game day thread

Just now, Lamardirts said:

All that talk about Mahomes vs Jackson being the next Brady vs Manning is and was way premature.   Dude played cup cakes and our D which is not great held him in check the whole game.   Their rushing attack is a different story.     Not to say Lamar isn't talented, he's very talented and dangerous but he's got a ways to go before he's elite.

He’s an athlete with a cannon for an arm that will never make the throws Mahomes makes.  Jackson’s ceiling is at the top of the 2nd tier of QBs. 

11 minutes ago, moons314 said:

When you factor in today’s game, we are 27th in the nfl against the run. The run defense is what killed us in the loss to the pats.  This is why I think mortgaging picks for a corner is a bad decision 

Yeah got gouged too many times up the middle. I think they can improve there. I'm not saying they are world beaters. But I think they've improved. 

4 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Get an early lead on them and take away his options at Tight End.

He was throwing a ton of wobbly passes and this one would have been a blow out if this Defense had any ball skills what so ever.

I only saw the last few minutes of the game and the D looked really bad. I need to watch the whole game. At least he didn't look all world like he did in his previous two games. That has to say something about the defense. No much, but something. 

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

I was really happy how we handled them. Even all banged up. Another not terrible performance by Erving. They all struggled as expected but nice pocket presence by Pat neutralized some serious pass rush. 

I was surprised to see that Mahomes was only sacked one time. 

Just now, qnet said:

I was surprised to see that Mahomes was only sacked one time. 

He just has a sick sense of pressure and when to step up. That TD throw to Drob while staring down an unblocked rusher... waited for Drod to make his cut and launched it knowing he was going to get blowed up. Damn.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He was hit a lot.

I'm not surprised

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

He just has a sick sense of pressure and when to step up. That TD throw to Drob while staring down an unblocked rusher... waited for Drod to make his cut and launched it knowing he was going to get blowed up. Damn.

I'm able to watch the game now on NFL replay, but they're making pay for it, with commercials LOL. 

i still don’t believe in this defense and stopping the run. watching how ravens run the ball, i sure would like to see reid employ this with sherman and daryl williams. we will need to learn how to,do this consistently along with stopping it if we want to have a chance in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

i still don’t believe in this defense and stopping the run. watching how ravens run the ball, i sure would like to see reid employ this with sherman and daryl williams. we will need to learn how to,do this consistently along with stopping it if we want to have a chance in the playoffs. 

Way too early to think playoffs etc. Bottom line: The defense is getting more stops, less penalties and keeping the play in front of them. If other teams want to take excessive time off the clock while trailing.....I say GREAT. Talk about clock management. With this offense teams are doing KC a favor running the ball. Also: Brady threw a pick and did not deserve to be in the SB. Only a silly call kept KC from beating the PATS despite the Pats running the ball.