game day thread

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

I really don’t feel good about the defense, and I don’t think a corner is going to change much.  We’re weak against the run, and our inside pass coverage that an outside corner wouldn’t matter on anyway isn’t very good.  We have a defense that’s marginally better than last years atrocious defense. 

They wanted them to eat the clock by playing the side lines.

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I really don’t feel good about the defense, and I don’t think a corner is going to change much.  We’re weak against the run, and our inside pass coverage that an outside corner wouldn’t matter on anyway isn’t very good.  We have a defense that’s marginally better than last years atrocious defense. 

It seems like they play softer than the other teams defenders. The opposition does everything they can to hit Mahomes and stop him, but it seems like the our defense doesn't do the same to their QB.  Look at me, I get to see the game and am complaining just like a lot of you,  LOL!

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

They wanted them to eat the clock by playing the side lines.

I’m not talking about that drive.  The ravens put up good numbers against bad teams in the first two weeks. They aren’t some great offense , yet they’d have 30 points if harbaugh weren’t a complete dumbass. 

Just now, qnet said:

It seems like they play softer than the other teams defenders. The opposition does everything they can to hit Mahomes and stop him, but it seems like the our defense doesn't do the same to their QB.  Look at me, I get to see the game and am complaining just like a lot of you,  LOL!

At least spags blitzes.  But our run defense is terrible. 

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I think you are being a bit too hard on them. There were a couple miracle plays that kept this game close when it shouldnt have been. I see improvement in all phases on defense. And I think us and NE are in a class by ourselves. This is not Bob Suttons defense.

Crazy thing is we weren't aggressive at all in the 2nd half and still put up 33 on this supposedly elite D.  Our sorry D held their O to 27 pts while playing soft the entire 4th quarter.   Earl Thomas talking crap that he couldn't back up and we will be better when Fisher, Williams, McCoy, and Hill are all back healthy.

Great win!  Go KC!

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Crazy thing is we weren't aggressive at all in the 2nd half and still put up 33 on this supposedly elite D.  Our sorry D held their O to 27 pts while playing soft the entire 4th quarter.   Earl Thomas talking crap that he couldn't back up and we will be better when Fisher, Williams, McCoy, and Hill are all back healthy.

Great win!  Go KC!

I forgot about that, it will indeed be nice to have them back.

All that talk about Mahomes vs Jackson being the next Brady vs Manning is and was way premature.   Dude played cup cakes and our D which is not great held him in check the whole game.   Their rushing attack is a different story.     Not to say Lamar isn't talented, he's very talented and dangerous but he's got a ways to go before he's elite.

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think you are being a bit too hard on them. There were a couple miracle plays that kept this game close when it shouldnt have been. I see improvement in all phases on defense. And I think us and NE are in a class by ourselves. This is not Bob Suttons defense.

When you factor in today’s game, we are 27th in the nfl against the run. The run defense is what killed us in the loss to the pats.  This is why I think mortgaging picks for a corner is a bad decision