Mahomes and Jackson

But in this game, he will be remembered for his magic in the fourth quarter, when he recorded 148 of his 267 yards passing, including two 20-plus-yard heaves. 

LOLOL, he did that against a base prevent.  Funny how they overlook for the first 3 quarters he couldn't even complete a pass to a WR.

I do think Lamar has a long ways to go and those two “close my eyes and throw” passes are meh in my book.  Pat has had his fair share of lucky passes as well. But I’m a Chiefs homer sooooo Pats throws are always 100% perfect!

44 minutes ago, Balto said:

I do think Lamar has a long ways to go and those two “close my eyes and throw” passes are meh in my book.  Pat has had his fair share of lucky passes as well. But I’m a Chiefs homer sooooo Pats throws are always 100% perfect!

From an objective standpoint Pat is perfect even when he is not!

54 minutes ago, Balto said:

Jackson is an average passer and it showed yesterday. Ravens will be a handful for anyone playing from ahead though.  

Jackson is going to be good, I just wish our DBs could make a play on the ball in the air.  They've GOT to work on that this week.  We allowed 2 completions on balls that should've been intercepted let alone completed that set up 2 TDs for Baltimore. 

Just now, dksww said:

Jackson is going to be good, I just wish our DBs could make a play on the ball in the air.  They've GOT to work on that this week.  We allowed 2 completions on balls that should've been intercepted let alone completed that set up 2 TDs for Baltimore. 

A little SUTTONITIS still in the AIR

3 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Jackson may just be another Kaepernick. Not the political stuff, but he has to prove he can consistently throw 65% accuracy in games. Dolphins suck so bad that game cannot be counted.

Injury is very likely with his need to run so much. My guess, hope not, short career.

I just don't see it with Jackson.  Could he eventually get somewhere?  Sure.  Should he continue by the Media to be viewed as Mahomes' next big Rival?  LOL, nope...

The chiefs started out a little slow like they did last week, but the game was over by halftime.  Andy's conservative playcalling and prevent defense is the only reason Jackson even hit 200 years passing for the game. 

Then again, it appears that the barometer for a good QB has changed according to the NFL media, so maybe I'm looking at the wrong qualifiers.  Peter King had Gardner Minshew as one of his offensive players of the week.  Against the defensive juggernaut known as the Tennessee Titans he amassed the impressive line of 67% completion rate, 204 yards and 2 TDS.  Patrick Mahomes on the other hand played the laughingstock Ravens defense and had the  mediocre line of:  73% completion rate, 374 yards and 3 TDs.  He did not make the list for ONE OF the offensive players of the week.

I guess the barometer for being a good QB in the NFL is having a sweet 'stache, so we are pretty much screwed...

18 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

I just don't see it with Jackson.  Could he eventually get somewhere?  Sure.  Should he continue by the Media to be viewed as Mahomes' next big Rival?  LOL, nope...

The chiefs started out a little slow like they did last week, but the game was over by halftime.  Andy's conservative playcalling and prevent defense is the only reason Jackson even hit 200 years passing for the game. 

Then again, it appears that the barometer for a good QB has changed according to the NFL media, so maybe I'm looking at the wrong qualifiers.  Peter King had Gardner Minshew as one of his offensive players of the week.  Against the defensive juggernaut known as the Tennessee Titans he amassed the impressive line of 67% completion rate, 204 yards and 2 TDS.  Patrick Mahomes on the other hand played the laughingstock Ravens defense and had the  mediocre line of:  73% completion rate, 374 yards and 3 TDs.  He did not make the list for ONE OF the offensive players of the week.

I guess the barometer for being a good QB in the NFL is having a sweet 'stache, so we are pretty much screwed...

LOL....crying about MVPat not making a columnist's OPOW section.....jfc

2 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

The Chiefs won their third game to take a two game lead in their division.  Why would we care what Peter King puts out? 

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

LOL....crying about MVPat not making a columnist's OPOW section.....jfc

Not at all.  I'm just pointing out that nobody in the media seems to know what a good QB is anymore...

I've already realized that the NFL media has Labron James Syndrome.  They don't want to hand the MVP to the same dude every year, so they gotta create someone else to give it to.  For me I just don't want people polishing turds to try to come up with the "next big thing" when it comes to QBs.  Minshew and Jackson should not even be in conversations regarding good QB performances this week.  Minshew should be average while Jackson should just not be spoken about.  This week should be about Jones, Allen, and Watson.  Crap like this article being on the front page of the espn NFL site just proves that most of the media spends too much time box score watching unless its a nationally televised game, in which they ignore the box score completely and anoint the winning QB as king of the mountain no matter how poorly they played.

11 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Not at all.  I'm just pointing out that nobody in the media seems to know what a good QB is anymore...

I've already realized that the NFL media has Labron James Syndrome.  They don't want to hand the MVP to the same dude every year, so they gotta create someone else to give it to.  For me I just don't want people polishing turds to try to come up with the "next big thing" when it comes to QBs.  Minshew and Jackson should not even be in conversations regarding good QB performances this week.  Minshew should be average while Jackson should just not be spoken about.  This week should be about Jones, Allen, and Watson.  Crap like this article being on the front page of the espn NFL site just proves that most of the media spends too much time box score watching unless its a nationally televised game, in which they ignore the box score completely and anoint the winning QB as king of the mountain no matter how poorly they played.

You may be right, but what's the importance?  I don't recall one single game where the outcome was decided by how much the media polished the QB. 

Just now, jetlord said:

You may be right, but what's the importance?  I don't recall one single game where the outcome was decided by how much the media polished the QB. 

Exactly. Media is looking for readers, followers, hits, views and to build their brand for the next big opportunity. Truth takes a seat to BS. Most people follow negative stuff 10 times more than positive stories.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

58 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Exactly. Media is looking for readers, followers, hits, views and to build their brand for the next big opportunity. Truth takes a seat to BS. Most people follow negative stuff 10 times more than positive stories.

You guys sat through Fouts on commentary Sunday, right?  Maybe I just don't like my ears getting stabbed with ice picks when my team is on, lol

2 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

You guys sat through Fouts on commentary Sunday, right?  Maybe I just don't like my ears getting stabbed with ice picks when my team is on, lol

I listened to Fouts, but really was just watching the game.  Down and distance means something.  Fouts' input is meaningless.