3 hours ago, Calichief said:

Bill mass was brilliant on the radio today-

its offensive league

theres no one in the nfl who can match up with all the weapons.

why take one away in your trip to the super bowl?

As seen last year missing a player on either side of the ball may be the critical move. Also we seem to have needs on offense as well, we are one injury away from having Allen back out there. Right now we have a great offense, might be the best of the decade but don't really have the depth all over. 

20 minutes ago, sith13 said:

As seen last year missing a player on either side of the ball may be the critical move. Also we seem to have needs on offense as well, we are one injury away from having Allen back out there. Right now we have a great offense, might be the best of the decade but don't really have the depth all over. 

Who does? Very competitive league. Every team is one key injury away from a strength becoming a weakness.

Robinson has already exceeded the expectations we had hoped for former Chiefs receiver Chris Conley—an athletic reserve who could make plays when called upon. An robust athlete in his own right, Conley left for richer pastures and new opportunities last spring. Robinson could potentially see similar offers when his rookie contract expires next spring.

It was one thing to see Kansas City pick apart the Raiders in Week 2 without some key players in the lineup. But in his encore performance, even with just a few seconds of film, Robinson may have catapulted into another topic of discussion as a part of the 2020 free agent class. Between now and then, he and the Chiefs remain focused on one goal: bringing the Lombardi Trophy to Kansas City.

33 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I think the Hill injury has shown us nobody is irreplaceable with Pat throwing the ball, but Dieter does not make that play. I would  try to extend both Drob and Watkins if you can. Can’t have too many play makers on O in this league. 

Watkins will be gone. Cant resign everyone, extend guys, trade for guys and give them all big bucks. Watkins is an overpriced luxury next year at a position well stocked.

6 hours ago, Balto said:

I always find it strange that people only talk about the dead money and not the cap savings as well....

YES there would be $7M in dead money BUT there would be $14M in Cap Savings!!!!  He is scheduled to make $21M next year

The question should not be about the dead money.  It should be, Can we replace him for $14M or less?  If so, you cut/trade him

Trading him is a no brainer. Cutting him is bad business in my opinion. Like I said, this guy isnt past his prime. with Houston the cap hit and dead money was almost identical. But he was on the downhill side. Watkins is playing the best football of his career. Unless we are in dire straights cap wise, letting a player like that go just seems like a strange move.

Especially if Robinson walks in FA. Do we want to continue having the best WR corps in the NFL? Because it would be hard to argue that we still did after losing DRob and Watkins both.

18 hours ago, sith13 said:

Now I really want to trade him. Get closer to the trade deadline and flip him for a 2nd or a solid player once Hill comes back. That being said I'm not so sure if paying Hill that much was a good move considering the alternatives we have at the position. Locking up guys like Robinson for 3-4 years at a much lower figure is always a better recipe for success. 

Sith...Robinson is good. But Hill is literally one of a kind. You cannot go get another Hill. You can get another Robinson.

32 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Trading him is a no brainer. Cutting him is bad business in my opinion. Like I said, this guy isnt past his prime. with Houston the cap hit and dead money was almost identical. But he was on the downhill side. Watkins is playing the best football of his career. Unless we are in dire straights cap wise, letting a player like that go just seems like a strange move.

Especially if Robinson walks in FA. Do we want to continue having the best WR corps in the NFL? Because it would be hard to argue that we still did after losing DRob and Watkins both.

Sign Robinson and let Watkins go. You cant pay 5+ guys 15-22 million per year.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

I think the Hill injury has shown us nobody is irreplaceable with Pat throwing the ball, but Dieter does not make that play. I would  try to extend both Drob and Watkins if you can. Can’t have too many play makers on O in this league. 

Maximum playmakers is a good thing.  But since the Chiefs can't have everything, the question is, "Would you rather have Hill, Hardman, DRob, and Watkins..or..would you prefer Hill, Hardman, DRob, #4, and a starting LB or LG?"  I think Watkins is gone unless he renegotiates which isn't likely.  The Chiefs need more starters on rookie contracts and that's hard to do while maintaining championship potential. 

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Sith...Robinson is good. But Hill is literally one of a kind. You cannot go get another Hill. You can get another Robinson.

The thing is we don't really need one of a kind Hill. Mahomes can do great without him. I think paying Robinson-tier WRs and spending the offensive cash on Mahomes' protection is much more valuable than tying up the money in a single WR. 

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maximum playmakers is a good thing.  But since the Chiefs can't have everything, the question is, "Would you rather have Hill, Hardman, DRob, and Watkins..or..would you prefer Hill, Hardman, DRob, #4, and a starting LB or LG?"  I think Watkins is gone unless he renegotiates which isn't likely.  The Chiefs need more starters on rookie contracts and that's hard to do while maintaining championship potential. 

I would take the second option with the O line improvement. I think you have to invest in line to protect Pat.