Would You Trade Hill for Ramsey?

Hardman looks great. Kc winning without Hill. Robinson has arrived. Hill for Ramsey? Kc keeps their picks, trade off on contracts and Jags could use another real weapon. Not sure if I would do the deal but curious what you guys think. Maybe Hill and a high pick? I think I would look at trading Hill in the off season? At least see what teams would give.

1 minute ago, Higgins said:

I don't know that I would.  But i have thought all along, that we should've been more focused on signing Jones instead of Hill. 

I think Jones will get done soon. Saw Kc is around 28 million under the cap. The Ramsey/Peterson stuff could be holding it up?

20 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Hardman looks great. Kc winning without Hill. Robinson has arrived. Hill for Ramsey? Kc keeps their picks, trade off on contracts and Jags could use another real weapon. Not sure if I would do the deal but curious what you guys think. Maybe Hill and a high pick? I think I would look at trading Hill in the off season? At least see what teams would give.

You like eating dead money on the cap do ya?

Doesn't make any sense.  The idea of making a move like that is to load up talent to make a run right now and unloading talent in the process is counter-productive to the objective.

The idea of adding Hardman was to give you a longer term weapon tomorrow, but for today would give you an extra option to make it even harder for Belichick to take away all of your options and rain allover that Defense for all 4 quarters.

That's before mentioning that the issue in Jacksonville isn't at WR.

Gonna throw this out there...

ATM Calais Campbell has played better than Jones last year and this year.  I know Campbell is about twice the age of Jones haha but still is producing.  He can also easily play DE and DT which fits perfectly into a Spags D.  Jones is still a top 5 DT in the NFL and super young which gives him a ton of value.  I would and most of you would agree his value is higher than Ramsey's.  I still think Calais could come in and give us a good 3 years at much cheaper cost than Jones.  The money Jones will cost can go to Ramsey+Calais and we start to look for Calais's replacement in 2021/22 with a early draft pick.

Instead of making Jones the highest paid DT in the NFL....

Chiefs get:

Campbell

Ramsey

Jags get:

2020 1st

Jones

Our offense has been humming right along with out him so I could see why this might come up.   If Jalen had a different attitude and wasn't such a diva I could see the idea, but I would still say no.    How easily some forget what Hill can do.   Hardman is fast and nice but Hill's acceleration puts his to shame.  This offense is gonna be nuckin futts when he gets back.   And the defense who had the Jaguards couldn't even slow this O down...........so why would we trade an intergal part to get him.   I'd rather giveu picks that aren't guarantees than superstart wr's with all world speed.    

After yesterday I'm not so sure we even need a ton of defensive help.   That game could have been 50 had Andy and Pat kept the pedal down.  We ran the ball the entire 3rd and 4th quarter almost.    

I would trade Hill for Peterson or Xavien Howard but not for Ramsey. I'm not even sure if I want Ramsey at all with all of recent developments regarding him. Last 2 weeks showed that our offense can function perfectly with any of our current WRs out of the mix. I only have doubts about Ramsey himself.

10 hours ago, Balto said:

Gonna throw this out there...

ATM Calais Campbell has played better than Jones last year and this year.  I know Campbell is about twice the age of Jones haha but still is producing.  He can also easily play DE and DT which fits perfectly into a Spags D.  Jones is still a top 5 DT in the NFL and super young which gives him a ton of value.  I would and most of you would agree his value is higher than Ramsey's.  I still think Calais could come in and give us a good 3 years at much cheaper cost than Jones.  The money Jones will cost can go to Ramsey+Calais and we start to look for Calais's replacement in 2021/22 with a early draft pick.

Instead of making Jones the highest paid DT in the NFL....

Chiefs get:

Campbell

Ramsey

Jags get:

2020 1st

Jones

Good god no.  Campbell is on the verge of decline while Jones is starting to peak.