1 hour ago, sith13 said:

So Allen has shown enough to get released in just a few snaps. Some youngster must be making decent strides. 

It's time to see Allegretti and the guy from Houston they got for Hyde get some snaps.  Better do it after Mahomes is pulled if the Chiefs have a big lead late. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

It's time to see Allegretti and the guy from Houston they got for Hyde get some snaps.  Better do it after Mahomes is pulled if the Chiefs have a big lead late. 

I would imagine a 2018 3rd rounder should be more ready and they might have been waiting for him to catch up to the rest of the line in terms of coverage schemes. Definitely worth seeing what both guys have to offer, we need upgrades all over the line and promising youngsters on the roster. 

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

You need to be active to play. Maybe with Allen gone Allgretti will be although Damian Williams is the most likely.  The other kid was a train wreck at Houston so he’s likely a reclamation project.   

57 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Meaning no lead is safe with the way our defense plays. We do not even rotate out the starters and still the game score is closer than it should be.

We’ve won 4 of our last 7 games by 15 points or more.and shut the offense down in the 4th quarter of each.  And 10 of our last 22 we’ve won by 10 points or more. By NFL standards we win.a ton of blowouts. 

28 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We’ve won 4 of our last 7 games by 15 points or more.and shut the offense down in the 4th quarter of each.  And 10 of our last 22 we’ve won by 10 points or more. By NFL standards we win.a ton of blowouts. 

Yes but how many this year were won by 15 or more? 1 game. Again if they truly felt it was a blow out one would think you would rotate your starters out, which we have not seen at all. Not arguing at all on the wins or points but more so in getting in guys like Allegretti etc. For some playing time. That is all I believe he was making for a point.

46 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yes but how many this year were won by 15 or more? 1 game. Again if they truly felt it was a blow out one would think you would rotate your starters out, which we have not seen at all. Not arguing at all on the wins or points but more so in getting in guys like Allegretti etc. For some playing time. That is all I believe he was making for a point.

We’ve won half our games this year by 14 points or more and were in complete control to the point we could have played backups the entire 4th quarter.  I’m just saying if Andy wants to play backups, there’s plenty of opportunities (much more than most teams) with this team and this defense.  That’s why the original comment didn’t make sense to me. 

All that said we are hobbled right now and backups on offense are already playing significant time. But I agree Algretti is the guy I’d like to see active and getting some work as the season progresses.  First step is having him active.  

Just now, Mloe68 said:

We’ve won half our games this year by 14 points or more and were in complete control to the point we could have played backups the entire 4th quarter.  I’m just saying if Andy wants to play backups, there’s plenty of opportunities (much more than most teams) with this team and this defense.  That’s why the original comment didn’t make sense to me. 

All that said we are hobbled right now and backups on offense are already playing significant time. But I agree Algretti is the guy I’d like to see active and getting some work as the season progresses.  First step is having him active.  

Reid and Co see him in practice etc. Thats all that matters. A few snaps at the end of a so-called blow out does not prove much. I trust they play the guys they feel give them the best matchups week to week.

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

You need to be active to play. Maybe with Allen gone Allgretti will be although Damian Williams is the most likely.  The other kid was a train wreck at Houston so he’s likely a reclamation project.   

Who else was active on the line last week? I imagine we roll with at least 7 guys but wouldn't be surprised to see 8 with the way we are dealing with injuries. 

4 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Reid and Co see him in practice etc. Thats all that matters. A few snaps at the end of a so-called blow out does not prove much. I trust they play the guys they feel give them the best matchups week to week.

Sure, they need to start the best, but at the end of the Raider game, for example, Allegretti could have come in for some snaps.  There's no contact in practice equivalent to game action.  Why not make Allegretti active for such experience and evaluation?  Same with Saunders.  At least Saunders wouldn't get a QB killed if he whiffed. 

4 hours ago, FANATIC said:

I agree. Coaches see these guys every day and when they feel like they are ready to move up in the rotation, they do it.  Maybe it’s why Jeff Allen was released? That said it seems unusual to me even in a blowout that most NFL teams start pulling offensive linemen.  But maybe I’m wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I agree. Coaches see these guys every day and when they feel like they are ready to move up in the rotation, they do it.  Maybe it’s why Jeff Allen was released? That said it seems unusual to me even in a blowout that most NFL teams start pulling offensive linemen.  But maybe I’m wrong. 

Yep. If your going to pull your lineman better pull you MVP QB too.

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Who else was active on the line last week? I imagine we roll with at least 7 guys but wouldn't be surprised to see 8 with the way we are dealing with injuries. 

Looks to me like the only two active backup linemen were Jeff Allen and Ryan Hunter who are tecnhically both guards although I know Allen can play anywhere. Since Allen has been released this would lead me to believe it'll be Rankin or Senat active this week. But I'm assuming since he practiced all week D Williams will be back so I guess he replaces Reggie Ragland. I think once they feel Claiborne is ready, Fenton will likely be inactive. 

39 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Looks to me like the only two active backup linemen were Jeff Allen and Ryan Hunter who are tecnhically both guards although I know Allen can play anywhere. Since Allen has been released this would lead me to believe it'll be Rankin or Senat active this week. But I'm assuming since he practiced all week D Williams will be back so I guess he replaces Reggie Ragland. I think once they feel Claiborne is ready, Fenton will likely be inactive. 

Love that contested clutch catch Pringle made last week.  My sleeper for this week.

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Why is he on the team? Why is he in the NFL?

Seriously?  If a player isn’t high enough on the depth chart to be active 4 games into his career you are asking why have him on the team at all? . Maybe we should ask 6 time Pro Bowler Brian Waters this question.  Believe me if Allgretti doesn’t show any potential on the practice field he won’t be here long, active or otherwise. But you also don’t throw players who aren’t ready YET to the wolves especially when his job is to protect the MVP.