Mahomes and Jackson

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

?????

And if the idea of a prevent defense is prevent the big play, please explain the 4th and 5 play at 13:19 in the 4th QTR, score 30-13, Chiefs rush 6, Lamar completes the pass ala 4th and 9 last year to Roberts.?

30-19 Chiefs over raven 9:34 left in 4th, 1st and 10 from Ravens 37, Chiefs rush 4, 2 LB's at LOS for the dump off, 5 in man to man coverage (Prevent?), Lamar drops a dime on Brown for a 28 yd completion...Prevent?

30-19 8:08 left in 4th 3rd & 17, Chiefs rush 4, not 3, completion for 19 yds, zone coverage (#35, DB makes a horrible play on the ball)

Did really enjoy the Honey Badger whiff on LJ's TD run....

I've seen some concering tape actually of our defensive play in the 4th quarter. Just flat blown tackles and whiffs on balls that should have been easily knocked down. Happened way to often down the stretch. Bottom line is the Chiefs are the better team and won, but our mistakes more than anything did allow it to get closer that it should have. Still when push came to shove the game was never in true jeopardy because of the offense delivered anytime it needed it. But we will need a better effort on D to close out games against better passing QBs. 

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I feel pretty good, no matter what.

I'll remind you how LJ took the Ravens down the field on the opening drive, on YOUR home Opener, to score a TD after you were stopped on your opening drive.

So what does the prevent defense actually prevent? Winning? Your offense went into the prevent, not your defense. Someone else already pointed out the Pass/Run ratio of the Chiefs in the 2nd half.

Up 23-6, the Chiefs allowed an opening second half TD drive of 75 yards to cut it to 10 pts.

And when the Chiefs went up 30-13, the Ravens responded with a 4 min drive that cut the lead to 30-19 after the failed 2pt conversion. Then you forced to punt, then we kicked a FG to make it an 8pt game.

Then the Chiefs kicked a FG, Ravens scored a TD and suddenly its 33-28, a 5 pt game.

Looking at the All-22, there is no point in which the game was into "garbage time" or prevent defense......

Just stop it.

Here had one dive... he's amazing! 

3 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Thanks for proving this again for me.

Yes you scored on your opening drive, congrats on being one of the first times that has ever happened.  You left out the part where your next 3 drives you scored ZERO points.

Same thing after halftime, you scored on your opening drive and afterwards when you had a chance to cut into a 10 point lead in the 3rd you punted and didn't take advantage of it.

After we were up 30-13 in the 4th, you admit our offense went conservative but your blind thinking our defense didn't.  Watch the game again and you'll see we only rushed 4 the entire time, dropping 7 back and keeping everything in front of them.  I even showed you the snap counts to show how we rotated in our two deep for the front 7 which a team in attack mode and not in prevent will do.

The only smart thing you said is what does prevent do, prevent you from winning.  I hate when teams do this, I hated us doing it to allow you some minor hope of winning.  If Mahomes kept throwing, we put up 40+ easy and most broadcasts are switching to a closer game.

Ha..I guess 1 out 4 or 25% is a great QB now

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Just had my reply deleted by accident.....

I didn't ignore it. MVPat is defending MVP- why wouldn't he?

This defense is not playing well right now- Thomas is meh and the miscommunication is apparent. He just ran to open spot on the Drob TD- wtf was he doing ? Pass rush, minus the first series was meh...too many gambles....Thomas complained that the defense was "more complicated" than what he played in Seattle...ok, maybe he is having a hard time picking it up?

Minshew and Jackson ended up with about the same yds. And in different Weather and field conditions....

No no no.... you told us this defense was better this year and faster.  

Backtrack... hurry! 

18 minutes ago, Palangi said:

No no no.... you told us this defense was better this year and faster.  

Backtrack... hurry! 

Wtf do you want? If I ignore the truth and say they played great, I am filleted like a salmon.

I admit they played poorly and you still accuse me of back tracking....

Real piece of work, you are.....

• The topic was locked