Bill mass

Summary 

collective bargaining has played a role in run defense. No practice with pads 

a bunch of new guys in the system

offensive league 

the defense will get much better as the year goes on

and... he’s broke down all the games and watched lots of tape.. Frank Clark is NOT getting doubled teamed. He’s not winning one on one.

but, don’t worry, what he does in the playoffs is what matters 

4 minutes ago, xen said:

He's been good setting the edge on his side.  Night and day from dee ford.

This is what I'm starting to see. So far he doesn't seem to be as good of a pure pass rusher as Ford and gets blocked. However he seems to be a better overall player because he plays the run better, and is in good position most of the time. I need to watch him more to get a better idea about him.

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well, I don't think the bargaining agreement has anything to do with how bad Hitchens is. That dude flat out SUCKS.

Hitchens needs to be over there with Ragland sitting on the bench...

3 games into a new system and they didnt play together hardly at all in preseason.  I wouldn't go making snap judgements on these guys just yet.

Just now, qnet said:

This is what I'm starting to see. So far he doesn't seem to be as good of a pure pass rusher as Ford and gets blocked. However he seems to be a better overall player because he plays the run better, and is in good position most of the time. I need to watch him more to get a better idea about him.

Basically traded Ford and a First and 20 million per year. Thats a lot for a little improvement. Hope they figure out how to use him better. 

1 minute ago, qnet said:

Not too worried about Clark.  Most edge rushers tend to get sacks in bunches.

28 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well, I don't think the bargaining agreement has anything to do with how bad Hitchens is. That dude flat out SUCKS.

Hitchens needs to be over there with Ragland sitting on the bench...

I had defended Hitches performance in the first 2 games, but he had a really rough one for sure against Baltimore. I think Williams has been very solid. most of the big runs were to his side, but overall he has been pretty consistent. He was a good pickup. Also, Ogbah has played really well. Might have the best tape of any DE so far.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Basically traded Ford and a First and 20 million per year. Thats a lot for a little improvement. Hope they figure out how to use him better. 

We gained a 2nd and Clark for 3 million more per year. Remember Ford did get us 2 second round picks and he is costing 17 million per year. I think Clark is worth it over Ford.

I just dont see Ford doing well in a 43 and against the run. Clark also can move to either side. Ford was only ever good on one side of the line

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We gained a 2nd and Clark for 3 million more per year. Remember Ford did get us 2 second round picks and he is costing 17 million per year. I think Clark is worth it over Ford.

I just dont see Ford doing well in a 43 and against the run. Clark also can move to either side. Ford was only ever good on one side of the line

Sure but we traded that 1st & second for Clark. Hey I hope Clark is the beat deal ever. Hope he ends a long awesome career in KC. The deal is done so now its time to root for extraordinary success. Its almost like thinking a receiver that leaves KC is going to have the same success with a team without a really good QB and other weapons to take the focus off of that player. Not likely.

12 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Sure but we traded that 1st & second for Clark. Hey I hope Clark is the beat deal ever. Hope he ends a long awesome career in KC. The deal is done so now its time to root for extraordinary success. Its almost like thinking a receiver that leaves KC is going to have the same success with a team without a really good QB and other weapons to take the focus off of that player. Not likely.

We still have yet to see our 2nd round pick in this deal. Just need SF to start losing for a better pick. Clark is not getting the flashy stat of sacks but it will come. He has 7 tackles, 1 sack and 1 int. Ford has 3 tackles, 1 sack and 1 FF.

Can you imagine what people would be saying here after overpaying Ford and seeing just those stats so far? Clark will be fine and for him to set the edge, get pressure and do it from anywhere on the line is a good thing.

The stats will come. It also helps us get better matches with other players on the line with, him being versatile to line up any where.

Just now, kkuenn said:

We still have yet to see our 2nd round pick in this deal. Just need SF to start losing for a better pick. Clark is not getting the flashy stat of sacks but it will come. He has 7 tackles, 1 sack and 1 int. Ford has 3 tackles, 1 sack and 1 FF.

Can you imagine what people would be saying here after overpaying Ford and seeing just those stats so far? Clark will be fine and for him to set the edge, get pressure and do it from anywhere on the line is a good thing.

The stats will come. It also helps us get better matches with other players on the line with, him being versatile to line up any where.

Sure. I would have traded Ford and not done the Clark deal. Too many holes on this defense so one really good player is not that much better. Plus Clark had that great defense around him. As a free agent maybe you give him that contract. Including picks made it a huge overpay.

25 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Sure. I would have traded Ford and not done the Clark deal. Too many holes on this defense so one really good player is not that much better. Plus Clark had that great defense around him. As a free agent maybe you give him that contract. Including picks made it a huge overpay.

Well that is where I do not agree. We lost both Ford and Houston. We needed a player that could play in the 43 and one that could be a leader etc. He was not going to hit FA because someone would have traded for him or they would have kept him for the year and played it out. We needed him and at his age etc it made sense. Defense was and still is our weak point. Getting holes fixed and set now will only help us identify other needs and go from there. All this and we still have 29 mil in cap space this year and able to make 30.5 million next year if we need to do so. Veach is doing a great job managing contracts and the cap space for future extensions and signings of other FA as needed. Sure we give up some picks, but we are doing so in order to get a known commodity rather than gamble and wait on a draft pick.

Just now, kkuenn said:

Well that is where I do not agree. We lost both Ford and Houston. We needed a player that could play in the 43 and one that could be a leader etc. He was not going to hit FA because someone would have traded for him or they would have kept him for the year and played it out. We needed him and at his age etc it made sense. Defense was and still is our weak point. Getting holes fixed and set now will only help us identify other needs and go from there. All this and we still have 29 mil in cap space this year and able to make 30.5 million next year if we need to do so. Veach is doing a great job managing contracts and the cap space for future extensions and signings of other FA as needed. Sure we give up some picks, but we are doing so in order to get a known commodity rather than gamble and wait on a draft pick.

We agree to disagree. I love being wrong! Go Chiefs.

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

We agree to disagree. I love being wrong! Go Chiefs.

Posted by MLOE in another thread, but this is what he is bringing and helping other players etc. Again my opinion but he is doing the stuff you just dont see on the normal stats page.

According to , #Chiefs DE had NINE pressures against the #Ravens yesterday, with Chris Jones and Frank Clark each grabbing FOUR. Overall, the #Chiefs had 26 QB pressures on Sunday.
12:46 PM · Sep 23, 2019·TweetDeck

3 hours ago, xen said:

He's been good setting the edge on his side.  Night and day from dee ford.

I agree with you except for one play. The Ravens first drive it was 4th down in the redzone. Clark completely took himself out of the play leaving his side vacant allowing Jackson to scramble for an easy pickup. That was a rookie mistake. He got better as the game went on. Jackson, come to think of it is verrry quick and was a hand-full to say the least. 

Bottom line is Clark needs to perform better for what he's getting paid for. I haven't seen any tackles in the backfield yet. He and Jones are the guys, to make that stop against Brady or whoever on 3rd and 10 to get to the SB. Glad to see him get one yesterday.