27 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

7 million in dead cap is never easy to walk away from. Especially when it's a 27 year old in his prime, who is part of the reason our offense is nearly impossible to defend. This isnt a Justin Houston situation.

If need be, because of other contracts, it makes it easier.

20 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Sammy and Drob won't be in a Chiefs uniform next year.

No big deal.  Sort of the same m.o. every year now

Should of kept Albert

Should of kept Conley

Should keep Robinson

It's called having an elite QB.  They will reload and keep going.

Exactly. Look at all the WRs who played with Brady/Rodgers/Manning. They go off and get huge contracts but can't live up to them. Remember who Wes Welker was before he got to Brady? Remember who Deion Branch was after he left Brady?

20 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Exactly. Look at all the WRs who played with Brady/Rodgers/Manning. They go off and get huge contracts but can't live up to them. Remember who Wes Welker was before he got to Brady? Remember who Deion Branch was after he left Brady?

Exactly.  

It'll be Hill, Hardman and they can probably get Albert back for cheap next year lol

Now I really want to trade him. Get closer to the trade deadline and flip him for a 2nd or a solid player once Hill comes back. That being said I'm not so sure if paying Hill that much was a good move considering the alternatives we have at the position. Locking up guys like Robinson for 3-4 years at a much lower figure is always a better recipe for success. 

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

Now I really want to trade him. Get closer to the trade deadline and flip him for a 2nd or a solid player once Hill comes back. That being said I'm not so sure if paying Hill that much was a good move considering the alternatives we have at the position. Locking up guys like Robinson for 3-4 years at a much lower figure is always a better recipe for success. 

Bill mass was brilliant on the radio today-

its offensive league

theres no one in the nfl who can match up with all the weapons.

why take one away in your trip to the super bowl?

15 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Brady has thrown a TD to over 70 different players in his career.

17 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

7 million in dead cap is never easy to walk away from. Especially when it's a 27 year old in his prime, who is part of the reason our offense is nearly impossible to defend. This isnt a Justin Houston situation.

I always find it strange that people only talk about the dead money and not the cap savings as well....

YES there would be $7M in dead money BUT there would be $14M in Cap Savings!!!!  He is scheduled to make $21M next year

The question should not be about the dead money.  It should be, Can we replace him for $14M or less?  If so, you cut/trade him

I think this is just where we are going to be with Mahomes.  Tom Brady has literally made a career making his WRs look good, then BB either trading those WRs or letting them walk during FA, then being able to re-load over and over again while the WR ends up never living up to the Patriots hype.  Mahomes makes WRs look good.  I'm not discounting Robinson, Watkins, Hill, Hardman, etc.  I think they are all great players.  I just think Mahomes elevates them. 

All that said, until we have a Ring, I want as many known weapons as possible.

20 hours ago, Calichief said:

He’s making Sammy easy to walk away from next year imo.

I am all for keeping Watkins until 2020. After yesterday's game it hit me though; Watkins is more of a luxury rather than a necessity. I think it has a lot to do with the Hardman pick.