rush given up. is much more of an issue to me. The Dbs are playing much better than lasy year, low standard, with few PI calls.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Good game fellas.

Harbaugh cost us that game. Poor playcalling on offense too. Bad communication in the secondary- Frank Thomas looked like dog poo.

3 missed 2 pt conversions, turnovers on downs....horrible game for the coaching staff.

They hit on that on the sports cast this morning and have before.  The chiefs offense is so scary good right now, they get in the opposing coaching staffs head before the game.   Definitely made Harbaugh press.  

Hero if the players execute, horribly coached game if they don't.

Same could be said for the chiefs Defense.  Seems like they were working hard to contain Jackson which could have lead to them getting gashed in the running game.  Although that is probably more of the Ravens strength in general.  The Jump ball misses by the db's were definitely head scratchers.    I still don't think the Chiefs Defense can be slated as a bust yet, but they seem to keep trending that way.  Reports are that Spags was visibly pissed after the game.

Both these teams will end up in the playoffs and quite possibly will meet again.

Good game fellas.

Harbaugh cost us that game. Poor playcalling on offense too. Bad communication in the secondary- Frank Thomas looked like dog poo.

3 missed 2 pt conversions, turnovers on downs....horrible game for the coaching staff.

Right, Harbaugh cost you the game.  Not the fact that MVP and the Chiefs had anything to do with it. Take the L and stop with the excuses, you made your bed all week talking about how Minshew threw for 275 yet LJ was barely at 100 going into the 4th when we were up 17 (true definition of garbage time yards).  You needed two lucky plays to make the score look closer then it was.

36 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I saw marked improvement from Jackson throwing the ball.  The Ravens are tough.  

This game had me worried.  Next week’s game vs the Lions has me a little worried too.  The Lions have smacked some decent teams around this year.

3 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Right, Harbaugh cost you the game.  Not the fact that MVP and the Chiefs had anything to do with it. Take the L and stop with the excuses, you made your bed all week talking about how Minshew threw for 275 yet LJ was barely at 100 going into the 4th when we were up 17 (true definition of garbage time yards).  You needed two lucky plays to make the score look closer then it was.

Exactly.......Chiefs over 500 yards of offense in conservative mode.....Imagine Hill & Hardman on the field together....

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Exactly.......Chiefs over 500 yards of offense in conservative mode.....Imagine Hill & Hardman on the field together....

Mahomes threw 6 passes in the 4th Q (4 on the first drive and 2 on the next two drives), heck our 3rd string RB had 4 carries by himself in the 4th.  

18 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

No excuses- MVPat does that every week. Of course he gets credit.

Garbage time is a term used to refer to the period toward the end of a timed sports competition that has become a blowout when the outcome of the game has already been decided, and the coaches of one or both teams will decide to replace their best players with substitutes

You had all your starters in still, no back ups. Stop trying to minimize it. You needed two lucky plays last year to win. How's that?

7 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

No excuses- MVPat does that every week. Of course he gets credit.

Garbage time is a term used to refer to the period toward the end of a timed sports competition that has become a blowout when the outcome of the game has already been decided, and the coaches of one or both teams will decide to replace their best players with substitutes

You had all your starters in still, no back ups. Stop trying to minimize it. You needed two lucky plays last year to win. How's that?

oh boy you sure got me.  Let me rephrase it then, you were only relevant in the game when we went into PREVENT.  Is that much better, congrats on LJ getting his passing yards while we rushed 4 and went into a base prevent.  Also here's our snap count on defense, we played plenty of two deep players at the end of the game especially on the front 7.  I am going to minimize it because anyone who watched it who isn't lying to themselves knows a team will go conservative or prevent when up big in the 4th.  Like I previously pointed out, our 4th string rookie RB had almost as many carries as MVPat had passes in the 4th, let's now say this together, that would be called going .......

Good game fellas.

It was a good game. I don't really blame Harbaugh's decisions. 

22 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Mahomes threw 6 passes in the 4th Q (4 on the first drive and 2 on the next two drives), heck our 3rd string RB had 4 carries by himself in the 4th.  

He stood back there with enough time to enjoy a cup of coffee and a doughnut before looking downfield. Tweeties looked like ants running around. They had no answer. Yes I think the Tweeties have a very good defense. Doesnt matter: Just cant stop KC.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Agree. Being up by three plus TDs in the fourth quarter put the O in cruise control mode.  I don’t see any real way the Ravens were ever going to stop Mahomes had Andy kept his foot on the gas.  Until our D can prove they can close out games I think he’s gonna need to be more aggressive with the lead.  Especially against better passing QBs